The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Suggestions, Questions for Emma's Official site

When "Emma answers questions" or "Emma asks you questions" is advertised but nothing ever happens, you got to be grateful.

I'm sure once I get behind that line of thinking, the secrets of the universe shall be revealed to me :rolleye::unsure:

Thank you, Sacred, just what I was thinking this morning..... :huh:

And another thing: please stop to assert, that Emma is "permanently working soooo hard". It looks like she is extremly busy 24/7/365 and never has time for anything. She is a talented and beautiful young actress, but also gifted with the rare advantage of not having to worry about the ordinary little things of life, as survival itself. I mean, who is really "hard working"? A student, sitting during daytime at university and having a nightshift at McD later to earn a living for his time at university, or a famous young actress, gifted with a fortune we all can only dream of, going to a party or chilling with friends after lessons?

Of course, she is doing her studies, but this is far away from beeing "hard work" as the common people know it. And also making movies seems not to be "too hard", hearing her remarks about shooting "Perks" (quote: "summer of your life"). Ok, it is "work", and I imagine that it is sometimes real fun and sometimes really exhausting, but always much more comfortable then making burgers at McD, look after shelves in the local supermarket, help with the harvest on the farm or even looking after little children.

I do not blame Emma for this all, it is her lucky life she is living, but I think some people should be more realistic that this is rarely "hard work" with no time for anything else. In the end what we are discussing here has to do with time-management, personal interest and the little 'I want to do it because it is important to me'.

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Sacred, just what I was thinking this morning..... :huh:

And another thing: please stop to assert, that Emma is "permanently working soooo hard". It looks like she is extremly busy 24/7/365 and never has time for anything. She is a talented and beautiful young actress, but also gifted with the rare advantage of not having to worry about the ordinary little things of life, as survival itself. I mean, who is really "hard working"? A student, sitting during daytime at university and having a nightshift at McD later to earn a living for his time at university, or a famous young actress, gifted with a fortune we all can only dream of, going to a party or chilling with friends after lessons?

Of course, she is doing her studies, but this is far away from beeing "hard work" as the common people know it. And also making movies seems not to be "too hard", hearing her remarks about shooting "Perks" (quote: "summer of your life"). Ok, it is "work", and I imagine that it is sometimes real fun and sometimes really exhausting, but always much more comfortable then making burgers at McD, look after shelves in the local supermarket, help with the harvest on the farm or even looking after little children.

I do not blame Emma for this all, it is her lucky life she is living, but I think some people should be more realistic that this is rarely "hard work" with no time for anything else. In the end what we are discussing here has to do with time-management, personal interest and the little 'I want to do it because it is important to me'.

You can make anybody's life seem easy if you just point out that a bunch of other people have got it worse.

I mean, who is really "hard working"? A student, sitting during daytime at university and having a nightshift at McD later to earn a living for his time at university, or a single mother who raises a couple of kids, works 2 jobs, and goes to school at night?

By the way, did you happen to hear about that new movie she just spent 3 weeks in Iceland shooting for that's about a biblical apocalypse that takes place thousands of years ago?

I wonder how that compared to her time playing a high-school senior in Pittsburgh...

I mean, who is really "hard working"? A student, sitting during daytime at university and having a nightshift at McD later to earn a living for his time at university, or a single mother who raises a couple of kids, works 2 jobs, and goes to school at night?

Your are right, I consider your example definitly as "hard work". Because the mother you mention has really a "24 hour shift", including the fear to lose a job, getting ill, troubles with the children at school and definitly not millions in the bank to sleep well at night. And this does not stop after three weeks like Emma's shooting in Iceland. THIS is hard work for survival.

As I said, I do NOT blame Emma for the life, she is living, but compared to the life of really hard working people it is - not counting some paparazzi - still a stressless fun.

Your are right, I consider your example definitly as "hard work". Because the mother you mention has really a "24 hour shift", including the fear to lose a job, getting ill, troubles with the children at school and definitly not millions in the bank to sleep well at night. THIS is hard work for survival.

As I said, I do NOT blame Emma for the life, she is living, but compared to the life of really hard working people it is - apart of some paparazzi - still a stressless fun.

My point is you can say that any person's life is stressless fun if you provide an example of someone who is "surviving". The degree to which this person is "surviving" is entirely subjective.

The lifestyles of the people you say are "working hard for survival" would be viewed as a luxury by those who live in a third world country.

Should they be grateful that they live in a developed country and describe their lives as "stressless fun" as well?

Or perhaps they could just accept the fact that their are other people in this world that deal with problems that seem foreign to them, but those problems still deserve just as much value and respect as their own.

My point is you can say that any person's life is stressless fun if you provide an example of someone who is "surviving". The degree to which this person is "surviving" is entirely subjective.

The lifestyles of the people you say are "working hard for survival" would be viewed as a luxury by those who live in a third world country.

Should they be grateful that they live in a developed country and describe their lives as "stressless fun" as well?

Or perhaps they could just accept the fact that their are other people in this world that deal with problems that seem foreign to them, but those problems still deserve just as much value and respect as their own.

I agree with you in every single point.

The discussion is, that Emma has apparently never ever a free minute to do what was promised on her homepage by her people. And the excuse by some of her fans in this forum is always, that "she is so busy, she has no time for it". And my point is, that she has enough time for this little things, if she really want's to do them. Because she is NOT working 24/7/365, compared to your mother-example (and even in the third world people fighting 24/7/365 to survive). And instead of saying openly: "Sorry, guys, but I have no interest in doing such things, never expect interaction with me!" there are promises, anouncements of features, never happening or fizzling out after a very short time.

I agree with you in every single point.

The discussion is, that Emma has apparently never ever a free minute to do what was promised on her homepage by her people. And the excuse by some of her fans in this forum is always, that "she is so busy, she has no time for it". And my point is, that she has enough time for this little things, if she really want's to do them. Because she is NOT working 24/7/365, compared to your mother-example (and even in the third world people fighting 24/7/365 to survive). And instead of saying openly: "Sorry, guys, but I have no interest in doing such things, never expect interaction with me!" there are promises, anouncements of features, never happening or fizzling out after a very short time.

Before she joined twitter, she barely ever interacted with any fans at all. She joined twitter so she can interact with fans on her own terms.

She tweets about the stuff going on in her life. That's how she WANTS to interact with her fans.

She's been asked A LOT of questions about every single aspect of her life over the past decade. She's not interested in broadcasting stuff that she's not comfortable talking about.

When fans ask you questions, you no longer have control of the conversation.

That's why she uses twitter. So if she wants to address something, she chooses to respond. If she feels like talking about some random aspect of her personal life she chooses to share that.

She doesn't have to work with people from the website to organize "events". She can do it right from her phone. Instantly.

It probably makes her feel more normal and less like a celebrity. Which is something she has said is really important to her.

So no, I don't think she REALLY BADLY wants to answer any of the questions we would ask her. She answers enough questions as it is from the press. She's not trying to avoid her fans, she just wants to spend her free time living life outside the spotlight, not under it.

Agree again. But WHY was it promised that she will aswer questions? Just for fun, to initialise discussions like this one ???????? :lostit:

So "her people" promised something, and it didn't work out. So what?

Do you feel wronged because some PR people didn't follow through on something?

Do they owe it to us to be transparent in the goings-on of the site or Emma's life?

Nobody else here feels like we deserve more of Emma's attention. The fact that we are getting any at all is a miracle.

As Sacred_Path said: be gratful for something promised, but never happend is - my point - a slighly pervert philosophie. :blink: :blink:

But maybe people living after that nowadays. And, of course, we are expected to buy her movies, vote for her at awards, buy things she is advertising for..... but hell comes over us, if we EVER want a little bit of something back.

With this, have a nice weekend.

Agree again. But WHY was it promised that she will aswer questions?

NOTHING was PROMISED, what part of that don't you understand?

And she DID answer some questions, it may not have been the several hundred that you were expecting, but she still answered some.

we are expected to buy her movies, vote for her at awards, buy things she is advertising for..... but hell comes over us, if we EVER want a little bit of something back.

Emma does not ask you to buy her films or vote for her, that is YOUR CHOICE, she is hardly holding you at gunpoint.

You really have some warped ideas about what a fan "deserves".

I don't care if she gives anything back.

Being a fan isn't about giving and receiving.

Nobody expects you to spend money, vote for awards, or wait in line for her movies. That's usually something a fan does willingly.

You know, because they like to.

I don't care if she gives anything back.

Being a fan isn't about giving and receiving.

Nobody expects you to spend money, vote for awards, or wait in line for her movies. That's usually something a fan does willingly.

You know, because they like to.

POINT MADE, sacred_path needs to chill too. :mellow::lostit::angry:

Hermione is tired of this. And I think if she were here she would tell us why it is important to not feed the trolls.

:kiss: you Ling, point made. I want Jo to continue asking for sugg. not to close this topic. :sob:

Exactly. We're in a unique position where we have someone taking time out of their life to try to let Emma know what we want from her. And whether we get what we want or not, we should still appreciate that Jo takes the time, and puts in the effort.

Exactly. We're in a unique position where we have someone taking time out of their life to try to let Emma know what we want from her. And whether we get what we want or not, we should still appreciate that Jo takes the time, and puts in the effort.

:kiss:

POINT MADE, sacred_path needs to chill too. :mellow::lostit::angry:

We're all beating a dead horse here, so I'll just refrain from commenting any further. Unless, well, it happens again. By "it" I mean announcements like "Emma is going to produce some hand-made knitwear for y'all" followed by "just kidding gize. U mad? :trollface:". Which I think isn't entirely impossible.

We're all beating a dead horse here, so I'll just refrain from commenting any further. Unless, well, it happens again. By "it" I mean announcements like "Emma is going to produce some hand-made knitwear for y'all" followed by "just kidding gize. U mad? :trollface:". Which I think isn't entirely impossible.

Nobody said Emma was going to do anything.

I really don't understand how people are failing to see this? Emma didn't know anything about me asking for suggestions.

Just so we can have it clear, how do we define useless criticism vs. useful criticism? Voicing your concern about unfulfilled announcements = useless?

There was no "Announcement" :rolleyes:

I Merely asked for suggestions.

:huh:

If I had said "Emma will definately anwser your questions, and she will anwser at least 50"

Then I would understand all of this whinging.

What I don't understand is people throwing their toys out of the pram for something that was NEVER promised, and some questions WERE answered anyway.

:icontwisted8pz:

Oh and Dook, please feel free to close this thread.

If it does ever happen where the possibility of questions to Emma comes up again, I will simply PM the members that UNDERSTAND this whole process and ask for their suggestions.

It will save this whole ridiculous scenario coming up again.

If it does ever happen where the possibility of questions to Emma comes up again, I will simply PM the members that UNDERSTAND this whole process and ask for their suggestions.

If you have an idea but don't know where it's going or if anything will ever come of it at all, it might indeed be better to keep it low profile and not make it official. That was one of my points too.

Agreed on this suggestion, nothing more to say.

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone had any (sensible) suggestions for Emma's official site? or some Good questions that you wanted to ask her (one's that she hasn't anwsered already 10000 times). I'm meeting with her this Wednesday for a discussion about her official website, so any thoughts, suggestions, questions etc.... please let me know.

Thanks, :hug:

Jo

Dook,

I see, your message is going against me, but..... I have to answer.

First: please read the bold sentence in the quote above. This sentence says clearly, that Jo. is asking for suggestions and questions and that she will TALK about that with Emma on that fatefull Wednesday. Now she says, Emma has NO idea. So she did not talk with her about the suggestions? Or only about the questions? The picture is now, that Jo. asked us something and never talked with Emma about it.

Second: I NEVER used the word "rubbish" for anything Emma or her people are doing. It was Jo. who listed 6 things and called it "rubbish". Not I.

Third: I agree with Sacred_Path (and with Jo.) that it is better to discuss "questions, suggestions" on a lower level or only with customized, criticism-free fans and not with people, given the imagination, that they can really give some input.

Finally, I want to apologize to all the people I've irritated with my contributions. I'll try in the future to be a better adapted member of this forum. :sob: