The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Favorite Fruit (Or Veggie)!

I am not a very picky eater, so I love to have variety in my fruit and vegetable intake. The one thing I can no longer drink is the V8 juices (they've become too salty for me), so I've recently started making tons of smoothies for on-the-go or breakfast meals.

My favorite fruit of ALL TIME has to be strawberries. <3 :wub:

Favorite veggie? Hmm. Sweet potatoes (or yams, etc.).

I have been trying to go more tropical and try those fruits and vegetable roots. I'd like to try starfruit, Mexican papaya (there's a difference between the regular kind), yellow mango, humm...and uhm, passion fruit!!!

:D
Isn't it obvious I love Pumpkin! lol naa I'm kidding :P

My favorite fruit of allllll time is mango you won't believe how much I'm crazy for them :wub:
As for Veggie that would be potato's of course because they're amazing and I would eat them in anyway they're cooked in, same goes for tomatos :D
I can't pick one, in no order.

Fruits: Strawberries, kiwis, mangos and mandarins.
Veggies: Cucumber, potato, carrot, bell pepper and tomato.
I freakin' love coconut... is that even considered a fruit?! After that I can't really stop myself from eating plums, I can eat those two all day.

As for veggies, sweet potatoes are great. I also like chinese cabbage(when used in soups), beets, and regular potatoes.

[quote name='Mrs.Pumpkinhead' timestamp='1300212031' post='78166']
Isn't it obvious I love Pumpkin! lol naa I'm kidding :P
[/quote]

What about pumkpin pie? They're delish.

---
Also... would anyone else agree that tomatoes are fruits and not vegetables even though they're treated as vegetables?
[quote name='Will' timestamp='1300236054' post='78613']
[font="Century Gothic"]Mango, passion fruit (for juice), zapote and apple.

Strawberries aren't fruits for the record.[/font]
[/quote]

What [i] are [/i] strawberries, then?
Bananas and grapes, ohhh and [i]cherries[/i] too. All delicious, and pineapple :P And sometimes watermelon. And mandarins. Yep that's all.

But not as nice as feijoas and passionfruit.

Vegesss: I like peas, cauliflower, corn cobs, I like most veges, but not really eggplant and a few others. Edited by padfoot
[quote name='Lena' timestamp='1300241709' post='78626']
What [i] are [/i] strawberries, then?
[/quote]
[font="Century Gothic"][i]"The strawberry is, in technical terms, an aggregate accessory fruit, meaning that the fleshy part is derived not from the plant's ovaries[/i] (therefore, it's not a fruit) [i]but from the receptacle that holds the ovaries. Each "seed" on the outside of the strawberry is actually one of the ovaries of the flower, with a seed inside it[/i] (this is, in fact, the fruit)[i]"[/i][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]But who cares if it's a fruit or not? Call it a fruit if you want, I just wanted to clarify it (such a nerd). xD[/font]
[quote name='Will' timestamp='1300243095' post='78632']
[font="Century Gothic"][i]"The strawberry is, in technical terms, an aggregate accessory fruit, meaning that the fleshy part is derived not from the plant's ovaries[/i] (therefore, it's not a fruit) [i]but from the receptacle that holds the ovaries. Each "seed" on the outside of the strawberry is actually one of the ovaries of the flower, with a seed inside it[/i] (this is, in fact, the fruit)[i]"[/i][/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]But who cares if it's a fruit or not? Call it a fruit if you want, I just wanted to clarify it (such a nerd). xD[/font]
[/quote]

Thanks. ^_^ Yeah, it's ok. I should really read up on this stuff, though.
Well, most people call a tomato a vegetable when it's really a fruit. So, tomato, tomahto. Fruit, fake fruit. Same difference. :lol:
[quote name='padfoot' timestamp='1300234518' post='78606']
Feijoa

[img]http://ayeshahaq.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/feijoa.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I never heard of these before I came to NZ ^_^

BANANAS are my favorite fruit of all time, and they have to look like this, perfect
[img]http://nazret.com/blog/media/blogs/new/banana.jpg[/img]

Also love strawberries of course, to bits! I'm a huge fruit-eater, could live on only fruit if it was possible.

I like veggies less, but I really love avocados, peas, parsnip, kumara (blue ones, ym), broccoli... yeah drooling now
[quote name='padfoot' timestamp='1300255895' post='78672']
^ Oh yeah. Avocados are amazing, one of my favourite foods... as a spread, guacamole, etc :wub:
[/quote]

I would make kind of like a fruit salad with avocados, mangoes and coconut. Love it.
I love eating all kinds of fruits and vegetables. My favorites are: bananas, blackberries, blueberries and pineapple. I eat these as much as I can. I also love making small salads and adding cheese on top and other ingredients as well.
I pretty much live of bananas, I crave them a lot! I don't get too wild with my fruits but I do love me a good apple, and I ADORE blackberries and raspberries. Put a box in front of me, they will be gone. As for vegetables, I'm not a huuuge vegetable eater (shame, I knooow!) but I do like some raw veggies. I like cucumbers, chickpeas (especially in hummus), green peppers and green beans.
[quote name='something better' timestamp='1300387394' post='79475']
I absolutely love all kinds of fruits. But uhm my faborites should be kiwis and figs <3

As for veggies i love cucumber and green peppers!
[/quote]

OMG! FIGSSSS! Om nom nom nom!!!!
Oh, and haha, so...
Cucumber = me,
and green pepper = Jon. Just so you know. :lol:
[quote name='Lena' timestamp='1300388680' post='79488']
Cucumber = me,
and green pepper = Jon. Just so you know. :lol:
[/quote]
I am not gonna comment on that now. After 12 am on chat :lol:

Nawh god and potatoes, how could i ever forget the potatoes!
[quote name='something better' timestamp='1300388896' post='79493']
I am not gonna comment on that now. After 12 am on chat :lol:

Nawh god and potatoes, how could i ever forget the potatoes!
[/quote]

:rofl: !
Well, BoMa is the potato (chip)! :o LOOOL.
Go pick your own fruit and veggie, and we can have a nice, healthy family! :lol:
[quote name='Lena' timestamp='1300389017' post='79494']
:rofl: !
Well, BoMa is the potato (chip)! :o LOOOL.
Go pick your own fruit and veggie, and we can have a nice, healthy family! :lol:
[/quote]
haha <3 [s]But but i love peppers, why can't i be a pepper like Jon :( He can be green and i can be red! Please? [/s]:sob:

[b]EDIT: I WANNA BE A PEA![/b] Edited by something better