26 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Pumpkinhead

Mr. Pumpkinhead

Advanced Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Mood::Happy =)
  • LocationLooking for Loooove in the Room of Requirement! ;)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

I know there is a "Who were you" thread here and I suppose the meanings/origins of past usernames could be discussed here.

Sometimes when I read the different usernames here of people I know and even those I do not know I wonder why they chose the username they did.

So how did you choose your username and what does it mean to you?

My original username on the old forum and when I first came here was casualobserver. I chose it because I wasn't quite sure how much I would participate in the forums as far as chats and thread topics. I had also been reading the forums for about 4 months or so before I decided to join so I considered myself a casual observer of the conversations.

I liked how my username had the unintended double entendre of being a casual lob server too.. as I am a bit of a tennis fan. haha

I changed my username to Peter Pumpkinhead because I was tired of having the same user name for my first year and a bit... (even though I admit to liking continuity and being quite slow to change). Peter Pumpkinhead is the title of a song by my favorite band XTC. They are a British Alternative Band from the late 1980s and better part of the 1990s.

When I e-married Nora :kiss: I though it would be cute/funny if we changed our usernames to Mr. Pumpkinhead and Mrs. Pumpkinhead, so that's how I became Mr. Pumpkinhead. :o
Posted Image

Beautiful Emma Watson St. Patrick's Day signature graphic and icon by BoMa
special thank you to BoMa for her talent and her time and to Mr. and Mrs. Watson for having such a photogenic young lady. =p

MY E-FAMILY: e-married to Mrs. Pumpkinhead <3; e-niece: Kim and Kimberley (Kim Twins); e-grandkids: BoMa, Ardi, favorite e-grandchild: Arie<3; e-greatgrandchildren: Will =O, Sarah, Lindy; EX-e-nurse: Carlyn; e-son: Andrew e-daughter: Tara e-soninlaw: Chris e-bestie: Tom jsjs (don't tell Lolly)>.<

#2 BoMa

BoMa

• Moderators
  • 4,594 posts
  • Mood::(⊙,⊙) Owly~♥
  • LocationUAE

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Well I was always BoMa and forever will be. It's the Arabic name for the owl because I'm in love with them. Also my brother told me once that I look like one. :D
The capital M is for someone special. ;)

|| Call me BoMa || Twitter || Tumblr ||
|| Graphics updated 12-May-2013 (Let go of my Heart ) *UPDATED*||

makiblacks.png
|| Young sister: Kim | Twin: Lu | Sister: Stef | Mr.Folf (Dakkusu): Dax | Anime Buddy: Jade | Owl Buddy: Sterre ||
|| Grandpa: Jon | Tomato Grandma: Noura | Corn: Sarah | Carrot: Arie | Graphics Buddy: Lindy | Farm Buddy: Joe ||

#3 Elena

Elena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

It's my name. helen2U is my youtube username; and I use that for a lot of sites when I register.

srb032.jpg

#4 Monkey Cartwheels

Monkey Cartwheels

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • Mood::If I dont like it, then it must be crap
  • LocationNorth Island, New Zealand

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

I cant remember my original name on the old forum... but the first one I had on this forum was Joe O'Connor.
Coming up with it was rather easy because it is my name, I didn't really want a random username because I'm an open dude and not afraid to use my real name on stuff.

Then for some reason I thought it was time to mix it up and I changed it to wheneverythingfalls.
When Everything Falls is a song by the band Haste The Day. I think at the time I was listening to a lot of them and it inspired me to change it...

How did I get the name Monkey Cartwheels? That is a bloody good question!
I'm pretty sure that it was when I decided to give the bookmarks on my web browser really odd names and it came into my head somehow and I changed my name to suit the tab name. Something like that..... I don't really know, I just know it doesn't have some deep philosophical meaning or nuthin'

The end

totes bffs with arie

"That's because they have no class like us farm animal lovers" - Sammy

Posted Image

The E-Family I forgot I had.
Sisters Jade Sarah Brothers Andrew Wife Sammy Farm Buddy BoMa Pet Goat Chris
I am Sterre's pet Armadillo

by the way i hate alcohol, just thought i would mention that

#5 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

My name lol

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#6 Tom™

Tom™

Power Poster

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Got bored with usernames that got boring after a while so just used my name, cant remember why i added the TM

bfs2eq.jpg

#7 Nephilim

Nephilim

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Mood::hiiii!!!
  • LocationCity of Glass

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

my current one, is to do with Alice Cullen cause of her personality hehe and she is my fave character.

lovely.png

Icon:Jade:::Sig:Jade:::Sisters:Boma,Lindy::: Jade is my Parabatai
Disney Sister (Belle) - Ellen

#8 130671

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Mood:::/
  • LocationBetween a rock and a hard place ?

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

I thought it was a good idea to have something that announces to everyone what I am ?...at least to some extent, if they are willing to to use those little brain cells ?
So I decided to use my bday date...didn't work as well as I had thought, but still...using anything else now would feel like deception to me. This is a site with so much potential for age-related problems that I feel the few "older guys" should always take care not to get confused with the vast majority here. And since there's not so many other "numbers" around, I feel mine are quite well known now. So yeah, no need to explain to everyone some new name.

Edited by 130671, 07 March 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#9 Sacred_Path

Sacred_Path

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Mood::excited by tangents ô.Ô
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

it's from a song.

"Ok, well, the 'hot bod' is not a characteristic."

#10 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

When I was a kid we(my brother and I) had a game called Wing Commander: Prophecy (great game starring Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker, The Joker) and Tom F Wilson(Biff from Back to the Future). There was this character who had this great taunt during dogfights: "I think we haven't been properly introduced yet, I'm Maestro, you're dead,". So, that's where I got my nickname from.

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#11 hobbitses

hobbitses

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Pretty easy, my current obsession is The Hobbit/LotR/Tolkien, and hobbitses is how Gollum pronounced hobbits.

tumblr_mwkq8uS91t1rkbi4ao6_r1_250.gif
Boma's gift. Jade's gift. Ellen's gift. Lindy's gift.
sisters: Ellen & Arie
jersey shore buddy: Sarah

#12 relevancy

relevancy

Power Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,249 posts
  • Mood::wanderlust
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's usually based on the things that I currently have obsessions with or words that have a special type of meaning.

"It's better to say too much,  then never to say what you need to say again. " - John Mayer

351eofb.jpg

siggy and avi made by me || visit my showcase for more! || current status: inactive

#13 Adebisi

Adebisi

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Simon Adebisi from the TV show OZ

Y9m353j.jpg

#14 Lady Deadpool

Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

My current username is Nekyia, which is the title of the 11th chapter of the Odyssey. In ancient Greek it means, according to wikipedia "rite by which ghosts were called up and questioned about the future" something like necromancy. But it's not that exactly, nekyia does not mean that you just summon a spirit, you have to (ancient heroes in literature had to) descend to Hades themselves to ask the dead. So yeah a quite macabre username :P but I love that chapter.

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#15 Comrade Chris

Comrade Chris

Advanced Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationProbably in the woods

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

The first three NATO phonetic alphabet letters that popped into my mind :P 

Delta

Foxtrot

Lima

#16 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Mood::meh
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Well my first username was "W.V.B." and I later changed it to "W.V.B". They are my initials. 

My current username "I Am Not Purple" was given to me by our beloved administrator Maestro. He changed my name one night while we had a group chat.

My current username is Nekyia, which is the title of the 11th chapter of the Odyssey. In ancient Greek it means, according to wikipedia "rite by which ghosts were called up and questioned about the future" something like necromancy. But it's not that exactly, nekyia does not mean that you just summon a spirit, you have to (ancient heroes in literature had to) descend to Hades themselves to ask the dead. So yeah a quite macabre username :P but I love that chapter.

Yin-Yang_klein.gif I'm Yang, Dina is Yin

Aunt: Arie

#17 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well my first username was "W.V.B." and I later changed it to "W.V.B". They are my initials. 

My current username "I Am Not Purple" was given to me by our beloved administrator Maestro. He changed my name one night while we had a group chat.

Ah, the fun times we had :P 

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#18 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Ah, the fun times we had :P

hahah, for sure. XD

#19 Lady Deadpool

Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

So let me get this straight your first username was "W.V.B." and then you later changed it to "W.V.B"?? Really? :P

I take it that's your new response for everything :P

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#20 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

So let me get this straight your first username was "W.V.B." and then you later changed it to "W.V.B"?? Really? :P

I take it that's your new response for everything :P

hahahahahah, exactly. :P The dot was irritating me. xD And I still would've used this name if MAESTRO didn't change it.

Yes, you guessed correctly. :D :P

Edited by I am Not Purple, 23 March 2013 - 01:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users