The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Thank you for the welcome.

I think I'm going to need emergency treatment when I see that kiss happening on the big screen. I hope I can control myself.

Hahaha! I think there should be Paramedics in every cinema. R/Hr's onscreen kiss has to be one of the most anticipated in history.

@cbmac, I know your Birthday is next week and I hope to congratulate you on the day but, if not possible, I wish you a very very Happy Birthday!!! I hope one day we get to meet in person, my friend. :)

And to everyone: Have a very Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it) or a wonderful holiday (if you don't). :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWWWW hey yall :) Thank you SO much for my bday wishes!!! :) I got a very nice present from my lil students-they are so cute! Yeah my bday is this coming Tuesday!-maybe will have snow!!!! :) Thanks vida!! :) Same here my friend! Also Laura-hugs!!! New chap for the FF!!! WOHOO!! Best gift ever!!! :)

Jon that cake is PRICELESS!!!!!! LOOKS DELICIOUS!!! Thank you :) Yes we all can share!!

As for the KISS---R/HR KISS WILL PAWN EVERY SINGLE KISS IN CINEMA HISTORY... agree w. jmc- that H/Hr kiss was a JOKE- it was NOT HARRY AND HERMIONE FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME-unreal H/Hr shippers-yall are sad (hey I can say this since my bday is coming up ;))...but really move on Ron/Hermione are together forever-accept it- we have hehe ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR R/HR SHIPPERS AND BUDDIES!! :)

I still think that this kiss will not surpass the h/ hr one, if u look at what they did with h/g i'm not expecting much

1. There was no such thing as a H/Hr kiss. Harry and Hermione never kissed, neither in the books nor in the movies. Period.

2. The Fake Horcrux-locket kiss was in no way romantic or hot or passionate. Two ghostly figures eating faces? That's certainly not romantic or passionate in my book. The Fake Horcrux-locket kiss, showing two ghostly figures, which were supposed to look like Harry and Hermione served its purpose of being horrible and disgusting. Evoking a reaction from Harry "It's lying!!" and Ron barges forward to destroy the locket.

3. The R/Hr kiss will be the one between two characters who deeply love each other and have found each other to spend the rest of their lives together. It will be an expression of these deep and true feelings that have been building for years. It will be sweet and tender and swoon-worthy. And to me it will be the most precious kiss I've ever seen onscreen.

cbmac, did I miss your b-day? I feel bad. There was so much going on at work, I hardly had the time to properly follow anything going on in this forum. So here is my very best wishes for your Birthday. Have a great new year of your life. I know it will be, you'll get to see the R/Hr kiss. ;)

And Happy Holidays to everyone. We're having the first White Christmas here in Germany for like 15 years or so.

i must add in coz i couldnt edit my post again

the pics are taken from HERE the best r/hr tumblr ive come across :D

i love the picss there so christmassy with our wonderfulllll r/hr

HAPPY CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Aww hey galadriel! Nope didnt miss my bday :) I am 3 days after Christmas! We too are possibly gonna get a White Christmas-waiting to see what direction the storm will take...also everything ya said about the kiss galadriel-couldnt have said it better myself!!! R/Hr kiss will be full of love and passion and tenderness and well hotness ;) Laura, those pics from tumblr-my shipper heart just freakin soars every time I see them together in pics-can they be even hotter?

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW R/HR SHIPPERS!!!!!!!! HERE IS TO SANTA GIVING US OUR WISH THIS YEAR-ENDLESS PROMOS OF R/HR ;)

to 'Laura' :ohyeah:

Awwwwww!!! :wub: Thanks for those pics!!

Galadriel: very well said!!! The R/HR kiss will be the most wonderful kiss ever!! :ohyeah:

aww. R/hr moments are always good moments.

Edited by trixie

Roni it is beautiful!!! :) Can ya make one for 2010? ;) With all the DH goodness and love we got :)

Off to my family's festivities!! Have a great day my fellow shippers!!!

aw thanks dear! and sure lol

anything for my fellow shippers :D

Have a great holiday everyone! I personally don't celebrate xmas but I do hope you're having a good time :)

Have a great holiday everyone! I personally don't celebrate xmas but I do hope you're having a good time :)

Thanks!!! It's wonderful!!!! :)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Roni thank you!!! Yes had a wonderful time w. family! Put on 20 pounds in 2 days! LOL...anyway that banner of R/Hr-the lake scene-will be on deleted scenes for DVD!!!! That pic of R/Hr w/ her arms around him-that was really R/E BTS ;) NICE touch!! LOL

Roni, those banners are great. :king:

Yes had a wonderful time w. family! Put on 20 pounds in 2 days!

Make that 30 pounds for me and we haven't even seen the end yet. LoL. Here in Germany, we celebrate the 26th of December as the second Christmas day, an official holiday, too (I think it's Boxing Day in the UK?)

So, we'll have a big meal for lunch. Yumm.

LOL...anyway that banner of R/Hr-the lake scene-will be on deleted scenes for DVD!!!! That pic of R/Hr w/ her arms around him-that was really R/E BTS ;) NICE touch!! LOL
I kind of understand why they decided to not include the stone-throwing scene in the movie. It would have contradicted Ron's growing suspicions and jealousy about H/Hr in some way. Why worry about them if he'd just had this tender and flirty scene with Hermione? Hence they cut it. I now hope we're really going to see it on the DVD. Yates said it will be a deleted scene in an interview, but who knows? They might change their minds to make place and include another H/Hr scene. :rolleyes:

Yes, Sabine, it's Boxing Day in the UK. Traditionally a time reserved for gift exchange etc whilst Christmas Day was meant to be kept for church and religious focus. In this day and age, however, Santa seems to have stolen Jesus' thunder a little :P

I agree about the stone-throwing scene. For some reason it just doesn't seem very R/Hr to me, but I'll reserve that judgement for when I see it and I'm glad it's on the DVD :)

In case I don't get a chance later, Kristen, I'll wish you a happy birthday now. Hope you have a great day!

And to all fellow shippers, I hope you're enjoying the festive season! :D

Roni, those banners are great. :king:

Make that 30 pounds for me and we haven't even seen the end yet. LoL. Here in Germany, we celebrate the 26th of December as the second Christmas day, an official holiday, too (I think it's Boxing Day in the UK?)

So, we'll have a big meal for lunch. Yumm.

I kind of understand why they decided to not include the stone-throwing scene in the movie. It would have contradicted Ron's growing suspicions and jealousy about H/Hr in some way. Why worry about them if he'd just had this tender and flirty scene with Hermione? Hence they cut it. I now hope we're really going to see it on the DVD. Yates said it will be a deleted scene in an interview, but who knows? They might change their minds to make place and include another H/Hr scene. :rolleyes:

Galadriel, I am telling Santa to put ya on his naughty list next year for the comment about the R/Hr scene being replaced w. H/Hr scene!!! ;) THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!!! ;)

DW!!! Thank you for my bday wishes!! :) Agree that Santa does seem to take the spotlight these days-that is really interesting btw about Boxing Day! I think that is very cool how yall have that day! Very cool :)

Yes everyone hope yall had a great holiday and have a Happy New Year :)

Thanks Roni for the wonderful R/Hr banners!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I also ate a lot... much more than I should have.

And the worst part is that binge eating doesn't stop until after New Year for Latin Americans... it's especially problematic this year, as I don't feel like blowing up yet! I wanna see the R/Hr onscreen kiss first!!! LOL

I kind of understand why they decided to not include the stone-throwing scene in the movie. It would have contradicted Ron's growing suspicions and jealousy about H/Hr in some way. Why worry about them if he'd just had this tender and flirty scene with Hermione? Hence they cut it. I now hope we're really going to see it on the DVD. Yates said it will be a deleted scene in an interview, but who knows? might change their minds to make place and include another H/Hr scene. :rolleyes:

I heard you. I also fear they might neglect a R/Hr (canon) scene in favor of a H/Hr one.

I hope they don't though. That would make those 'grown-ups' who make the movies look ridiculous and childish. Let H/Hr go, once and for all and embrace R/Hr, the ship that lived.

Make the movie romance as worthy as the book one. I don't think I'm asking much.

Galadriel, I am telling Santa to put ya on his naughty list next year for the comment about the R/Hr scene being replaced w. H/Hr scene!!! ;) THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!!! ;)

Yes, I'm a bad bad girl *hangs head in shame* LOL. No, really. I am looking forward to see the stone throwing scene so much that I'm afraid it will end in a huge disappointment and not be included on the DVD at all. I recall there was a report on a R/Hr scene they apparently shot for OotP. It was in the MoM and it actually showed Ron saving Hermione from a DE. She was cast into the air by a DE's spell or something and then Ron caught her in his arms. *swoon*. We were obsessing over this scene in the old forum back then, but in the end it got cut from the movie and never made any DVD edition. I guess the whole material just ended on the cutting room floor. :( That would have been such an adorable scene. It's just unfair how many R/Hr scenes got cut or didn't even make the script in the first place. Scenes I was looking forward to see onscreen from the time I first read them onpage. I.e. Hermione kissing Ron good-luck before his first Quidditch match. Ron comforting Hermione on DD's funeral. That scene aside, it's still a shame we never got a proper funeral for DD in the HBP movie.

Fortunately, we got a couple of scenes that were added, especially in PoA. The hand-grab during Hagrid's lesson. The cute conversation outside of the Shrieking Shack. Hermione tending to Ron's injured knee. All the flirting in OotP. That was swoon-worthy too. :D

With a couple of minor grapes, R/Hr was spot on in DH1. Many, many things right from the book were included and some additional things like the wonderful Piano scene or Ron caressing Hermione's cheek in the Café after the DE attack. The thought of that touch alone still makes my knees go weak. I am such a sap. :blush:

Edited by galadriel12