The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Through The Years...

These graphics/images make me rather emotional when I see them. Seeing how far they've come.

No idea where this one is from,

Just to see how far they've come,

How sweet,

To see the good times,

Sweet,

Memories of all the fun,

Don't know why this one makes me emotional, probably because it's the beginning of the end,

How Emma's grown,

Something weird,

7 players in a Quidditch team (Harry is number 7)

Gryffindor common room is on the 7th floor

The Weasley’s have 7 children

Harry’s wand cost 7 galleons

FINEALLY,

Throughout the years,

Yeah it's definitely crazy. I'm the same age as Rupert and I always think "dang HOW did these kids grow up... wait how did I grow up?" I always forget they're around my age and I think it's crazy how small they used to be and then I remember I was that small too when it all started... it's all just weird to me. I don't feel like I've grown but they're proof that we all have...

Yeah it's definitely crazy. I'm the same age as Rupert and I always think "dang HOW did these kids grow up... wait how did I grow up?" I always forget they're around my age and I think it's crazy how small they used to be and then I remember I was that small too when it all started... it's all just weird to me. I don't feel like I've grown but they're proof that we all have...

Same here to be honest. It's like a punch in the heart for me. ):

It's great to look back at some of these pictures. It seems like only yesterday. I know that a lot of you guys are a similar age to Emma, Dan and Rupert and have grown up with them but I have a different perspective as I was 18 when it all started. It has absolutely flown by for me.... it's been brilliant and I don't want it to end.

It's great to look back at some of these pictures. It seems like only yesterday. I know that a lot of you guys are a similar age to Emma, Dan and Rupert and have grown up with them but I have a different perspective as I was 18 when it all started. It has absolutely flown by for me.... it's been brilliant and I don't want it to end.

I feel the same way dazza. I just don't want it to end. I understand that the trio is ready to move on. I guess I'm just not. Of course they've had a little longer to deal with it than us fans since they finished filming back in the summer. I saw the article in People Magazine about Emma it says something to the affect of "the 20 year old actress says goodbye to Hermione." I don't want her to say goodbye to Hermione although I know it's time.

I feel the same way dazza. I just don't want it to end. I understand that the trio is ready to move on. I guess I'm just not. Of course they've had a little longer to deal with it than us fans since they finished filming back in the summer. I saw the article in People Magazine about Emma it says something to the affect of "the 20 year old actress says goodbye to Hermione." I don't want her to say goodbye to Hermione although I know it's time.

The Dude (I love your handle/name, btw!)-- I agree. It still has not sunken in that this is it. It's very weird seeing the film franchise come to an end. When the 7th novel came out, I read it and felt satisifed and was excited to see it in movie form. It didn't hit me then. But now. I'm flabbergasted.

And I've grown up right with them. I'm around Emma's age, and I remember when it ALL started. Seeing them grow up only reminded me that I've aged TEN YEARS. It's the weirdest thing. :o

The Dude (I love your handle/name, btw!)-- I agree. It still has not sunken in that this is it. It's very weird seeing the film franchise come to an end. When the 7th novel came out, I read it and felt satisifed and was excited to see it in movie form. It didn't hit me then. But now. I'm flabbergasted.

And I've grown up right with them. I'm around Emma's age, and I remember when it ALL started. Seeing them grow up only reminded me that I've aged TEN YEARS. It's the weirdest thing. :o

At least we've all got each other to lean on as this thing comes to an end. Because although it's sad for the trio, I think they've already moved on, at least mentally.

Emma and her boys.

I was 14 when I saw Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, and I'll be 24 when I see Deathly Hallows Part 2 next year, and I have been reading the books before that. The end didn't really hit me when Deathly Hallows the book came out, since we still had the movies left, and it still hasn't hit me, but I imagine it will finally sink in once see DH2.

Just to see how far they've come,

To see the good times,

awww I love these!! :wub:

My feelings exactly!!!

At least we've all got each other to lean on as this thing comes to an end. Because although it's sad for the trio, I think they've already moved on, at least mentally.

I guess that was kind of hard for them, as they have grown up knowing nothing else for the past decade.

I am looking forward to seeing Emma in other roles and following her career post Potter, and while we still have Part 2 yet to come I will always miss these Harry Potter days.

I will really miss the Harry Potter days too. I was re-watching the past movies lately. I kept reminiscing during certain scenes, thinking of footage or photos that had been released, or leaked from the set. Remembering all the excitement on fan sites every time something new came out about the next movie.

I am looking forward to see what else Emma will do, but I don't think anything will ever match the HP experience.

^ Omg Yes, we all grew up with HP, and now so sad to realise that HP is over and all these grown up "kids" in the theater :o I watched the 1-st HP part when I was 7 and now 17 :o and now there's already the 7-th part! 10 years passed :o

And awesome pics Jade, memories!

I was a child when i went to watch this. Now i'm an adult. It's shocking. We have actually grew up with harry potter. I mean some people have been a kid when watching it now they're taking their own kids.

^Thats the craziest to me. I've had people tell me I'm too old for Harry Potter, I laughed and said "I grew up with this, that first book came out when I was ten, I've been with it since the beginning." Most people who aren't fans don't even realize that it's actually been that long, since this all started (longer in England even)... 12 years. That's just... wow to me. I always think that my kids are going to grow up on Harry Potter, I'm going to read them the books before they can read themselves and they'll watch the movies, I can't wait to see Harry Potter through the eyes of a whole new generation. A generation without the excitement of new books and movies.

I can't wait to see Harry Potter through the eyes of a whole new generation. A generation without the excitement of new books and movies.

I suppose that will be a bit bittersweet to you. You'll have the memories of what it was like at the peak of all the Harry Potter hysteria. Waiting in line (or on line if you're from New Yawk) for the latest book and/or movie. Wondering what will happen next and having to wait until the next one came out.

You'll be reminiscing about all that and you're children, although they'll enjoy, won't understand what is was like for you.

You'll be reminiscing about all that and you're children, although they'll enjoy, won't understand what is was like for you.

I think the New Generation will understand what it was like for us, when another series comes out (and maybe even adapted to film form) but who knows how long that will take and even if this future series is even as big of a hit.

I don't know about you, but I will be crying when Part Two comes around. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I stumbled onto a article that I really enjoyed. I wouldn't be surprised is many of you have seen it or something similar to it. It shows the stars of Harry Potter growing through the years with pictures from each movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/1912/harry-potter-actors-through-the-years

Emma and her boys.

Yeah I'm surprised how fast it seems they've moved on. I hope they'll all be friends forever, the whole cast, it would be awesome seeing them as really good friends when they're in their 30's or something!