Photo

Meats

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Meats

Do you eat meat?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Charlie Croc

Charlie Croc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

I like meat, its a big part of my diet, and i'm up for trying anything, pidgeon is really nice, and i'm going to get some partidge breasts this week to try. Overall though, you can't beat a good homemade roast lamb dinner :)

#22 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

I like meat, its a big part of my diet, and i'm up for trying anything, pidgeon is really nice, and i'm going to get some partidge breasts this week to try. Overall though, you can't beat a good homemade roast lamb dinner :)

My family consider me pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new food and delicacies. However, I do not think I am as adventurous as you are! :o

I have always associated pidgeons with urban-sprawl and urban-like areas, and therefore unsafe to eat. :doh: Lamb, however, is great. The only thing I have to watch with eating lamb is my reaction towards it, because--physiologically--my body responds negatively to lamb shank. I am not quite sure why, and I do wonder if I am allergic to it.

BUT, I read up on allergies to meat and supposedly having an allergy to lamb is very rare. So, I am not sure :unsure: .

Besides swordfish (which thanks to Mrs Duck, I know to eat sparingly now), and shark steak, I suppose I would like to try...rattlesnake, as Sirbenedictvs suggested. ^_^

Not sure of any others, though. :mellow: Perhaps...duck, maybe in a foie gras?
But yeah. :D
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#23 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:17 AM

I have always associated pidgeons with urban-sprawl and urban-like areas, and therefore unsafe to eat. :doh: Lamb, however, is great. The only thing I have to watch with eating lamb is my reaction towards it, because--physiologically--my body responds negatively to lamb shank. I am not quite sure why, and I do wonder if I am allergic to it.

I remember watching an F-Word episode where Gordon Ramsay went hunting for wood pigeons and explained the difference between the urban pigeon and these. It's supposed to be a gamier taste than chicken, much like how bison is to regular beef. That'll be definitely on my list to try.

Besides swordfish (which thanks to Mrs Duck, I know to eat sparingly now), and shark steak, I suppose I would like to try...rattlesnake, as Sirbenedictvs suggested. ^_^

Haha have fun with that. I'm sure there's a way to make it taste great. Unfortunately when I ate it, we cooked it over a campfire so there wasn't any seasoning or anything. Not necessarily bland but it's a weak taste, I'd mix it with may be a citrus type juice or something like that.

Not sure of any others, though. :mellow: Perhaps...duck, maybe in a foie gras?
But yeah. :D

Duck is a good alternative to chicken if you want to change things up a bit. I heard foie gras(sp?) is an acquired taste but I haven't tasted it myself. Can anyone add to this? I'm actually quite interested in tasting that as well.

Edited by sirbenedictvs, 18 March 2011 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#24 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:00 AM

pheasant is nice, deeper taste than chicken...

#25 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

only chicken for me. rarely other meats

Same here. xD

#26 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#27 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Mood::Tired..what else is new =P
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

I like meat, although I try to stay away from red meat as best I can but my mom likes steak so I have that on occasion. I like chicken, fish (does that count as a meat?) and I've tried duck which is good. I've also tried catfish and I think venison. Oh, and veal. I also like lamb, although I really have to be craving it. I had a delicious lamb burger yesterday from a kabob/middle eastern place and that was pretty delicious! I like meat. I don't think I could be vegetarian - I've tried. I know nutrients can be substituted, I just really like meat. I like to try to eat fresh meat if I can. Unfortunately, the meat packing industry in the US is absolutely horrendous and because the country is so big and there is a lack of local farms, it is very rare to find "fresh" meat. I noticed that while in Ireland, every menu said something like "this meat comes from a local farm..etc etc". Of course, Ireland is a very small country and the UK has many more local farms than the US. I wish there was more of a farming industry here but it is so hard to provide for the 300 million people we have here, lol. So I understand the need for the meat/food processing industry but I still think there is a more humane way to go about providing meat, especially for the animals.
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

#28 Carlyn

Carlyn

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

I like to eat beef, pork and chicken. If I were a guest and someone served up some other kind of meat, I would eat it out of politeness. I don't care for turkey, duck or lamb. I haven't been adventurous when it comes to meat eating, I'm Australian and have yet to try kangaroo even though it is readily available in supermarkets.

#29 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Anything with 2-4 legs is ok for me.....anything with fins or 8 legs from the sea too!:excited:

Shark steak is fine, btw!
Oh and if u can, try pre-digested algae from the stomach of a sea-spider (after cooking)! Not meat, but still good.

#30 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:06 AM

Anything with 2-4 legs is ok for me.....anything with fins or 8 legs from the sea too!:excited:

Shark steak is fine, btw!
Oh and if u can, try pre-digested algae from the stomach of a sea-spider (after cooking)! Not meat, but still good.

What do you think of the notion that the harder an animal is to catch, the tastier it is? I've had horse before and it was delicious, same goes with kangaroo.

Edited by sirbenedictvs, 17 April 2011 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#31 Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

Power Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

The meats that I eat are steak and chicken. My favorite is chicken so far.

knowledge is power

#32 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

I'm not sure about precisely rattlesnake but I'd really like to try snake, if cooked correctly by someone who knows what to do with it. I actually saw snake in the freezer at a supermarket a couple of years ago, I was very intrigued! Didn't think you could get that in Sweden. I also saw crocodile which I'd also like to try.

Is shark steak that good to eat? I have a feeling it is also to be avoided (moral reasons etc). They aren't hunted fairly or something... but I can't verify anything because I don't know, I just never saw shark at our local fishmonger so I assumed it shouldn't be eaten.

I like meat, although I try to stay away from red meat as best I can but my mom likes steak so I have that on occasion. I like chicken, fish (does that count as a meat?)

Fish counts as meat, it's an animal. :) But some vegetarians (including myself) eat it anyways, don't ask me why though.

#33 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

What do you think of the notion that the harder an animal is to catch, the tastier it is? I've had horse before and it was delicious, same goes with kangaroo.

I don't think that has any truth to it. Would a chinese mountain leopard taste much different than ur neighbour's cat? Probably not......:D

I've had horse once and it was ok, no kangaroo so far (not that easy to get here)....and I'd like to try snake too.

#34 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

I don't think that has any truth to it. Would a chinese mountain leopard taste much different than ur neighbour's cat? Probably not......:D

I've had horse once and it was ok, no kangaroo so far (not that easy to get here)....and I'd like to try snake too.

TBH, I've had rattlesnake and it tasted like chicken, nothing too special (but it wasn't bad at all!). The kangaroo I had was a burger patty and it tasted a little earthy and dark, pretty lean though. And about the cat, I'm sure the leopard would be far less in fat content than my neighbour's cat :lol:

Edited by sirbenedictvs, 17 April 2011 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#35 Babba O'riley

Babba O'riley

• Water
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

I've tried to give up meat...I couldn't :P

#36 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

I've tried to give up meat...I couldn't :P

^ Same here. I don't see it happening anytime soon for me :lol: .
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#37 Bagel of Death

Bagel of Death

Dedicated Member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Mood::Pensive
  • LocationHot n' Sweaty Arizona!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

I love most kinds of meat: steak, beef, chicken, pork, turkey, lobster, crab.

Except for lamb, it smells and tastes rotten. :unsure:

34dpea0.gif

The AR Family: Chris (husband) ; Arie (daughter) ; Sarah (pet penguin) ; Jade (niece) ; Jon (father)

#38 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

I eat all, but some fish and seafood.

I eat meat but only chicken. What meats do you members eat?

Why do you only chicken? dont like the taste of anything else?
Im kind of thinking of going vegie to save money

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#39 honeytinkle

honeytinkle

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Mood::In love
  • LocationSnowcold Sweden

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

I was a vegetarian for some years, like since I was 14 to 17. But I do like to eat meat, but I can't think of what the animal look like. I'm soft for animals.

But in the discussion of eating shark I would recommend people to not do it, since there's almost no sharks with status better than vulnerable on IUCN's list. Not even the little spiny dogfish who even swim in Sweden's water. I have tried porbeagle once, but it was before I knew how bad it was for the sharks. With the knowledge I have today I would never eat shark.

Posted Image

#40 jigz

jigz

Power Poster

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,608 posts
  • Mood::missing him <3
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

Chicken meat and beef are my favorites (anything that goes with chicken like head, intestine, liver, neck etc.), I have tried snake (don't know if rattle lol), frogs and farm rats too and it's not bad. :P I also have tried eating aspin dog, tastes alright for me. When I'm eating pork I love it with super thick fat xD carabeef and pigeons are very delicious.

Tried goat meat too, I'll consider it as a beer mate :drool: and accidentally ate a 'cat' siopao.

23upoif.png

siggy and avvy made by Ashley The Great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users