The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma's website

I got that as well. Not sure what's going on. Emma's site has been inactice for a while now(her twitter and facebook are her active pages). We'll have to wait and see what happens.

• 2 months later...

It's looking more and more like the website has been discontinued. For a while the login screen went away and the site was just giving an error. Now for a couple weeks there is no server response at all. And there is no longer a link to the site from her facebook page. :unsure:

It's looking more and more like the website has been discontinued. For a while the login screen went away and the site was just giving an error. Now for a couple weeks there is no server response at all. And there is no longer a link to the site from her facebook page. :unsure:

Oh :(

So is there any ways to send Emma a letter now?

The domain's status is "inactive" so yes, someone has likely removed the nameservers so it just won't resolve anywhere. You'll notice it's also no longer indexed on Google. 

It's still linked on Emma's twitter though.

I wish we would hear from Jo about whether or not it's officially discontinued, as I remember her mentioning that Emma was debating whether or not to continue it since she had facebook and twitter pages, but she hasn't been here in a long time.

While Emma does have other pages now, it would be sad to see her official site go.

I never check it anymore, but the reason for the website was to connect with fans more, right?

So I fully think her Facebook and Twitter is enough for that. It would just be a constant repeat on every site.

I would say it's not a major loss, tbh. Twitter is Emma's main personal presence. Facebook is obviously more "professional" in that it is obviously managed by a third party. News and fan sites are able to get information up instantly. News sites have the income to license images and whatnot, and fan sites have the loopholes to not have to pay for licensing (in most cases). I definitely can see why it's not worth the hassle. It would have cost a lot for the server space for what is essentially a static site. I would have done the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Babak,

Welcome to the forum. Emma won't read your message here. This is a fan forum and Emma doesn't visit.

For his past posts, I think he might be just screaming and shouting for the whole world, not just for her...