The Emma-Watson.net Forum

British GQ May 2013

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off thank you for posting these-we dont get the Brit GQ obviously here in the US ;)

I love that they did a photoshoot of her as "Nikky" It shows that she can be different from Hermione and Sam.

I really love that she and Rupert especially are doing these roles and getting these roles (Rupert's CBGB)...they were the co-stars of HP and sometimes not all the time but sometimes I felt they were overshadowed by Dan being Harry and all. It's just cool seeing them getting these parts.

If anyone can scan the interview, it would be awesome! Thanks!

Anyway, looking forward to Bling Ring! Just looks so good!

I hear ya! And agree 100%

The bits about her upbringing are interesting and confirm things I've suspected.

Had to lol at the "gold digger" comment though. Emma really doesn't seem easily accessible enough for that, nor stupid enough to hand her financial matters over to someone else. ;)

The bits about her upbringing are interesting and confirm things I've suspected.

She tries to tell us, that she was a "unaccompanied minor" during the whole shooting of HP? Oh, come on, Emma........ Your mum and dad would have had really troubles with the law if that would have been so..... I bet, it was perfectly cared for you. Maybe not by mummy and daddy, hard working on their own career, but somebody else was definitly there.....

You aren't thinking of a certain manly looking blonde by chance?

Ahem... I mean, it sounds like Emma must have felt quite pressurized during her youth. Only that she's someone who doesn't mind pressure.

Ahem... I mean, it sounds like Emma must have felt quite pressurized during her youth. Only that she's someone who doesn't mind pressure.

Nop, I have no manly looking blond in mind......

And yes, if it is true what she tells us in this interview, she is definitly a victim of her parents divorce. It is no good thing for a 10 year old to be pushed around between a dominating mother ("my mother could be frightening" - her own words) and a helpless, redwine-loving father. The latter I can understand, because it is not easy to find your way into the world of a 10 year old girl.....

Nop, I have no manly looking blond in mind......

And yes, if it is true what she tells us in this interview, she is definitly a victim of her parents divorce. It is no good thing for a 10 year old to be pushed around between a dominating mother ("my mother could be frightening" - her own words) and a helpless, redwine-loving father. The latter I can understand, because it is not easy to find your way into the world of a 10 year old girl.....

she was a 10 year old working kid. She had a lot to deal with from that young age.

she was a 10 year old working kid. She had a lot to deal with from that young age.

I agree with you; but let us not forget that it was voluntarely and she got very, very much money for beeing a "working child".

some people here seem to know Emmas life better than Emma herself. curious.....

That has to do possibly with the fact that other people studying in their spare time psychology, even have a divorce with a 9 year old child behind them and maybe have all in all a little more life experience.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Jonny (i just call you that now, until you say no)

That mention with the dress an that one of Pretty woman is very interesting. i like her version a little bit more, but that my be because it is knew and i saw this Pretty woman version a hundred times.

And i think other kids had a harder childhood. My mother was could be frigtening too. She dosen´t scream but she had done other things and dominated much of our familie live. My father couldn´t push against and i was too young to stand against her, my sister dosen´t cared so much, she is strong.

In other families she kids are hit, and when i got in my favorite period of time, the old one^^ there she could have treat even worser. We are softer then our ancesters was, and not much cleverer, if at all. 

So yes she had a hard live, but many others too. It would be very unfair if she has no cracks, thats things that make persons interesting in my opinion.

The cracks come from Roger Williamsen, i read his book about it.

It's difficult to say, how her childhood really was. After the divorce of her parents it was maybe harder for her then we all know. I do not think that her parents were very caring. I mean, telling such a adorable girl of 9 or 10 f.e. never that she is ok and "pretty" (as Emma told herself), helping to build up self-confidence, is hard.

True. Maybe i see it to easy. We living now. The past can gives us the way to the now, but now is still now. 

Yes. But - and if you read my PM you will understand - the past is often important for that what we are today. Without even knowing it.

that you don´t have to say me. I lived true some cracks, too. And i love History and know what mankind was in past an know and where some of our meanings come from. 

Because i can´t edit my own text know i make a twin post.

It´s a Question these Pictures from the GQ are they from the film or are they a special making for the magazine?

Because i can´t edit my own text know i make a twin post.

It´s a Question these Pictures from the GQ are they from the film or are they a special making for the magazine?

If you read the text on the cover, you see that it is a special foto-shoot by Mark Selinger for GQ - GB

Sorry, my brain was a little bit slow.....

Now I got the picture (in the truest sense of the word):

You are talking about her chaperone/Bodyguard/publicist/substitute mother.....

i liked reading the interview, only thing i was a bit foggy on was that will self fellow. some tabloid schmuck or something like that? i guess he marginalized her talent, intelligence, and persona, as she is still very discrete in her dislike of him.

some people here seem to know Emmas life better than Emma herself. curious.....

I hear ya! And agree 100%

ROLFMAO!!!!!! Adebisi, you are becoming fast my new best friend on here with your comments ;) That was AWESOME...THAT was what I was thinking too!!!!!

Trixie, thank you my friend :)

Elena, agree-Emma was a 10 year old working kid...honestly too, things could be done very differently in the UK or just with some families in general. She knows her parents were into their careers-they were not at all into show business...if anything, her parents could have said no to her. But they didnt because they knew this was something their daughter wanted. As for her dad, my dad did the same to me. My parents are together btw but my dad didnt know how to treat a daughter either-raised me like my brother-sports all the time. Yes my dad would hit the ball the same way to me as to my brother. LOL...well Emma we know became quite the ping pong champ-beating the guys on set on HP ;) Rupert even said if he could do one thing, it was to beat Emma in ping pong LOL....

I loved her interview-Emma sounds so much more grown up, which she is now! I cant believe the trio will be soon in their mid 20's! Wow...Roberto, thank you so much for sharing this with us btw!!! Back to her interview-as always sounded grounded and so down to earth and humble. She was definitely raised well.

Edited by cbmac12