• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationSea world, I hang with Dax. He knows Shamu

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

Do you live there? Have you been there?

I want to hear all about it!

Posted Image

Edited by John, 14 March 2011 - 11:48 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:55 PM

New Zealand is a great place! I'd like to go there someday! Kim, do you have space for me there? ;B

#3 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

Oh it's a great country <3 I'm very happy to be born here :o It's beautiful, cleeeaann, friendly, safe most of the time. Nice place to grow up :) Tons of farm land, I want to see more of the South Island though; more things like this:

Posted Image

#4 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

I'm proud to say I've lived in Nelson (SI), New Zealand. :) I moved home exactly one year ago today... :sob: It's the most beautiful country in the world and everyone should go there at some point and see it. The people are awesome too.

So why are you interested in New Zealand? :)

#5 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

Just to be "That guy". Im from NZ and think its kinda dumb. Id rather be elsewhere. But yeah we have great landscapes and stuff, but a lot of other problems with it to. And its so cut off from the rest of the world too. But generally the people are good.

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#6 John

John

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationSea world, I hang with Dax. He knows Shamu

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

I'm proud to say I've lived in Nelson (SI), New Zealand. :) I moved home exactly one year ago today... :sob: It's the most beautiful country in the world and everyone should go there at some point and see it. The people are awesome too.

So why are you interested in New Zealand? :)

I'm interested in going there someday. Plus Kimberz was going to make this thread so I decided to steal it from her. :rolleye0012:

Posted Image

#7 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

Just to be "That guy". Im from NZ and think its kinda dumb. Id rather be elsewhere. But yeah we have great landscapes and stuff, but a lot of other problems with it to. And its so cut off from the rest of the world too. But generally the people are good.

I just can't believe your negativity :P But I know the feeling, it took me 17 years to love Sweden. Thought it was cut of from the world too and it was all useless... one day you'll come to love your home, promise ^_^

I'm interested in going there someday. Plus Kimberz was going to make this thread so I decided to steal it from her. :rolleye0012:

Haha alright. :)

What is there to discuss?

#8 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:58 AM

Rugby World Cuuup, Earthquakesss, hmm that's all I can think of for now. :P Mmmm the beautiful weather we're having right now <3

#9 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

I just can't believe your negativity :P But I know the feeling, it took me 17 years to love Sweden. Thought it was cut of from the world too and it was all useless... one day you'll come to love your home, promise ^_^

Meh, I dont know. I need to see other places. From what Ive seen of everywhere else, everywhere else seems better. I dont like being classed as a New Zealander due to our stereotype.

Oh Kim, Im not looking forward to the world cup

totes bffs with arie

Posted Image

#10 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

New Zealand is one of the places I would most like to visit, it looks such a beautiful country.

#11 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:21 AM

Meh, I dont know. I need to see other places. From what Ive seen of everywhere else, everywhere else seems better. I dont like being classed as a New Zealander due to our stereotype.

Aww sorry to hear that Joe. I used to not like it that much, but I love it now. Sure, there are better countries but we are pretty lucky with NZ. I always feel there are better towns in New Zealand buttt there's nothing we can do about it (yet) and the NI is still nice haha :P Have you ever been to the Coromandel or up north near Goat Island, Keri Keri? Those are some awesome places. Rotorua too!

I half am. Hopefully they treat Auckland well >.< And now all of Christchurch's matches will be transferred to here as well, it'll be crazy lol.

#12 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

Yup you'll definitely need to spend some time elsewhere to appreciate what you got. :) What's stereotype NZ? :blink:

Have you been to Nelson Kim? :) Or anyone been to Nelson (Joe)??? It's a great part of New Zealand, there's no excuse for not visiting the Abel Tasman National Park!!! And I met Nelson-people who've never been up there... I was horrified to say the least. It's extremely beautiful and so worth a walk. Just start in Marahau and walk up to Anchorage, stay at the Aquapackers boat, have fun with fellow walkers and continue up the coast line. :) The prettiest beach is definitely Bark Bay. Spent about half and hour there swimming around before taking the boat back to Marahau... *sigh* Those were the days.

#13 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Yup you'll definitely need to spend some time elsewhere to appreciate what you got. What's stereotype NZ?

Have you been to Nelson Kim? :) Or anyone been to Nelson (Joe)??? It's a great part of New Zealand, there's no excuse for not visiting the Abel Tasman National Park!!! And I met Nelson-people who've never been up there... I was horrified to say the least. It's extremely beautiful and so worth a walk. Just start in Marahau and walk up to Anchorage, stay at the Aquapackers boat, have fun with fellow walkers and continue up the coast line. :) The prettiest beach is definitely Bark Bay. Spent about half and hour there swimming around before taking the boat back to Marahau... *sigh* Those were the days.

^ Hannah :o !!!! You just gave me the perfect itinerary. :D lol.

I don't know the names of any of these places. So, it's interesting to learn. I do agree with New Zealand kind of being "cut-off" from the rest of the world. I talk to Kimmie a lot ( :doh: Okay, everyday pretty much, double :doh: ) And she tells me these pieces of news that I'm like, "I found that out two days ago :o ".

I don't have any type of stereotype for New Zealanders. I'm sure Aussies might hold stereotypes for NZers, but I don't. Honestly, I'm floored everytime I see pictures of NZ. I go :lostit: . Gorrrgeeeeouuussss.
I'd like to bike Christchurch to Auckland one day. That'd be super awesome. One of the tours I looked at starts in Christchurch, goes 18 days, and works its way up north west, and onto the west coast, before crossing over east to head north to Auckland. That'd be epicccc. <3.

Gaaaah. I can dream, can't I? ^_^

Plus, if I can stereotype New Zealanders, it'd have to be based off of Kimz's personality. And that's saying something, since she's amazing. :P LOOOOOL.

Edited by Lena, 04 May 2011 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#14 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

I want to go so badly!!!!!!!!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#15 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Oh, and I have this in my room :D :
Posted Image
I just have the bottle -_- , but now that I know there's a candle too, I'm gonna find it...with Arie's Googling skillz! B)

PS: I also have some of Padfoot's photography in my room. ^_^

Edited by Lena, 04 May 2011 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#16 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

^ Hannah :o !!!! You just gave me the perfect itinerary. :D lol.

I don't know the names of any of these places. So, it's interesting to learn. I do agree with New Zealand kind of being "cut-off" from the rest of the world. I talk to Kimmie a lot ( :doh: Okay, everyday pretty much, double :doh: ) And she tells me these pieces of news that I'm like, "I found that out two days ago :o ".

I don't have any type of stereotype for New Zealanders. I'm sure Aussies might hold stereotypes for NZers, but I don't. Honestly, I'm floored everytime I see pictures of NZ. I go :lostit: . Gorrrgeeeeouuussss.
I'd like to bike Christchurch to Auckland one day. That'd be super awesome. One of the tours I looked at starts in Christchurch, goes 18 days, and works its way up north west, and onto the west coast, before crossing over east to head north to Auckland. That'd be epicccc. <3.

Gaaaah. I can dream, can't I? ^_^

Plus, if I can stereotype New Zealanders, it'd have to be based off of Kimz's personality. And that's saying something, since she's amazing. :P LOOOOOL.

Haha WHEN you go there, be sure to not leave before you are sure you have seen everything you want to see. :) And the Abel Tasman is for anyone who likes, well nature.

Not sure there's any typical kiwi personality etc, I find them quite British: very kind, friendly and helpful. What I understand Aussies are pretty much the same, I think it's an island thing! ^_^ I didn't feel out of place in NZ anyways, and I'm as (typical) Swedish as can be.

#17 ..::blueangel0::..

..::blueangel0::..

Energetic member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Mood::hangover o.O
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

It is on the top list my places to visit :D It looks beautiful ;) Actually I was hoping to go and study there for a year :D

Even Angels cry,
If you don't believe my words just look up at the sky,
Do you really think it's rain?
It's nothing more than heaven's pain,
Even Angels cry . . .

Fan Irresponsible Rebel Economic

#18 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

Wheres New Zealand?

totes bffs with arie

Posted Image

#19 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

Wheres New Zealand?

Have you heard that we might be getting snow in Auckland? Second time on record I believe, if it does actually come. It's been on the radio and everything! I'm so hyped about it :excited:

#20 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

When? We better get some or Im going to be sad

totes bffs with arie