#41 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Sunny England

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Apparently he wasn't bothered as it meant he could have cake today rather then waiting for tomorrow :P

Happy Birthday for tomorrow blueangel. Hope you have a great day

Hehe-that was totally what I was aiming for when I made the cake. I was really upset when it first happened, it just slowly sunk down lol, but Ash can see I put the effort in and rather then letting it get to me I've decided I will make another one and get this one right. I didn't have all the right things in so will make it properly, I wont let the tardis beat me. (I'll post a photo of the shocking attempt at it)

Back to Dr Who, I can't wait for it to start again.

Posted Image

#42 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

This looks brilliant and is opening in London this Sunday...

http://www.doctorwhoexperience.com/

I have trips to London planned for both April and May, I am definitely going to try and fit this in.

Hehe-that was totally what I was aiming for when I made the cake. I was really upset when it first happened, it just slowly sunk down lol, but Ash can see I put the effort in and rather then letting it get to me I've decided I will make another one and get this one right. I didn't have all the right things in so will make it properly, I wont let the tardis beat me. (I'll post a photo of the shocking attempt at it)

Would love to see it, i'll have to take a photo of my brothers bedroom door, he's painted the Tardis doors on the outside, it's pretty good.

#43 perfect.shivers

perfect.shivers

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Mood::sleepy;
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:02 AM

This looks brilliant and is opening in London this Sunday...

http://www.doctorwhoexperience.com/

I have trips to London planned for both April and May, I am definitely going to try and fit this in.

Would love to see it, i'll have to take a photo of my brothers bedroom door, he's painted the Tardis doors on the outside, it's pretty good.

You can't imagine how jealous I am of yoo....

Season 6 is being split in two because Steven Moffit [current Doctor Who show helmer] has to take a break from it to do his other show, Sherlock.

Just for those who didn't know.

-perfect.shivers

Posted Image

graphics;
blog | showcase
---
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."

#44 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

I think they were going to split the series anyway, to quote Steven Moffat "to give viewers one of the most exciting Doctor Who cliffhangers and plot twists ever"

But yes he will work on Sherlock in between, which I must add is another excellent series, but that's for another topic.

#45 perfect.shivers

perfect.shivers

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

It's also supposed to be scarier then any other Doctor Who before. That I am excited about.

I just want another trailer so I can make more graphics!!!

-perfect.shivers

Posted Image

graphics;
blog | showcase
---
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."

#46 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

oooo-I want to go, I'll have to see if we can pop down to London near easter. My boyfriend hates London though....maybe dr who will entice him :P

and the tardis bedroom door sounds amazing

Edited by flying kiwi, 21 February 2011 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image

#47 ..::blueangel0::..

..::blueangel0::..

Energetic member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Mood::hangover o.O
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

o.O I want to see this :D so I can paint mine as well ^-^ :D

Even Angels cry,
If you don't believe my words just look up at the sky,
Do you really think it's rain?
It's nothing more than heaven's pain,
Even Angels cry . . .

Fan Irresponsible Rebel Economic

#48 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

and the tardis bedroom door sounds amazing

o.O I want to see this :D so I can paint mine as well ^-^ :D

Posted Image

I'm quite jealous, when he moved back home we had part of the garage converted into a room, it's the only reason he has it, we would never be allowed this in the house.

#49 Jo.

Jo.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Posted Image

I'm quite jealous, when he moved back home we had part of the garage converted into a room, it's the only reason he has it, we would never be allowed this in the house.

Tha's frickin awesome :)

#50 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

I want that as my bedroom door like NOW!

#51 ..::blueangel0::..

..::blueangel0::..

Energetic member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Mood::hangover o.O
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

o.O I am soooooo doing that in my room back home :D :D :D

Even Angels cry,
If you don't believe my words just look up at the sky,
Do you really think it's rain?
It's nothing more than heaven's pain,
Even Angels cry . . .

Fan Irresponsible Rebel Economic

#52 perfect.shivers

perfect.shivers

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

Aha, amazing door!

-perfect.shivers

Posted Image

graphics;
blog | showcase
---

#53 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

haha inspiration all around now! I'll pain my door like that (more like get an artist in) then paint the inside of my room like inside the tardis!

#54 perfect.shivers

perfect.shivers

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:12 AM

haha inspiration all around now! I'll pain my door like that (more like get an artist in) then paint the inside of my room like inside the tardis!

Dar, I'd pay yoo to do that to my room! =D

The guy from "The Lodger" is going to be in the new season, I didn't know that! And Doctor who is getting an MMO. I'm quite excited about both right nao.

-perfect.shivers

Posted Image

graphics;
blog | showcase
---

#55 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

My failed attempt at a Tardis cake, I know exactly where I went wrong though, with me only deciding to do it a couple of days before his Birthday I didn't have the right icing and I didn't have the right shaped tin so couldn't stack the cake properly. It tasted great though :P and I'll be back here one day with an even better version (one that actually stands up lol)

Posted Image

Posted Image
as I was putting the sides on I realised it was all slipping so got a photo before it completely collapsed.

Posted Image
How it looked once I gave up and just shoved it in the tin :P

Posted Image

#56 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Haha, I don't think you're cake had enough volume to make that sort of novalty cake. It looked lovely before hand though. :P (no harshness meant, i'm a baker, hehe :P )

As for this post, I watched the first Doctor Who episode of the last/newer series and it brought back some memories. I do love doctor who. It just made me re think of how he was trying to copy David Tennant though. That's the only bummer with his acting. He can't be unique. :/

#57 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

The problem was I tried standing 3 long rectangles up rather then stacking squares which wa a my original plan until I saw which tins I had in. I've made novelty cakes before, this one just didn't have the planning go into it which I normally have, I thought I could make up for the thin icing by using marzipan as well, which didn't work out as planned. The icing slipped and the cake wouldn't stand the extra weight as it wasn't stacked right. I know where I went wrong, I knew as I was making it but as I didn't have what I needed I thought I might as well have a pop. Don't worry, no offense was taken I have every confidwnce in my baking skills and you can't beat my secret sponge recipe. :P

As for Matt Smith, I still don't see the resemblance in acting styles, if anything looking at interviews with Matt I'd say his doctor is pretty much himself. I'd say the biggest arguement would be can he act or does he just be himself. I haven't sen any of them in action lately though, so to be fair this is all from memory. :/

Posted Image

#58 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

^haha, it was still a good cake though. (:

#59 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

I think adding Matt Smith was brilliant, I was expecting just the Tardis. As long as it tasted nice, afterall they do say the proof of the pudding is in the eating :P

#60 flying kiwi

flying kiwi

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

Haha-thankyou, I'm very glad you could tell it was him. I do have an idea for my next one....but it may be a bit adventerous, might just stick with this one. Noone complained about the taste :P im actually in a weird way glad it went wrong as now I'm seeing it as a challenge lol.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users