#1 tabitoo

tabitoo

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSouthKackalacky

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

I know it's personal and if she choses not to respond to this is her choice but if Emma does have this problem I think it would be great if she responded to this. She is a great role model and if she can get past this condition it would just show how happy and succesful a person can be even though they have ADHD. A lot of stars that have this have come forward and shared their personal achievments despite having ADHD. There are plenty of male stars like Will Smith who have spoken out on this and Emma would be a great role model for girls who suffer from ADHD. Especially seeing that there aren't many female stars that have it.

#2 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

I know it's personal and if she choses not to respond to this is her choice but if Emma does have this problem I think it would be great if she responded to this. She is a great role model and if she can get past this condition it would just show how happy and succesful a person can be even though they have ADHD. A lot of stars that have this have come forward and shared their personal achievments despite having ADHD. There are plenty of male stars like Will Smith who have spoken out on this and Emma would be a great role model for girls who suffer from ADHD. Especially seeing that there aren't many female stars that have it.

proof? I know Dan had issues with it, but Emma?

2j4sgu8.jpg

#3 mischief.managed

mischief.managed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Mood::It's obnoxious to complain, so I can't complain!
  • LocationMt. Crumpet (or Kutztown, PA)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

I highly doubt she has ADHD, never heard of this rumor.

you don't have to feel safe
Posted Image
to feel unafraid . . .

"And above all these put on love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony." - Colossians 3:14

. . .
jade is my sister | joe is my husband | alp is my pet llama
you can call me sammy

my photography blog

#4 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

I highly doubt she has adhd since we known she has done so well in school. I am not saying ppl with adhd can't do well but it is harder. Plus she went to brown which is a top uni. It would have been pretty hard for her to study there.

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#5 tabitoo

tabitoo

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSouthKackalacky

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

If you google "Emma Watson ADHD" There are several sites that include her on a list of famous ppl who have it. Though to me it's just a rumor unless she confirms it herself. So...I was just curious. Unless she confirms it herself it will remain only a rumor. The difference it will make is that if she does have it I think it would make other girls who have it feel better knowing that it doesn't have to affect their lives in a negative way. :yesyes:

#6 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

It won't be believed until she says it.

#7 Emmafan45

Emmafan45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Who cares, many people have disorders like adhd, and it's none of our business.

I highly doubt she has adhd since we known she has done so well in school. I am not saying ppl with adhd can't do well but it is harder. Plus she went to brown which is a top uni. It would have been pretty hard for her to study there.

There's medications you can take for it.

#8 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Mood::Drunk and Happy ^.^
  • LocationSea World, I hang with Shamu

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

^ Medication is not always the best route.

This seems incredibly random, I've never heard rumors of Emma being ADHD nor does she really exhibit any hints of it. Do you have any sources to back up your claim?

I am ADHD, I was diagnosed at a young age and it's run in my family. I go to one the highest ranked and best universities in the world (I won't say which for privacy). I've always been a top tier student and I don't have any social problems. ADHD is a hindrance only if you allow it to be. If you persevere, work hard, and put in the time and effort you can succeed no matter what you suffer from. Anythings possible if you make it possible.

As for the medication comment, I used medication for awhile and found I was far happier, less depressed, and more motivated to work after getting off it. ADD/ADHD is becoming increasing over diagnosed and I think a lot more people would benefit from not taking medication. There are a lot of non-medication routes one can explore and they are quite effective.

#9 Emmafan45

Emmafan45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

http://watsonlove.tu...agged/100_facts

I think it comes from this... no idea if watsonlove is linked with Emma or not.

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/actors-directors/famous-people-with-adhd/
http://www.addfamily...ents-readme.php

Some websites have been claiming it before, too. Could be true, but like I said earlier, I don't believe it's our business. And I don't think Emma will answer this thread neither lol.

Edited by Emmafan45, 18 November 2011 - 12:03 AM.

#10 Dax

Dax

Forum Founder

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Mood::Drunk and Happy ^.^
  • LocationSea World, I hang with Shamu

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, Emma definitely won't post here haha ^.^. Ugh I feel bad, I'm so busy I can't even keep up with Emma rumors anymore T_T. Although I suppose to be fair I never really did :huh:. Oh well whether she has it or not, it's not really something that's bad. She's already a positive role model is so many ways, if it's true it just makes her more so, if not oh well. She's still quite amazing ^.^.

#11 cbmac12

cbmac12

Devoted Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

Well said Dax!!! Emma rocks and is an awesome role model in alot of ways!!! :) I teach third grade and have had a few students over the years with ADHD-some severe, others mild. Meds or other ways have helped kids. I do have to say the ones where meds were not used were kind of not the way to go for the kid-it really was the only thing to help them be calmer. But then again there have been kids who have been medicated and that was not the way to go either. So I guess it depends...imo, in general, I think we overmedicate in our country, especially our children (most teachers feel this way).
Posted Image

deeply inside credit (HP collection)

#12 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

I feel like if Emma did have ADHD she would have come out with it. She views herself as a role model and she understand it well. Its so clear from everything that Emma does. I think she would have already told us in order to be a role model to fans who struggle with ADHD. So the fact that she hasn't to me means that its just a rumor. If this was something Emma was really suffering with, it would have come out from more then just 3 sites.

thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#13 Emmafan45

Emmafan45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

I feel like if Emma did have ADHD she would have come out with it. She views herself as a role model and she understand it well. Its so clear from everything that Emma does. I think she would have already told us in order to be a role model to fans who struggle with ADHD. So the fact that she hasn't to me means that its just a rumor. If this was something Emma was really suffering with, it would have come out from more then just 3 sites.

People wouldn't list her for fun neither... maybe she doesn't want people to know it, since there are many disinformations about ADHD and it looks really negative? And some people somehow found it or revealed it. Anyway. Who cares, seriously.

#14 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:19 AM

People wouldn't list her for fun neither... maybe she doesn't want people to know it, since there are many disinformations about ADHD and it looks really negative? And some people somehow found it or revealed it. Anyway. Who cares, seriously.

How does it look negative? Its not a negative thing and no one should look at it that way. Emma is a strong person I don't think having ADHD would bring her down. Well obviously the person who made this thread cares......

thanksarie.jpg
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#15 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:22 AM

^ Medication is not always the best route.

This seems incredibly random, I've never heard rumors of Emma being ADHD nor does she really exhibit any hints of it. Do you have any sources to back up your claim?

I am ADHD, I was diagnosed at a young age and it's run in my family. I go to one the highest ranked and best universities in the world (I won't say which for privacy). I've always been a top tier student and I don't have any social problems. ADHD is a hindrance only if you allow it to be. If you persevere, work hard, and put in the time and effort you can succeed no matter what you suffer from. Anythings possible if you make it possible.

As for the medication comment, I used medication for awhile and found I was far happier, less depressed, and more motivated to work after getting off it. ADD/ADHD is becoming increasing over diagnosed and I think a lot more people would benefit from not taking medication. There are a lot of non-medication routes one can explore and they are quite effective.

I wanted to quote this because it's true. I have ADHD and I was also top of my class and I did well in school. However, does Emma have it? She's never spoken about it. I don't think she has it but it's hard to diagnose someone from a far.

For now, it's just a rumor.

And Dax is right. Meds for ADHD is .. not the best thing. There are a lot of non-med things. And yes, I'm gonna say it, weed is one of those options. A few hits (not to make you stoned) calm me down and allow me to concentrate.
Be true to yourself even when others do not understand.
Posted Image
PSN: rejecteddemo :: Steam :: Tumblr :: Deviant Art

#16 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • Mood::Rock n Roll
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

yeah its just a rumour
Take Me Down to the Paradise City Iii|; )

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

Twins: Arie <3.Children: Denisse and Tom Sister:Alex, Kim, Karen.
Niece: Amby Brother: Chandler, P.Jon is my grandad.Dina is the amazing kouhai.

#17 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

This is what i was going to say. There would be no way she would keep this quiet, she seems to be happy to prove herself about her achievements and downfalls for her fans.

Posted Image

#18 Emmafan45

Emmafan45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

http://www.harrypott...rt.php?id=39433

She apparently told that to Elle France in september.

#19 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

http://www.harrypotterbox.com/art.php?id=39433

She apparently told that to Elle France in september.

I really do think they go after her, with this. Dan was the one with mild ADHD, he spoke about that many times.
Emma no, she's too bold not to bring it up like 'Yes I had this and I'm a winner' type of thing.

2j4sgu8.jpg

#20 Emmafan45

Emmafan45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

I really do think they go after her, with this. Dan was the one with mild ADHD, he spoke about that many times.
Emma no, she's too bold not to bring it up like 'Yes I had this and I'm a winner' type of thing.

Dan does not have ADHD, he has dyspraxia. Why can't people accept the possibility that she has ADHD? I know it's hard to change our conception about someone, but you have to face it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users