#21 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

Nah LG has been reviewed as the worst brand. I had 4 myself all have restarted crashed, broke on their own etc.

Samsung however has never failed on me. And Nokia is just a cheap make for people who don't have much money. I want the new Microsoft phone though. It's better than the iphone >.<

Walkmans are okay, good value for money, wouldn't get one myself though.

#22 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

And Nokia is just a cheap make for people who don't have much money

Hey! That's offensive! You're generalizing and labeling! xD hahaha

#23 ~Imagination~

~Imagination~

Energetic member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Mood::o.o
  • LocationThe largest country on the map

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

Nah LG has been reviewed as the worst brand.

And that's offensive :P Jk.
But as I know the worst is Alcatel, then goes Phillips, then Siemens, Motorola, Fly (had one, not great, broke it :P) and then LG and the best is ofc Sony Erriscon and then goes Nokia and Samsung.

"You start to live the dream and before you know, there's a door that is opened and the moment you walk in, it's closed."

Posted Image

Banner: Jade

Call me Yulia

#24 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hey! That's offensive! You're generalizing and labeling! xD hahaha

o dear >.< i'm sorry, I didn't realise you had one. >.< But it's my general view of phones.

^Omg Motorola's are just a joke. My boyfriend got the new one and said "Waterproof? Un scratchable?... we'll see." He brought one dropped it out his window Scratched like a *bleep* then he took it in the bath with him... failedddd! ahaha.

#25 ~Imagination~

~Imagination~

Energetic member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Mood::o.o
  • LocationThe largest country on the map

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

^ Aww haha :P
My LG has gone through a lot of things, I dropped it millions of time, it was in the water, snow, it didn't turn on for days o.o but still works and works well, restarts itself sometimes. But I still love it :P and Fly which I had.. it started failing in a month after I bought it. I sent it twice to the work shop.

"You start to live the dream and before you know, there's a door that is opened and the moment you walk in, it's closed."

Posted Image

Banner: Jade

Call me Yulia

#26 BoMa

BoMa

• Moderators
  • 4,594 posts
  • Mood::(⊙,⊙) Owly~♥
  • LocationUAE

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

sony ericsson experia x10

Posted Image

|| Call me BoMa || Twitter || Tumblr ||
|| Graphics updated 12-May-2013 (Let go of my Heart ) *UPDATED*||

makiblacks.png
|| Young sister: Kim | Twin: Lu | Sister: Stef | Mr.Folf (Dakkusu): Dax | Anime Buddy: Jade | Owl Buddy: Sterre ||
|| Grandpa: Jon | Tomato Grandma: Noura | Corn: Sarah | Carrot: Arie | Graphics Buddy: Lindy | Farm Buddy: Joe ||

#27 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

o dear >.< i'm sorry, I didn't realise you had one. >.< But it's my general view of phones.

No problem, i unterstand haha ;P It's just that I prefer simple cellphones than the other ones like blackberries and iphone's

#28 Tom™

Tom™

Power Poster

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

Can I just say, iPhones are overrated

I am now going to be attacked by people who have iPhones >.<

bfs2eq.jpg

#29 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

No you can not!!! Hahahaah jkjk Tom... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I live on my Iphone!!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#30 yorkshire

yorkshire

Energetic member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

I don't think iPhones are overrated. Yes they're expensive, but all smartphones are. They are a pleasure to use, have very responsive touch screens, an enormous selection of great apps, brilliant UI, and of course great Apple design. They were also the phone to basically start this craze of touchscreen phones. Yes, there were touchscreens before, but nothing quite like the iPhone.

My main criticisms are the rubbish battery (which is the case on all smartphones), and how locked down they are. I don't mind channelling everything through iTunes, in fact I actually prefer it to drag and drop as it keeps your media nicely organised. I also don't like how all the apps have DRM, however this is the case for all phones. I don't want to invest hundreds of pounds on the app store, only to get an android phone in 2 years time and have none of my current apps work. Thats why I tend to go for free ones.

Flash doesn't mean anything to me, I have yet to see it work reliably and fluidly on any other phone, and having it would only deplete my battery even further.

#31 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

haha as long as you didnt start the blackberry vs the iphone debate we shall be fine lol

I don't think iPhones are overrated. Yes they're expensive, but all smartphones are. They are a pleasure to use, have very responsive touch screens, an enormous selection of great apps, brilliant UI, and of course great Apple design. They were also the phone to basically start this craze of touchscreen phones. Yes, there were touchscreens before, but nothing quite like the iPhone.

My main criticisms are the rubbish battery (which is the case on all smartphones), and how locked down they are. I don't mind channelling everything through iTunes, in fact I actually prefer it to drag and drop as it keeps your media nicely organised. I also don't like how all the apps have DRM, however this is the case for all phones. I don't want to invest hundreds of pounds on the app store, only to get an android phone in 2 years time and have none of my current apps work. Thats why I tend to go for free ones.

Flash doesn't mean anything to me, I have yet to see it work reliably and fluidly on any other phone, and having it would only deplete my battery even further.

i agree with everything you just said, i personally couldnt go back to a normal phone now having a iphone. i had a samsung tocco which was all touch screen but the fact that i got so bored with that phone within the month of getting it compared to the iphone 4, i have had it 3 months now and i love it and definitly find something new and awesome for it.

The batteries suck so badly lol but im used to their batteries sucking due to having ipods lol

Posted Image

#32 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

Just to clarify my earlier post... I wasn't knocking the iPhone... I have a few friends with them and I think they are a pretty decent phone that looks great and the things that you can do with them is very impressive, but like my previous experience with the iPod, it's just not for me.

And Nokia is just a cheap make for people who don't have much money.

I have to disagree with your statement, I always get Nokia and it's most certainly not because it's "a cheap make for people who don't have much money", and in fact Nokia have some of the most expensive phones on the market, but they also do a lot for the lower end of the market too (aimed at the likes of my Dad :P) which I assume is what you are reffering to.

#33 UnNamed

UnNamed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Mood::Unknown.
  • LocationAround Here.

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Sony Ericson P1i

Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm Sammy's Pet llama Posted Image
Lindy is my Sister
Jade and Zainab(Zinc Oxide) are my Cousins

#34 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

dude, it's not American, T-Mobile is a German provider owned by the Deutsche Telekom (German Telecom). :P It just expanded everywhere. Bloody expensive.

Well, you learn something new everyday! Lol. Thanks. :)
I don't find it too expensive, although my friends may agree with you. I like the service. -shrug-
I guess it all depends on our personal preferences. ;)
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#35 diabolus

diabolus

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Mood::moody
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Samsung however has never failed on me.

I have a Samsung S8000 and you are right. I even slept on it but the touchscreen is still ok

Posted Image

I'm very pleased and it wasn't too expensive because I got it through my contract extension

Posted Image

#36 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Just to clarify my earlier post... I wasn't knocking the iPhone... I have a few friends with them and I think they are a pretty decent phone that looks great and the things that you can do with them is very impressive, but like my previous experience with the iPod, it's just not for me.

I have to disagree with your statement, I always get Nokia and it's most certainly not because it's "a cheap make for people who don't have much money", and in fact Nokia have some of the most expensive phones on the market, but they also do a lot for the lower end of the market too (aimed at the likes of my Dad :P) which I assume is what you are reffering to.

Most expensive i seen is maybe just over £300. That's it. >.< That's fairly cheap compared to other brands. (:

I wasn't making a dig, but, I do see how it come out. >.<

#37 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

Most expensive i seen is maybe just over £300. That's it. >.< That's fairly cheap compared to other brands. (:

I wasn't making a dig, but, I do see how it come out. >.<

I know you weren't :P

The Nokia N8, N97 and N900 are probably the most expensive at RRP £420+. On the Carphone Warehouse (as example) only the iPhone 3GS and HTC Touch HD are more expensive although I am sure there are others too, but I do believe that Nokia are definitely up there. But when you look at the other end of the scale, £50 or less they are nearly all Nokia, so from that perspective then yes, Nokia is cheap and very affordable for people with a lower budget.

The C7 which is what I want is £359, although personally cost is never really something I consider when I buy a phone... not that I need to anyway because I always buy on contract.

#38 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

just wanted to throw my bit into the nokia situation.

Nokia are a huge business, they also have a huge criteria to fit and those criterias are most probably.
Customers who buy smartphones
who buy business phones
who cant afford a expensive phone
etc...

So therefore Nokia will and have to accomodate to the buyers who want the expensive smart phones, and they also have the cheaper versions of their phones for people who cant afford or simply dont want a complicated phone. Overall, Nokia sell some very expensive phones but also cheap phones.

nothing however beats the iphone :D haha

Posted Image

#39 sarahelizabeth

sarahelizabeth

Extreme Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • 25,809 posts
  • LocationTree Hill

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

just wanted to throw my bit into the nokia situation.

Nokia are a huge business, they also have a huge criteria to fit and those criterias are most probably.
Customers who buy smartphones
who buy business phones
who cant afford a expensive phone
etc...

So therefore Nokia will and have to accomodate to the buyers who want the expensive smart phones, and they also have the cheaper versions of their phones for people who cant afford or simply dont want a complicated phone. Overall, Nokia sell some very expensive phones but also cheap phones.

nothing however beats the iphone :D haha

I heard the Iphones amazing besides how it runs out of battery so fast

wanna keep in touch add me on facebook < sarahs facebook <3

I am a pet Penguin My owner is tara Posted Image

Js buddy:Cat. Aunt:Dina Cycling Buddy: Kimmers Mom: Arie
Brothers:Chandler lil chris ardi joe loverboy Andrew
sisters:Lindy stef amber ellen Kimmie! Grandpa big chris
Great grandpa Jon Great Grandma Noura Neice Karen

#40 Harleen Quinzel

Harleen Quinzel

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

Sony Ericsson W395
Posted Image

It was good when I first had it. Now it's crap, I need a new one.

tumblr_o5jsc6juyA1ub4z3qo3_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users