The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What was the last book you read?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was reading the simarillon by j.r.r tokien and the tales of beedle the bard.

i will now start with Harry Potter and the Philospher's stone in english this time

and a book which ive to read for school, "In seiner frühen Kindheit ein Garten" by christoph hein

dont know if there is an english translation

Edited by DarkLord
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i've read "Maybe the moon" by Armistead Maupin last week (author of Tales of the City), it's pretty good ! i prefer the Tales, but the spirit is the same, it's about a dwarf (dunno if this word is very common, i found it thanks to wordreference)who played a big role when she was young, but nobody knows it was her, and is now trying to be acknowledged as an actress. she is the narrator, the book is actually her diary. she is fun but her story is revolting...

• 1 month later...

The entire Hunger Games trilogy, Dubliners, Moll Flanders, The Picture of Dorian Grey, Over 50 poems by Walt Whitman, Poems by Thomas Hardy, Poems by Emily Dickinson, 10 submitted short stories for publication (I'm part of a publishing group), 5 modern short stories (not counting ones submitted for critique in my writing group), and finally Emerson's "circles" and "self-reliance." This was all in the last week and half. If we go back further than that, this list quadruples within a month's time.

The last book I actually finished was Away From Everywhere by Chad Pelley. It's the best character study I've ever read and Pelley is skilled enough to deviate from the basic narrative structure without looking like a pretentious tool

• 4 weeks later...

Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest; why did it have to end?!!!

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest - Steig Larrson

didnt the courtroom scene make you laugh in Dr. Teleborian's face in the best most pleasurable way? did for me :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...