The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Suggestions, Questions for Emma's Official site

Your entire argument is flawed, because she never promised to answer questions. The only people who knew what goes on behind the scenes are those of us on the forum who read posts by Jo. The other 5.499M people have no clue, and are getting exactly what they signed up for when they followed her on Twitter and FB.

And I've already discussed copyright. Technically, most fan sites do face a handful of copyright infringements that they could EASILY receive Cease and Desist notices IF any company's lawyer were willing to take the time, effort and money to sue an individual. In most cases they WOULDN'T however, because it would cost more to sue someone than the fansite owner they're suing could pay. Plus, not many people would appreciate a large corporation suing an individual for posting photos on the Internet. It would be negative publicity. HOWEVER, if Emma were to infringe on someone's copyright, they KNOW she has millions of £ and would most likely sue her because they WOULD make a profit, and create publicity (not necessarily positive publicity, but not negative either as many people would agree that Emma has the funds to pay her licensing fees if she wanted to – a corporation and Emma are a lot closer to being on par than a corporation and an individual running a fansite).

It's really not rocket science.

As for the Perks promo tour, yes, it's been great. And I think it's probably a bit more aligned with how Emma is as a person, as opposed to when Warner was calling the shots and cultivating this very proper British image for the HP films.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I've already discussed copyright. Technically, most fan sites do face a handful of copyright infringements that they could EASILY receive Cease and Desist notices IF any company's lawyer were willing to take the time, effort and money to sue an individual. In most cases they WOULDN'T however, because it would cost more to sue someone than the fansite owner they're suing could pay. Plus, not many people would appreciate a large corporation suing an individual for posting photos on the Internet. It would be negative publicity. HOWEVER, if Emma were to infringe on someone's copyright, they KNOW she has millions of £ and would most likely sue her because they WOULD make a profit, and create publicity (not necessarily positive publicity, but not negative either as many people would agree that Emma has the funds to pay her licensing fees if she wanted to – a corporation and Emma are a lot closer to being on par than a corporation and an individual running a fansite).

that is a NO brainer. Same goes with FAN ART(edits, graphics, paints, drawings). But there are a few people exaggerating

making emma naked on deviant art(I actually helped taking down a few) and other things marked adult content(those would

need a warning).

• 2 months later...

Here a short example, in which way another great star answers the questions of fans directly, unique and genuin. Without much technic, studio, makeup and props.....

Bit of a rubbish example, who is this woman? even IMDB didn't seem to know.

Emma is known by Millions EVERYWHERE. She gets asked the same question a thousand times, I bet this woman has never had that problem.

Why does Emma have to be captured on video to anwser fans questions? what is wrong with a simple typed up Q&A - does it really make a difference? an answer is an answer.

Bit of a rubbish example, who is this woman? even IMDB didn't seem to know.

Emma is known by Millions EVERYWHERE. She gets asked the same question a thousand times, I bet this woman has never had that problem.

Why does Emma have to be captured on video to anwser fans questions? what is wrong with a simple typed up Q&A - does it really make a difference? an answer is an answer.

Excuse me, this "woman" is Anna Netrebko, one of the greatest sopranos on earth! Please do not tell me, that you do not know her.... :icontwisted8pz:

http://www.annanetrebko.com/

And: yes, there is a great difference. Because it is "her" answer, genuin, personal and out of her mouth.....

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

Excuse me, this "woman" is Anna Netrebko, one of the greatest sopranos on earth! Please do not tell me, that you do not know her.... :icontwisted8pz:

http://www.annanetrebko.com/

And: yes, there is a great difference. Because it is "her" answer, genuin, personal and out of her mouth.....

yeah...no idea who she is.

Emma's Q&A is also from her "mouth", just because you don't see a video. When we do it we are her official sourse, so it's not like we make up the answers.

Well I mean it is still "her" answer and it is still genuine, personal, and out of her month. The only difference is it's being presented in a written form.

Edit: aww man, beaten to it T_T.

Twitter = yes.

Facebook = maybe.

Ohhh boy, you enter into that thought process and you open up a big ole can of paranoid beans. She's confirmed her Facebook account, why doubt her answers? Even then I'd be content that she's actually holding Q&A sessions, most others wouldn't bother. If nothing else believe in Jo, she's been around for a long time, originally created the fan site, and helped build up this community, all this before she ever started running Emma's main site. Based off current facts I'd say that the answers from her Facebook page are legitimate. At the end of the day you can either accept the facts presented before you, which fair enough aren't always correct, or you can continue believing that it's some elaborate hoax, where for some reason they are deliberately making up false answers for Emma and posting them, perhaps in some sort of pyramid scheme?

Twitter = yes. (but there are no answers at all)

Facebook = maybe.

The Q&A wasn't run on Twitter (i'm sure you would be the first to complain if it was, as the answers would have to be very short).

Emma usually doesn't post on Facebook (she has done though), but the Q&A that was run on her website and Facebook where all of her own genuine answers, I uploaded those.

Edited by Jo.

The Q&A wasn't run on Twitter (i'm sure you would be the first to complain if it was, as the answers would have to be very short).

Emma usually doesn't post on Facebook (she has done though), but the Q&A that was run on her website and Facebook where all of her own genuine answers, I uploaded those.

speaking of the Q&A, is there an identifiable reason why it has run... dry?

Yup, I have little faith that there are really questions will be answered; possibly some old quotes will be digged out again from the depth of the archive.

She did genuinely answer fan questions. They were not the most relevant nor very personal, but for those among us who think her voice is ambrosia it was a little something.

She did genuinely answer fan questions. They were not the most relevant nor very personal, but for those among us who think her voice is ambrosia it was a little something.

So watch out that you will not starve to death waiting for that "ambrosia".

Edited by Jonny Carinthia