#41 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Don't know about you girls but I absolutely love this dress and everything Jolie wears with it. Seen in The Tourist.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really did adore that dress when I was watching the tourist!

#42 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

Don't know about you girls but I absolutely love this dress and everything Jolie wears with it. Seen in The Tourist.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh i looooved this dress when watching the tourist. Anything this woman wears turns to gold.

Sorry been a bit MIA lately, as most of the girls know what has happened to me over the christmas break. But I am back now, slowly but surely getting back into the swing of the forum.

Posted Image

#43 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

sorry for double post but

Posted Image

I adore the dress Leighton Meester wore for her premiere, it is by Michael Kors, pre fall 2011

Posted Image

#44 MOONMELON

MOONMELON

Advanced Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Locationromania

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

/\ that dress is amazing!luv her style!she has great taste and everything she wears looks good on her cuz she has a great figure

Posted Image

sig and av by me :)///brother:Nick///graphics///tumblr

#45 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

/\ that dress is amazing!luv her style!she has great taste and everything she wears looks good on her cuz she has a great figure

So glad you agree, it is such a beautiful dress. And her body compliments it perfectly.

Posted Image

#46 ckravitz

ckravitz

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSouthern Florida

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Spoiler

It was a nice dress, I give it an A+ and I don't even like Jolie
The movie, eh...not so much :P

Sisters: Jade, Kimberley, Ellen, Stef, Sarah Brothers: Ardi

#47 MOONMELON

MOONMELON

Advanced Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Locationromania

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

what do you ppl think bot this dress?
fell in love with it when I first saw it and wanted to make my prom dress after it.not so sure nay more trough :doh:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

^ Love the color! But what does the front look like??

Posted Image
Posted Image

So even if the world falls down today, you've still got me to hold you up, and I will never let you down.

#49 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

I love the color, but you have to be very careful with the fit. With the way the draping is in the front in can make you look pregnant. Look how it accentuates the models belly? And the last thing you would want is to look pregnant at your prom!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#50 MOONMELON

MOONMELON

Advanced Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Locationromania

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

^ Love the color! But what does the front look like??

yeah I would change the lolor to a dark blue 'cause I have blue eyes and pale skin tone
the front is the first photo on the left lol :P

I love the color, but you have to be very careful with the fit. With the way the draping is in the front in can make you look pregnant. Look how it accentuates the models belly? And the last thing you would want is to look pregnant at your prom!

yeah been thinking 'but that.And I also am a D cup so I'm terrified to wear a strapless dress :( but I luv it so much because it's so unusual :D

Posted Image

#51 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

yeah been thinking 'but that.And I also am a D cup so I'm terrified to wear a strapless dress :( but I luv it so much because it's so unusual :D

Yeah that is something to be nervous about. Try it on and see! For all I know it could fit perfectly. Just pay attention the draping and make sure. Also if you are nervous about strapless, then don't where strapless. It wont do you any good, because all night long you will be worrying about it. I want you to feel as beautiful and confident as possible.

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#52 MOONMELON

MOONMELON

Advanced Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Locationromania

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Yeah that is something to be nervous about. Try it on and see! For all I know it could fit perfectly. Just pay attention the draping and make sure. Also if you are nervous about strapless, then don't where strapless. It wont do you any good, because all night long you will be worrying about it. I want you to feel as beautiful and confident as possible.

ty hun :)
unfortunately I can't try it on cause I am only considering to have smw make one like it for me :P
another thing to be worried 'bout-wether the tailor will be any good :doh:
do you girls have any suggestions of decent prom dresses I might copy? :P

Posted Image

#53 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

ty hun :)
unfortunately I can't try it on cause I am only considering to have smw make one like it for me :P
another thing to be worried 'bout-wether the tailor will be any good :doh:
do you girls have any suggestions of decent prom dresses I might copy? :P

Well, if you are having it made then I am positive the seamstress will make sure if fits perfectly. It is much smarter to have something made!

I will find you hundreds lol. One of my favorite things to do is find people clothes.

Few questions.
Colors?
Style?
Vision?
Just tell me what you are looking for and I will find it!!! lol

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#54 MOONMELON

MOONMELON

Advanced Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Locationromania

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Well, if you are having it made then I am positive the seamstress will make sure if fits perfectly. It is much smarter to have something made!

I will find you hundreds lol. One of my favorite things to do is find people clothes.

Few questions.
Colors?
Style?
Vision?
Just tell me what you are looking for and I will find it!!! lol

colot-blue(smt like the pashmina I posted on the -last item/accessory bought-thread today :P )
style:I'd like smt fluffy if possible but I keep changing my mind >_<
vision:i want smt i could also wear at a wedding(or other events) so that i won't buy the dress for only one occasion.not to shiny pls and not to tight.I also have a little problem with my extra weight settling round my waist :P

Posted Image

#55 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

colot-blue(smt like the pashmina I posted on the -last item/accessory bought-thread today :P )
style:I'd like smt fluffy if possible but I keep changing my mind >_<
vision:i want smt i could also wear at a wedding(or other events) so that i won't buy the dress for only one occasion.not to shiny pls and not to tight.I also have a little problem with my extra weight settling round my waist :P

I have to tell you. I am so happy with what you just wrote! Getting something versatile is KEY! Perfect. LOVE the color! I am guessing from the other dress that you would prefer short. I already have a bunch of ideas floating in my head. Since you are getting it made it doesn't matter where I look which is great. I will probably look later tonight, so tomorrow you should find your PM box full of ideas lol.

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#56 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

I feel your pain I am a D cup and its a pain to find a dress that wont make you look massive even if your not. I have boobs that dont match my body type, so a dress like that would make me look big. Mostly because of how it drapes, however the dress is very Burberry.

Posted Image

#57 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

Sorry to put you guys a bit off topic here but I need some advice on what I should wear. We're expecting a very big weekend at work. As many Americans (or non-Americans for that matter) know, the Super Bowl will be held this weekend here in Dallas and there will be a significantly large amount of customer traffic in retail malls. I'm going to be working at Sunglass Hut in the Dallas Galleria all weekend and we've been asked to wear the best attire we can come up with. Normally I do like to dress up a bit to work in conservative and professional attire, but this will need to beat that some. One reason for this is that with the significant increase in customer traffic we are anticipating that many of these customers would be celebs who happen to be shopping that weekend here. Anyways I'd like y'alls opinion on what I should wear. I'll be working all weekend so I'd rather have a few options; here's what I came up with. (I do need to shave and smile)

Posted Image
White french-cuff shirt, gray Burberry slim-cut tie w/ matching cufflinks, black cardigan.

Posted Image
White french-cuff shirt, gray Burberry slim-cut tie w/ matching cufflinks, black v-neck.

Posted Image
Gray pinstriped barrel-cuff shirt, black skinny tie, black cardigan.

Posted Image
Gray pinstriped barrel-cuff shirt, black skinny tie.

What do you think? These are just some samples I came up with on the fly. I do have other shirts, ties and sweaters I can try. Dress code parameters however are dominantly black and certain words to fit would be "savvy, sexy, fun and stylish."

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions? Suggestions?
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#58 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

I adore the last picture, very suave and professional. Makes you look fashionable but yet look professional. But i do like the first look too, so either first or last would be my choice :D

Posted Image

#59 hobbitses

hobbitses

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

sirbenedictvs- i love all those looks, my favorite looks on guys :P my favorite is second and last :)

tumblr_mwkq8uS91t1rkbi4ao6_r1_250.gif
Boma's gift. Jade's gift. Ellen's gift. Lindy's gift.
sisters: Ellen & Arie
jersey shore buddy: Sarah

#60 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for the input! I'm probably going to roll with the first one Friday and then maybe the last one on Saturday. Any suggestions I should try?
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users