The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Disclaimer: this is not a hate post or trolling. Thank you for understanding.

So I've been surfing through web and I stumbled upon these two blogs (i dunno if it's okay to post the link, but I'm pretty sure that people on this forums who use tumblr probably know what I'm talking about). You can hardly call them EW fan blogs, but they're not hate blogs either, just people pointing out that EW is not that perfect and showing evidence of her lying/being hypocrite. I used to admire Emma and even was an active user on this forums once (some of the oldies might remember me as Foxxy).

When production of HP movies was over, I noticed how in some of the interviews Emma was showing disrespect to something that made her famous, something that gave her everything she has right now, namely Harry Potter.. she has complained she felt trapped by the ‘horrible’ filming schedule.. I mean why nobody else from the cast is complaining? She says she doesn't like it when people call her Hermione, but that's how it will always be. That's the her first & biggest role at the moment.. Hermione is the role that brought her fame. If she doesn't want people to think of her as Hermione why to constantly post HP-related text/pics?

I also remember her tweet welcoming Bonnie Wright to twitter, but then few months later she removed Bonnie from the people she follows.. and that recent tweet mentioning Matthew Lewis + pic with him even though he's not even in her following list. That's just rude to say the least.

Plus all those claims that it's hard for her to find a boyfriend (or calling a guy she makes out with in public "just a friend"), owning only 8 pairs of shoes, not carrying around designer bags etc. etc. etc.  Are obviously lies.

Yeah, yeah... you'd say "it's okay to change you mind".. but when she claims she doesn't do (this) or not wearing/using/liking (that) and then few weeks/months later spotted doing otherwise... how do you call it? Lies & hypocrisy.

There are many more examples and you can look it up on the internet. Those are not some rants, but facts with evidence.

All I wanted to say in this post is how much I am disappointed with Emma Watson. She used to be my idol, my role model; but then after taking off my fan!glasses, analyzing more information and considering things critically I now see the real face of Emma Watson.

That's pretty much it. I'm sorry if I hurt somebody's feelings, I didn't meant to. I know that this post won't get enough (if any) positive feedback, I just wanted to share my thoughts and experience with you guys. Thanks for your time.

Zain, aka Foxxy.

UM WOW....poor Emma. She can say what she wants and do what she desires. I'd be complaining if I'd have just jared after me everyday.

The HARRY POTTER schedule was very difficult even Dan said it, waking up at 5 and going home when it's dark which means arriving home

at 8-9pm. That's hard. But they got paid too that's why they said they're greatful for the fact that they could never work again but they love what

they do. Go ahead and believe what they wrote and yet you blamed them for the things they claim about her.

All I can say is that the person's blog out of millions of other fans means nothing. For the fact that you are listening to that person's blog is kind of sad. Emma is a hard working young woman. She has never said anything negative about the cast and crew of Potter nor has any of the cast and crew ever said anything negative about her.

As for twitter, she hardly does it. Did maybe even stop to think that Emma doesnt want to use twitter to speak to everyone for the whole world to see?

IMO, I think this thread was meant to put down Emma and is in fact a troll thread. If you are not a fan of Emma any longer why be on an Emma fansite? Makes no sense. I used to love Catherine Bell (an actress on military dramas) but no longer do. But do I frequent the forums where I used to be to say I am no longer or a fan or put her down? I don't because I don't want to be the one to ruin a fan's forum.

Zain, as I wrote in another thread, I do not think that this forum is the right place to discuss this topic. During my travels through the net I found a page of a girl who listed over the years more then 100 (!) differences between her quotes and her actual actions. Ok, she has the right to change her mind. Good. Granted. She is living in a social world nearly nobody of us can imagine. Maybe in this world it is without consequences, if you say this and do that - in our "real" world such a behaviour would cause troubles soon.

Of course, each of us - fan or not - has the right to ask questions, but I do not think that you will get the real answers here.

The best way is to be a fan of the "actress", I mean, see her in a movie and think: "Oh, nice, Emma!" - Not less, not more.

Because asking, why she is making silly quotes ("I own only eight pair of shoes...."), why she wants so hard to be recognised as an "American teenager" instead of following the true british foodsteps of Emma Thompson, Maggie Smith or Helena Bonham-Carter,  or why she is treating paparazzi like enemies - and is treated by them in return as an outlaw -  (and is demaging her image with her permanenty grumpy and awful faces in public) is usless here; nobody except Emma herself could give you a answer to that questions. And she will never speak to people who are so far below her.

For me she was adviced and managed very well by Warner Broth. during Potter in all questions of PR, statements and behaviour. After that she maybe decided that she is clever enough to make her own decisions without advise - results as seen.

Zain, as I wrote in another thread, I do not think that this forum is the right place to discuss this topic. During my travels through the net I found a page of a girl who listed over the years more then 100 (!) differences between her quotes and her actual actions. Ok, she has the right to change her mind. Good. Granted. She is living in a social world nearly nobody of us can imagine. Maybe in this world it is without consequences, if you say this and do that - in our "real" world such a behaviour would cause troubles soon.

Of course, each of us - fan or not - has the right to ask questions, but I do not think that you will get the real answers here.

The best way is to be a fan of the "actress", I mean, see her in a movie and think: "Oh, nice, Emma!" - Not less, not more.

Because asking, why she is making silly quotes ("I own only eight pair of shoes...."), why she wants so hard to be recognised as an "American teenager" instead of following the true british foodsteps of Emma Thompson, Maggie Smith or Helena Bonham-Carter,  or why she is treating paparazzi like enemies - and is treated by them in return as an outlaw -  (and is demaging her image with her permanenty grumpy and awful faces in public) is usless here; nobody except Emma herself could give you a answer to that questions. And she will never speak to people who are so far below her.

For me she was adviced and managed very well by Warner Broth. during Potter in all questions of PR, statements and behaviour. After that she maybe decided that she is clever enough to make her own decisions without advise - results as seen.

i agree to a certain extent to what you have written. Times do change especially as a teen into adult. She did change her mind on things like the rest of us.

I'm not the same as I was a year ago, and 5 years ago. Now I'm better in many aspects. Same with her and not putting her on a pedestal.

I couldn't care less how many shoes she has and she's making her own cinematic choices, is that so bad? If she wouldn't have received PERKS we would have had news Emma Watson quitted acting and is now preparing to teach English Literature. The rest is interpretable and debatable. Why? We see things differently.

The thing is she can say and do what she wants. Just like anybody can. Nothing she does is hurting anyone in any way. She will live her life as she wishes, and she will never even know what your opinion of her is, and that's super. So there's no point in arguing. It's not like if you make a chart of everything she's said that's contradicted something else she's said in over a decade (!) that she's going to come across it and apologize for or clarify anything. But that's not a "famous actress" thing, that's a human being thing. I'm just lucky that nobody keeps track of my life like they do with Emma, but if they did I'd probably look at them like they're insane and ask if what I do with my life is any of their business. 

(Hint: it isn't.)

People need better hobbies than watching the every move of someone they don't know and finding something to criticize. How is that not exhausting? Not to mention it's not at all constructive. If you're spending that much time focused on a stranger's life choices, you could probably use a bit more time looking at how you choose to spend your own time on this earth.

Thank you Elena :-)

ROFL!!!!! Emma_Rules...LOVE YOU :-) Big Hug to yas!!!!!

LING-FREAKIN APPLAUSE MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing she does is hurting anyone in any way

I'm just lucky that nobody keeps track of my life like they do with Emma, but if they did I'd probably look at them like they're insane and ask if what I do with my life is any of their business. 

(Hint: it isn't.)

People need better hobbies than watching the every move of someone they don't know and finding something to criticize. How is that not exhausting? Not to mention it's not at all constructive. If you're spending that much time focused on a stranger's life choices, you could probably use a bit more time looking at how you choose to spend your own time on this earth.

APPLAUSE 1000 times over...

What I don't understand is why Emma's life is such a sticking point or really even such a point of contention. The girl does nothing that harms anyone-like you said Ling. I love Emma because she is a kind and caring person who gives of her time (i.e. delivered food to elderly shut ins during Hurricane Sandy), wants girls to be proud of their intelligence and not focus so much on their outside and to get an education *THIS I LOVE ABOUT HER* and of course is an extremely talented young actress. Who for the billionth time cares if she shares her privacy with the world? She is ENTITLED to her life and its privacy. I mean honestly, I think some on here need to leave her alone and enjoy the entertainment she provides.

Edited by cbmac12

Ignore this idiot. It's just EcheeWahWah, a pathetic troll and horrible person who constantly goes on this same rant based on false tabloid rumors he/she believes are 100% true and quotes they take extremely out of contest or use from years ago. This piece of trash even made his/her own blog of this nonsense (which is the one he/she is talking about and is shilling/promoting). Echee's just a bitter little troll who wants attention, so it's best not to give him any.

If a mod would close/delete this thread please....

Edited by KS987