The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Suggestions, Questions for Emma's Official site

Um, Jo DID discuss the suggestions and questions. She DID NOT mention this thread asking for our suggestions. Emma didn't ASK her to make this thread. The thread was for brainstorming purposes for Jo to take to the meeting with Emma.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, Jo DID discuss the suggestions and questions. She DID NOT mention this thread asking for our suggestions. Emma didn't ASK her to make this thread. The thread was for brainstorming purposes for Jo to take to the meeting with Emma.

Exactly.

I thought it was very clear, but I guess not everybody understood.

Be that as it may be.

Because apparently not a single suggestion has been implemented on the homepage and after a few "questions to Emma" this feature was closed again, this thread is a "storm in a teacup" and I feel really sorry that I have caused such unrest.

Edited by Jonny Claus jr.

Be that as it may be.

Because apparently not a single suggestion has been implemented on the homepage and after a few "questions to Emma" this feature was closed again, this thread is a "storm in a teacup" and I feel really sorry that I have caused such unrest.

Ling and Jo explained this already the part with why 'not a single suggestion has been implemented on the homepage' so we won't get there Again, and yes that is pretty much all the forum standing up for Emma which I applaud, I give Ling a standing ovation.

I think the real issue here is that there are still really ugly Google ads on this website and they hurt my eyes and I love websites more than I love most things. T_____T

Emma should hire me to design her webs.

... I'm kidding, that's too much pressure. You people are crazy. :P

BUT I'M GLAD WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS NOW. :D

I think the real issue here is that there are still really ugly Google ads on this website and they hurt my eyes and I love websites more than I love most things. T_____T

Emma should hire me to design her webs.

... I'm kidding, that's too much pressure. You people are crazy. :P

BUT I'M GLAD WE CAN ALL BE FRIENDS NOW. :D

:kiss::king:

There was no "Announcement" :rolleyes:

I Merely asked for suggestions.

:huh:

If I had said "Emma will definately anwser your questions, and she will anwser at least 50"

Then I would understand all of this whinging.

What I don't understand is people throwing their toys out of the pram for something that was NEVER promised, and some questions WERE answered anyway.

:icontwisted8pz:

Oh and Dook, please feel free to close this thread.

If it does ever happen where the possibility of questions to Emma comes up again, I will simply PM the members that UNDERSTAND this whole process and ask for their suggestions.

It will save this whole ridiculous scenario coming up again.

Nah, don't close the thread just because of one or two people who won't stop complaining about the same things over and over again. Just tell them to knock it off because you've already addressed them repeatedly.

If it does ever happen where the possibility of questions to Emma comes up again, I will simply PM the members that UNDERSTAND this whole process and ask for their suggestions.

It will save this whole ridiculous scenario coming up again.

Great idea. You'll get your best suggestions and ideas--in private.

Agree, here I was looking for a cool thread where I could read people's suggestions and questions...anyway Jo please continue to take questions/suggestions. We really do appreciate the time you take and the amount of work you do. So Jo thank you!! :)

I think the new layout is good and serves its purpose. I was a bit sad at first but I reminded myself it's for the best.

Ads still there btw but of course there's not much they can disrupt anymore

Jo, is there any modification going on at the official site... All I can see is Home page with some contacts and the Slideshow.. I wonder where are all the articles, latest, screen etc.? Will that be back?

It was decided to just show basic information for the moment instead of displaying old & stale news stories. Emma is back studying, and so news is very slow right now.

I personally am a fan of the new site. It serves its purpose. Many people and organization are putting limited information on their sites now and using social media more. It seems to be the trend. I see no problem with that. If there are updates on Emma it would be much easier to just post on Facebook anyway. I wish her luck with her studies.

I personally am a fan of the new site. It serves its purpose. Many people and organization are putting limited information on their sites now and using social media more. It seems to be the trend. I see no problem with that. If there are updates on Emma it would be much easier to just post on Facebook anyway. I wish her luck with her studies.

As much as I hate this trend, I agree that it is effective and economical! :D

And there are still PLENTY of businesses and locations that DO need full-scale websites, so as long as they exist (and I still have a job) it's cool with me if individuals scale down their web presence.

Hell, even web designers are getting into the trend of a virtual business card + Twitter instead of full blown sites. I, myself, recommend using Twitter to contact me before even email!