#1 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

One of the many locations I want to visit and in the future live. I hope to open my own little Bakery shop there. xD

I'd visit the Big Ben and all sorts as much as I could.

#2 Lady Deadpool

Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

Merry old London <3 One of the many places i've wanted to visit since i was uhm 3? xD First stop; Keira Knightley's flat. Lol j/k there are so many places to see and do in London.

I was planning on going there on July but sadly i won't. It's really expensive and my savings are nowhere lose to enough.

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#3 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

How ironic! The person who made me fall in love with London was Keira Knightley herself! GAH! haha. :P

#4 Antares

Antares

• Moderators
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Been there on New Year's. :P
Wisdom is the ability to cope.
Michael Ramsey

#5 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Been there on New Year's. :P

You lucky, LUCKY man. :P

#6 Antares

Antares

• Moderators
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

Yes, it's a cool place. And I was asked for the way at least once a day. :D
Wisdom is the ability to cope.
Michael Ramsey

#7 MOONMELON

MOONMELON

Advanced Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Locationromania

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

I wish I will live there one day,but who doesn't?It's clear anyway that London is the greatest place ever or at least in top 3 :P

Posted Image

sig and av by me :)///brother:Nick///graphics///tumblr

#8 hobbitses

hobbitses

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

iv been in london twice. i LOOOVE it there
hopefully going there sometime this year again :)

tumblr_mwkq8uS91t1rkbi4ao6_r1_250.gif
Boma's gift. Jade's gift. Ellen's gift. Lindy's gift.
sisters: Ellen & Arie
jersey shore buddy: Sarah

#9 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

I don't want to live in Central London, but, I want to live close so it's a good bus ride away to shop.

#10 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Mood::meh
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

Been there a few years ago. I love London. Been to Britain soo often haha.

Yin-Yang_klein.gif I'm Yang, Dina is Yin

Aunt: Arie

#11 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

I miss it :(
I miss my apartment in central London so badly! But, now we are selling it as I am staying in the States for a while.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#12 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

ahhh, good old London, the Heart of Britain, what with the London Eye and its Houses of Parliament and grimy backstreets... lol

#13 Harleen Quinzel

Harleen Quinzel

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:40 PM

I've been a few times, and I do plan on going back at some point. Amaaaazing place, I would actually consider living there :yesyes: Been to the West End, saw Big Ben, passed Downing Street...London Underground, just a tad claustrophobic xD

tumblr_o5jsc6juyA1ub4z3qo3_500.gif

#14 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

born and bred there until i was 13 when i moved up here. But i go down as much as i can because most of my family are down in London so i need to go and see them as much as i can. But luckily when my parents moved up here most of my uncles decided to follow suit so im lucky.

Love london, miss it a lot but i do not miss the busyness and the crime. The underground i do not miss, the heat in the summer was just incredible. It is like being in a sauna so add that to being cramped with many people's armpits squashed up to your face? Yeah definitly not nice lol.

Posted Image

#15 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

I have been to London so many times now, it's almost like a second home for me, I know my way around better than certain parts of Stoke!

I don't even do the tourist things anymore, i've done quite a lot of them. Love the London Eye and would love to go on it at night, London is beautiful at night.

It is very convienient as its less than two hours away on the train, arrive into Euston and I know my way around without a map, same with the tube, I even have an Oyster card.

I'll be making two trips down next month, spending the weekend in Kings Cross when Stoke play Tottenham and we'll probably have a night out in the West End, then I will be back down to see Stoke again for the FA Cup semi final, although I will only be going as far as Wembley Stadium then.

#16 Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

Power Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

I love London and I would like to visit it someday when I can. I'm looking forward to seeing the Big Ben.

knowledge is power

#17 porcelain.skin

porcelain.skin

Dedicated Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Mood::Happy Mommy To Be

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

I went to London this past June. As beautiful as it was and seeing Big Ben all close and personal, I didn't really like being out and about with it being so crowded.. And then not having a McDonalds close to where ever the heck we were for the Undergound. Lol :P Don't get me wrong, I loved it so much and it was very beautiful.. could've just been less crowded or at lease have some idiots move out of your way.

tumblr_mw0vp7UJFG1so2tcbo3_500.gif
Every story has a Beginning, a Middle and an End

links: @nightly0wl | blogMy Youtube | got a ? ask | Gift(s): Jade/Stef/Lindy/Ellen/BoMa

#18 halleluJah

halleluJah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Mood::sublime
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

I went to London in July, it was rather interesting. Did all the tourist stuff and whatnot. The architecture is obviously insanely mind-blowing! I would hate to live there though, because i just prefer having beautiful nature around me than beautiful buildings. In comparison to my city, the air felt really dirty, the streets looked very dirty, and it's wayyy too crowded. I hate feeling rushed, and that's how I felt there lol.
I also went to parts of the English countryside and Oxford, and that was awesome, the people are very friendly there. :)
It was pretty exciting going on the underground, hahaha. And it was also exciting to see so many dudes in business suits everywhere, that's like a rare sight in cape town haha.

But what I generally don't like about Europe is that it feels so damn regulated and controlled, not that it's a bad thing, but in south africa, I feel a type of freedom I can't feel there. :king:

Edited by halleluJah, 19 August 2011 - 11:32 AM.

Help! I'm stuck on a rock floating through space

#19 Bright_Star

Bright_Star

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

I was in London in April 2008, it was a present for my 16th birthday. Four amazing days with my mum. We stayed in a little appartment. Though there was a lot of noise from the street, it was nice to have our own little house for a few days :). We visited the British Museum, the Tower of London, the National Gallery and much more...I liked it a lot, I'd love to go back as soon as I can :).

Posted Image

Credits to Jade for my avatar and BoMa for my sig! <3

#20 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Mood::Tired..what else is new =P
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

I've never been but I'd love to go! That's definitely top on my list :)
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users