The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Suggestions, Questions for Emma's Official site

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh believe me I am not holding my breath that even half of these will even be put forward to Emma, but I figure if you never ask then you are guaranteed that the answer will always be NO.

Believe me, the answer IS "NO". She answered, I think, 6 or 7 questions from fans, and this was it (until now). Up to date are at the moment old quotes (again) and quotes out of scenes of the HP-movies, already well known to fans.

But, again... WHO CARES. She doesn't NEED to answer questions. She's doing loads of interviews now anyway, I think that's pretty much her Q&A quota filled. :)

Your questions are good ones though, Arwen. :) I found the one about choosing the photos for a magazine particularly compelling.

But, again... WHO CARES. She doesn't NEED to answer questions. She's doing loads of interviews now anyway, I think that's pretty much her Q&A quota filled. :)

Your questions are good ones though, Arwen. :) I found the one about choosing the photos for a magazine particularly compelling.

8) During photoshoots do you have any say or influence into which pictures get chosen for the article/magazine? Do you get a copy of all the shots that are taken (like a CD)?

her question is my question as well. She should have a say, and I'm sure she kept record of all shoots. But i am only guessing.

I know that. But, at the beginning (also at the beginning of this thread) it sounded a little bit different.........

8) During photoshoots do you have any say or influence into which pictures get chosen for the article/magazine? Do you get a copy of all the shots that are taken (like a CD)?

her question is my question as well. She should have a say, and I'm sure she kept record of all shoots. But i am only guessing.

Yeah. And again it's an interesting question BUT it's not entirely related to Emma's career and image, so it's probably less likely to get a direct answer.

I know that. But, at the beginning (also at the beginning of this thread) it sounded a little bit different.........

It's not over.

Emma has been really busy filming Noah and then doing the promo rounds for Perks, then she is back to Noah.

When Emma is back home and has a bit of down time, we will pick this back up.

yes I am aware.

I know that you are. Just trying to explain things a bit from what I imagine Emma's side to be, since SOME people can't seem to let their sense of entitlement die (and you are not one of those people).

Hmmmmmm.......

"Guys, thank you so much for the many, many questions you have sent in. I will be very busy the next three month. So your next questions will be answered by beginning of October. Until then have a nice summer - oh, and we still taking questions. So just ask......"

This sentence on FB and everything would be clear from the first moment on........

Anyway, thank you, Jo, for your feedback.

Oh my goodness. Is it REALLY that hard for you to not make things up for Emma (or Emma's team) to write? They don't need to write anything, most people who follow the page didn't even KNOW questions were being answered. They were just put up and answered. If you weren't on this forum, you would see occasional questions being answered and then you wouldn't, and you'd have no idea why Emma decided to change her format. The page is still being heavily updated, which is AMAZING for a celeb fan page. There is NOTHING to clear up for 98% of the fans out there, so why draw attention to it?

Seriously, learn how social media actually works, or don't comment on it and don't participate. Major pet peeve of mine. :rolleye0012:

I am totally with ling with this one. Anyone who is a real fan knows she is busy filming. It's pretty obvious. Plus there have been some great updates on the page. They may not be new quotes or pictures but I love seeing them on my newsfeed. I think everyone on Emma's team is doing a wonderful job. Especially Jo!!

I know that you are. Just trying to explain things a bit from what I imagine Emma's side to be, since SOME people can't seem to let their sense of entitlement die (and you are not one of those people).

I'd like to have the answer, and know what her favorite shoots are. I understand what you said, I know that it is true.

There are many questions for Emma and Jo is only human, she cannot in any way give to EM all this(selection must be made). To me it's all about photography, I'm obsessed about it and love all Emma shoots, I know them better than the Bible(the amount of photos edited would testify). I'm happy with all I get from her official fb, website, interviews etc.

Oh my goodness. Is it REALLY that hard for you to not make things up for Emma (or Emma's team) to write? They don't need to write anything, most people who follow the page didn't even KNOW questions were being answered. They were just put up and answered. If you weren't on this forum, you would see occasional questions being answered and then you wouldn't, and you'd have no idea why Emma decided to change her format. The page is still being heavily updated, which is AMAZING for a celeb fan page. There is NOTHING to clear up for 98% of the fans out there, so why draw attention to it?

Seriously, learn how social media actually works, or don't comment on it and don't participate. Major pet peeve of mine. :rolleye0012:

like seriously, he'd been doing that from the very beggining, I don't even bother touching reply.

who digs it fine who doesn't live with it.

I am totally with ling with this one. Anyone who is a real fan knows she is busy filming. It's pretty obvious. Plus there have been some great updates on the page. They may not be new quotes or pictures but I love seeing them on my newsfeed. I think everyone on Emma's team is doing a wonderful job. Especially Jo!!

love when I either scroll down, or the homepage updates on fb and an emma photo and quotes pops up.

there were quotes I had no idea or weren't sure they were hers. I love it! and JO doing this is just beyond lovely :happydance:

Edited by helen2U

love when I either scroll down, or the homepage updates on fb and an emma photo and quotes pops up.

there were quotes I had no idea or weren't sure they were hers. I love it! and JO doing this is just beyond lovely :happydance:

It's very difficult being an official source, we can't just add any picture that you see on fan sites, because we have to get the rights to it before we can post it (which often takes time). This is why we usually only post 1 or 2 pictures from premiere's and events like that.

It's easier for us to get magazine pictures, as the magazines that it features in likes the extra publicity.

As i said, would love to get more questions done with Emma soon, but as MOST of you know she is really busy at the moment.

It's very difficult being an official source, we can't just add any picture that you see on fan sites, because we have to get the rights to it before we can post it (which often takes time). This is why we usually only post 1 or 2 pictures from premiere's and events like that.

It's easier for us to get magazine pictures, as the magazines that it features in likes the extra publicity.

As i said, would love to get more questions done with Emma soon, but as MOST of you know she is really busy at the moment.

You don't have to explain yourself, I already KNOW and UNDERSTAND, love Emma and love the team effort.

You also actually answered one of my questions that I didn't even ask at all(why all the photos are small sizes etc), I got it now hehe. How come it's not easier to have the rights for posting emma's photos in HQ/HIRES? That's weird to me; I don't worry about any questions, I'm not exaggerating, I know she works hard to promote and with filming.

Photos that are protected under copyright need to be licensed before they can legally be used. That means, photos of Emma, even if they are OF her, need to be purchased from the photographer.

Technically speaking, posting photos or editing them, etc is a violation of copyright law and therefore illegal. Now, most people won't chase down an individual on the Internet to make a copyright claim, because it's not worth the time and money to sue a random person on the Internet. There are also a few loopholes some people can get away with (fair use being the most common, which covers things like parody and citation). On the flip side, if Emma were to use an unlicensed photo, she'd be more likely to have legal action used against her, for several reasons.

Obviously with fansites and sites like Tumblr, everything's a bit more hazy... because they both violate copyright law. Most fansite photos are not legally purchased (that would be expensive and most fansites are non-profit). On Tumblr the site is literally a rolling ball of unlicensed content... I always wonder how they (and Pinterest) technically get away with it.. I imagine they have a clause that puts the responsibility of what is posted on the user and, again, copyright lawyers are less likely to tackle an individual.

Note: LESS likely. It still does happen. There are laywers for big organizations whose sole job is to look for copyright violation and send Cease and Desist notices.

Edited by ling

Photos that are protected under copyright need to be licensed before they can legally be used. That means, photos of Emma, even if they are OF her, need to be purchased from the photographer.

Technically speaking, posting photos or editing them, etc is a violation of copyright law and therefore illegal. Now, most people won't chase down an individual on the Internet to make a copyright claim, because it's not worth the time and money to sue a random person on the Internet. There are also a few loopholes some people can get away with (fair use being the most common, which covers things like parody and citation). On the flip side, if Emma were to use an unlicensed photo, she'd be more likely to have legal action used against her, for several reasons.

Obviously with fansites and sites like Tumblr, everything's a bit more hazy... because they both violate copyright law. Most fansite photos are not legally purchased (that would be expensive and most fansites are non-profit). On Tumblr the site is literally a rolling ball of unlicensed content... I always wonder how they (and Pinterest) technically get away with it.. I imagine they have a clause that puts the responsibility of what is posted on the user and, again, copyright lawyers are less likely to tackle an individual.

Note: LESS likely. It still does happen. There are laywers for big organizations whose sole job is to look for copyright violation and send Cease and Desist notices.

and it makes sense. thanks for clarifying!

CONCUR 100% with this statement...I mean really it's like a teacher...it really is-parents get upset when we dont email them back ASAP or call them back ASAP...we are busy people too. Anyway I love all the pics and interviews...I agree that Emma's team is doing an AWESOME job :) Keep it up yall!!!

Amazing to see how the blood-pressure of some people here goes through the celing in the moment there is the slightest critic on Emma or her team. I wonder, what these people would do, if some day a not-so-friendly review of a performance of Emma in movie will appear in the media. Will the critic then be killed or tortured (or thrown in the Tower of London)?????

All I was saying was, that it would have been polite and a service to more then 3,5 million fans, if the break in "Emma is answering questions" would have been mentioned with a simple short message. As far as I remember this thread is called "SUGGESTIONS, questions....." - well, it was only a little suggestion...... And, please, do not use the "killer-argument" "Emma is sooo busy" as a excuse for all and everything. She is not doing FB and her own homepage and, after all, I think, that many, many people beeing her fans are more busy to get their daily living then she will ever be. And if Emma really has no time for everything because of beeing stuck in a tight, breathless schedule - well, maýbe she should change her management to get more time off (*sarcasm off*).

I too think, that Jo is doing - within the narrow boundaries, clearly set by Emma or her management - a good job. Nobody here will blame her. But she is not Emma and she can only do, what Emma will permit.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

That is not what is being meant/construed as at all. What I am trying to say at least, is that Emma is busy and just because she is an actress doesnt mean that she should have to sit down and answer all the questions-questions that I am sure have been asked in the past. She also shouldnt have to release a statement saying she is busy-that goes without say. I am sorry I hate to say this but if was not for the "media" we have today (FB, twitter, etc) we wouldnt know what Emma is doing or any other celebrity. She nor any other celebrity should not have to stop their lives to say what they are doing-that IMO should not be part of celebrity. We as a society are too obsessed with the celebrity culture and I think it is about time we allow the celebrities to do what they do best:entertain us in movies/shows/sports etc...leave them alone when it comes to everything else. That is just my two cents.

She doesn't need to answer ANYTHING AT ALL. Or have Facebook or Twitter AT ALL. So you should be grateful for what you get. And you should be grateful that you don't have tons of people expecting you to live up to their insurmountable expectations. And you should consider yourself lucky that you don't have millions of strangers trying to inject themselves into your life.

My blood pressure is fine, but I'm not only a professional who knows how social media and online marketing ACTUALLY work and is trying to educate others, but also an empathetic human being who understands that it can be a lot of pressure and hassle that Emma shouldn't have to deal with.

Ling,

I fear, we will never have the same point of view when it comes to Emma's presence in Social Media. :( You think, she is doing it "Champions League-style", I think, she is just in the "Junior League". (I write "she", but I know, that many of these things are organised by her management). You think, she has no obligation to care for her fans and the people who made her what she is (5.5 million followers and friends can't be wrong), I think, at least a little bit of real attention would be good. It is a difference to talk to a single fan or inform more than 3.5 millions with a sentence and a mouse-click about a break in something, you promised to do (answering questions).

I have stopped following her on FB or Twitter and also her own homepage is not the place, I find, what I want to find - it's here, on Emma-Watson.net. The team here is doing a really good job. Latest news, clips, pics, interviews, and this mostly just in time...... this is, what I expect from a presence of a star on the internet.... And do not tell me, this would not be possible for her due to copyright or other legal stuff - these are all things, you can sort out, if you really want. Dook & Co. are doing it on a daily basis, and the doing it out of fun and addiction. Please correct me, dook, but I do not think that you have a closet full of copyright-agreements for this page......

Finally, and I hope you agree with me in this point, the "Perks"-PromoTour is one of the best things Emma ever did. I really want to see her in a comedy with some dancing sceens.... What a move.... B)