The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEHEHE... well no we are ALL die hard R/Hr shippers... after the day I have had today, more like the week or month even LOL- I am watching R/Hr I mean DH again in an hour ;)

Again? Wow! I can't imagine how many times you will see DH part 2!!! :D

@ Jon: haha unfortunately my teachers don't mark it! It was the national qualification exams so it all gets sent up to Wellington (NZ Capital city) and is marked by the set markers haha - I just hope they've seen the films!

I can't wait to see the film again! My mum really desperately wants to see it - she is good like that, even though she's never touched the books haha - my hugee HP fan-ness rubbed off on her :P

But honestly, I was annoyed that Harry didn't mention that he didnt think of Hermione like that after Ron had killed the horcrux. It was such a huge part of it that I think Ron really did need to hear.

:puh: like I said yall are jealous ;) and well I am crazy ;) Btw didnt get to see it last night-fell asleep-grr darn job!! So I will go tonite instead- and I just found out my co-workers want to see it again too so we will probably see it next week as a group! So yeah DH will be making money off some crazy girl her here in Maryland ;)

@ Jon: haha unfortunately my teachers don't mark it! It was the national qualification exams so it all gets sent up to Wellington (NZ Capital city) and is marked by the set markers haha - I just hope they've seen the films!

I can't wait to see the film again! My mum really desperately wants to see it - she is good like that, even though she's never touched the books haha - my hugee HP fan-ness rubbed off on her :P

But honestly, I was annoyed that Harry didn't mention that he didnt think of Hermione like that after Ron had killed the horcrux. It was such a huge part of it that I think Ron really did need to hear.

A belated good luck for your exams, Alex, I'm sure the R/Hr mention will hlp you ace them! ;)

I agree about the Harry/Ron thing. To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the filmmakers probably made the decision to leave out the 'she's like my sister' line because it would completely contradict the dance scene that THEY ADDED IN, and in doing so not only screwed up the H/Hr friendship, but the H/R one as well by depriving them of a much-needed heart-to-heart. Good one, WB.

Kristen, you do make me smile. I'm sure you could break a world record for the number of DH viewings! :P

Alex, I completely forgot to tell ya- WAY to go writing about our favorite ship for your paper!!! ;)

LOL DW-I will try ;) hehe I just honestly love the movie, and being a R/Hr shipper, this movie makes my heart have warm fuzzies all over :) Plus this will be the second to last movie in theaters and I want to get my fill :)

As for "she's like my sister"-I still say they could have added that in, dance or no dance.

Well nutty here saw it again last night hehe- I have to say again R/E really brought it/well owned Ron's leaving scene-when he asks her to choose-omg the look in his eyes and then the way she looks back b/w Ron and Harry...and the "I saw you two together" and "Ron, that was nothing" Then "I get it" :( When Hermione realizes he is leaving, and you see her chase him, begging "please come back" and then saying his name and then screaming his name in desperation when she sees him disapparate. The best though has to be when Ron comes back-she is so PI#$^% with him-pushes him, throws the leaves, smacks him w. his sack (the look on his face awww) and then looking for her wand LOL!!! Then the speech...sigh-the look on Hermione's face at the end said it all-I am angry but I love you and Ron's face so sweet!!!

Again Malfoy Manor-I was really watching the torture scene- have to say that was not just meant to hurt Hermione, it was just EVIL and done w/ pleasure :( Bellatrix yelling in her face and waiting for her to answer and then she wasnt happy w. her answer and shakes her head as if to say I tried, and then bam the pain. I never realized before (yes even after 6 of my viewings LOL) that Bellatrix was holding Hermione's head down into the floor. :( Ron's barrelling into save her-best Ron moment EVER. He didnt even think-he just wanted to get to his love. Hermione's face when she sees him oh my gosh--again ANYONE who doesnt see it is RON/HERMIONE, are morons.

BRING ON PART 2 FOR THESE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

-again ANYONE who doesnt see it is RON/HERMIONE, are morons.

BRING ON PART 2 FOR THESE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I tend to agree. LoL. I found this article/blog or whatever online. Don't get too riled up when you read it or some of the comments. I just had to comment too. Mine is # 71. 

clicky

Sabine, your comment on that article was all win. Well said, girl.

Yeah, that article annoyed me, but it's nothing new. I appreciate that opinions differ, and that's fine.It would just be nice if certain people formed their opinions based on an open-minded and balanced analysis of the text rather than following the same old shipping arguments with little evidence to back them up.

I read your comments and LOVED them...I added my 2 cents as well...ya know what is the only thing that matters? WE R/Hr shippers WON with our couple, H/G shippers won with their couple, and Emma got what she always wanted-her character to end up with Ron ;) So those morons can blog all they want-bottom line: RON AND HERMIONE WEASLEY ;) Emma: "She's happily married to Ron, with 2 beautiful children, Rosie and Hugo" ;)

Rupert "we're married now w. 2 kids" ;)

OH DW, I added my own comments about why Harry/Hermione would never work-besides the obvious-I felt that Ron ALWAYS respected Hermione's opinions, even though he could be stubborn (just as much as she can be LOL) but I also felt like Harry thought Hermione was not his equal where Ron did. Besides the fact of their sexual tension (HEEHEE LOVE THEM), Harry and Hermione showed NOTHING with each other.

Read this awesome FF yall- Laura we are missing your next chap!!! :) Please update ASAP!! :)

Anyway this was a take on CoS-REALLY well done... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6547301/1/If_Tomorrow_Never_Comes

Edited by cbmac12

I read your comments and LOVED them...I added my 2 cents as well...ya know what is the only thing that matters? WE R/Hr shippers WON with our couple, H/G shippers won with their couple, and Emma got what she always wanted-her character to end up with Ron ;) So those morons can blog all they want-bottom line: RON AND HERMIONE WEASLEY ;) Emma: "She's happily married to Ron, with 2 beautiful children, Rosie and Hugo" ;)

Rupert "we're married now w. 2 kids" ;)

OH DW, I added my own comments about why Harry/Hermione would never work-besides the obvious-I felt that Ron ALWAYS respected Hermione's opinions, even though he could be stubborn (just as much as she can be LOL) but I also felt like Harry thought Hermione was not his equal where Ron did. Besides the fact of their sexual tension (HEEHEE LOVE THEM), Harry and Hermione showed NOTHING with each other.

Read this awesome FF yall- Laura we are missing your next chap!!! :) Please update ASAP!! :)

Anyway this was a take on CoS-REALLY well done... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6547301/1/If_Tomorrow_Never_Comes

I'm on it my dear -- :P planned the next 2 chapters while i was in McDonalds yesterday hahah!

I think it would be really cool to walk in the shoes of Harry/Hermione shipper for a day and play devil's advocate. Is anyone here willing to try and do that? To take the perspective that Harry and Hermione should have ended up together and to argue it in a sensible or responsible way (if sensible is not the right word)... not the way it was argued in the piece linked above?

I've got work in a little bit, so I don't have the time to devote to it right now... but I'm willing to take it up as a challenge and argue it here, if y'all are willing to play along? I think it could be fun and maybe do something to help us all appreciate the characters more (if that's possible) than we already do.

Anyone else willing to swallow a little pride and play the devil's advocate with me? The rest of us here can issue challenges to our Harry/Hermione shippers assertions. Kind of like debate class... I think this could really be interesting if there are enough others who are game? :mellow:

I tend to agree. LoL. I found this article/blog or whatever online. Don't get too riled up when you read it or some of the comments. I just had to comment too. Mine is # 71. 

clicky

Gosh! What a stupid article!!!!!! Ron and Hermione belong together, deal with it!!!! B)

Poor H/Hr shippers, they still believe that Harry and Hermione will end up together... :rolleyes:

LOL Laura awesome at McD's!!!! ;)

Jon I hate to say it but there is no need to walk in the H/Hr shipper shoes because there is no valid reason-I try to look at their POV and I DONT get it-Like I said before, Harry I felt never valued Hermione's opinions, was always on her for silly things, plus NO SEXUAL tension. I am talking about book and movie. Really after OOTP and even moreso after GoF those H/Hr shippers should have gotten the hint- I mean even JKR and Emma said it. So for me, there is no reason to play devil's advocate w/ them...H/Hr shippers dont have a leg to stand on... Luciana is absolutely 100% correct...it was a stupid article and R/Hr DO belong together-they complete each other-they are both stubborn, loyal, kind, caring but Hermione is also clever, whereas Ron has street smarts, Hermione is a hard worker but gets relaxed by the fun and laid backness of her Ron :) Weasley will always be Hermione's king :king:

Well said, Alex. Couldn't agree more.

I think it would be really cool to walk in the shoes of Harry/Hermione shipper for a day and play devil's advocate. Is anyone here willing to try and do that? To take the perspective that Harry and Hermione should have ended up together and to argue it in a sensible or responsible way (if sensible is not the right word)... not the way it was argued in the piece linked above?

I've got work in a little bit, so I don't have the time to devote to it right now... but I'm willing to take it up as a challenge and argue it here, if y'all are willing to play along? I think it could be fun and maybe do something to help us all appreciate the characters more (if that's possible) than we already do.

Anyone else willing to swallow a little pride and play the devil's advocate with me? The rest of us here can issue challenges to our Harry/Hermione shippers assertions. Kind of like debate class... I think this could really be interesting if there are enough others who are game? :mellow:

Nah... :icontwisted8pz:

Maybe just try hanging out with the other ship for a bit... lol

And then your brain will take it no more and you'll come back begging us to detach you from those whingers who simply can't accept (or worse, understand) the fantastic relationship that JKR built with R/Hr because, in their own words, the 'hero' is the one who takes 'the girl'.

So lame.

I just thought we might be able to have an adult conversation like a debate club. But I know the sensabilities of many here have been pushed far beyond the levels of anything I've experienced as far as the shipping wars were/are concerned.

I'm sorry that my suggestion had such a negative response and illicited the reactions that it did, as I have complete respect for everyone here and never ment to offend. :(

Edited by Peter Pumpkinhead

I just thought we might be able to have an adult conversation like a debate club. But I know the sensabilities of many here have been pushed far beyond the levels of anything I've experienced as far as the shipping wars were/are concerned.

I'm sorry that my suggestion had such a negative response and illicited the reactions that it did, as I have complete respect for everyone here and never ment to offend. :(

Noooo! It's ok, for me at least... I guess some of us have already experienced that back in the time. Nothing will be changed. H/hr shippers will continue to ignore everything that is good in R/Hr. Unfortunately.