The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Had a long week at work so decided to have a HP movie marathon. =) Just finished SS and realized something that I didn't put together before. I'm sure it's not news to some of you, but it made me smile thinking about how Hermione pointed out dirt on Ron's nose when they first met and then how it became Ron noticing stuff on her mouth/chin.

Then of course I thought about the chin touching scene in the cafe and I wised that DH1 would come out on DVD already - and of course DH2!!!

I never noticed that conection. Pretty cool

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR do what I do- see it multiple times in the theater ;) hehe... watching my 9th tonight ;) I cant get enough of our R/Hr love :)

YES SO's will probably happen when R/Hr KISSSSSSSS-the ULTIMATE KISS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I think I might do the same for part 2!!! :ohyeah::wub:

This vid is lovely!! And the song is so beautiful!!!

:lol: I loved that video Luciana! Thank you. <3

the song seemed very Barry Manilow-esque to me, and yes it was quite beautiful too! :king:

I don't want to toot my own HP horn or anything, but.... :P

I don't know if I ever mentioned here that I went back to the grocery store and purchased that HP balloon I was originally too shy to purchase (this was a couple of months back now) and my friend Kathy knitted a Gryffindor Scarf for me for my birthday. When I was in Washington DC ON my birthday, some women asked me if I was a Washington Redskins fan, because the scarf is the same colours as the Redskins (American Football team) team colours. I proudly and loudly said "Nah, I'm a Harry Potter fan and this is a Gryffindor Scarf!" :lol: I must have been the coolest kid in town when I said that! :unsure::lol: Oh, I also got a Deathly Hallows t-shirt for Christmas, so let's just say I made out like a bandit this holiday season! :ohyeah:

Edited by Peter Pumpkinhead

LOL!!!!! WELCOME TO THE NUTTINESS JON ;) I loved the Redskins comment-I am from the DC metro area-not a Skins fan though...lets see what do I own? I have a R/Hr mug, a trio mug, a R/Hr holding at the Burrow poster, HBP Poster, OOTP poster, a DH T shirt, HBP with H/DD/R/Hr T shirt, HP calendars...yeah I am a nut ;) Luciana I will watch that vid later!! Looks GOOD as usual for any R/Hr vid ;)

Ugh I think I may have the touch of the flu and THIS just made me all happy ;) Who needs chicken soup when we have R/Hr ;) That video was GORGEOUS!! Who made it? THIS vid should prove to ANYONE (yes H/Hr shippers yall too) WHY R/HR WERE/ARE/WILL ALWAYS BE MEANT TO BE!!!! THIS vis also proves WHY they are Forbes #1 on-screen couple and BEST ROMANCE OF 2010!!!!!! ;) Thanks Luciana for sharing this!! :)

The ending is adorable! Loved it!

cbmac, yes, R/Hr were always destined to be together. Anyone would have seen that one coming from the moment Hermione told Ron 'Next time there is a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort' in GoF.

That was THE defining moment. It was very VERY clear. :D

Jon, I'm so glad that you have a Gryffindor scarf! I'd love to have one too!

Does your friend take orders? :P

Katharine, I also think a HP fan is way cooler than a football one!

In fact, judging by my friends' children reactions when we discuss HP related stuff, I can tell that it actually quite close to the truth.

They think I'm the cool 'aunty' who knows everything about the cool wizarding world! And I feel flattered! :blush:

My students think I am the "cool" teacher that I know so much about HP ;) They love my DH calendar-it has R/Hr for the month of January-the pic of Ron staring at Hermione as she plays piano <sigh> SO HOT AND TENDER is that scene ;)

Also, vida, YESSSS in GoF is where I was all like WAIT are R/Hr together/getting together? THAT was when I started to shift towards my R/Hr ship and in OOTP just flipping confirmed it ;) So from OOTP on that was when I became a die hard, cant change my mind, dont mess w. me R/Hr Weasley shipper hehe ;)

The first time I thought that Ron and Hermione would end up together was during PoA: the scene when Hermione takes Ron's arms, I remember that I was like "what is going on between those two?".

Awww really? I didnt think much about who Hermione was gonna end up with-not until OOTP-I guess it was because I didnt think much about 2 13 year olds LOL...OOTP convinced me THOROUGHLY-book AND movie ;)

The first time I thought that Ron and Hermione would end up together was during PoA: the scene when Hermione takes Ron's arms, I remember that I was like "what is going on between those two?".

Me too! I remember thinking it was foreshadowing like in other movies/TV shows that have bickering friends. The arm touching scene plus the "Do you want to come a little closer?" moment by the shrieking shack. Then I thought about CoS and how they backed away from a hug and shook hands instead - classic "playground" hiding/doing the opposite of true feelings. I started to ship R/Hr in PoA the movie as I didn't read the books till 2007 before Deathly Hallows came out (although I had been watching the movies since they came out).

I'm glad I saw most of the movies first before reading the books because rather than the movies take away from the books (as I know some fans feel), the books added layers to the movies for me. I love both the movie series and the book series and appreciate them as separate entities of a great story/world - going to Hogwarts would've been so much better than my middle and high schools =)

The hug only exists in the movie version. I remember there was excitement when Hermione delivered her line in the Yule Ball in GoF (book version) because it was the very first time that she so clearly expressed that she liked Ron. :)

:lol: I loved that video Luciana! Thank you. <3

Truly beautiful video.

the song seemed very Barry Manilow-esque to me, and yes it was quite beautiful too! :king:

I don't want to toot my own HP horn or anything, but.... :P

I don't know if I ever mentioned here that I went back to the grocery store and purchased that HP balloon I was originally too shy to purchase (this was a couple of months back now) and my friend Kathy knitted a Gryffindor Scarf for me for my birthday. When I was in Washington DC ON my birthday, some women asked me if I was a Washington Redskins fan, because the scarf is the same colours as the Redskins (American Football team) team colours. I proudly and loudly said "Nah, I'm a Harry Potter fan and this is a Gryffindor Scarf!" :lol: I must have been the coolest kid in town when I said that! :unsure::lol: Oh, I also got a Deathly Hallows t-shirt for Christmas, so let's just say I made out like a bandit this holiday season! :ohyeah:

Oh, I wish I could be that brave. I usually never say that I'm a HP fan.

But I did used to put a HP tshirt on my son lol and he likes HP too so thats ok.

Meh be PROUD ;) I am proud to be a R/Hr shipper ;)

vida I know!!! When Hermione says her line in GoF I was all like... hmmm ok Hermione def has an interest in Ron, Ron does too-the jealousy factor!!! ;) But what sealed it for me was OOTP. Took me longer than some LOL

The hug only exists in the movie version. I remember there was excitement when Hermione delivered her line in the Yule Ball in GoF (book version) because it was the very first time that she so clearly expressed that she liked Ron. :)

I know. I didn't read the books, except the seventh so.. But at that time, I wasn't a R/Hr shipper so it was very interesting for me to see. I think it was the beginning of my love for them :)

The hug only exists in the movie version.

No, there is a hug in the PoA book too. It's just in another scene. It's when Ron offers Hermione to help her with the Buckbeak case appeal (she had just word from Hagrid that Buckbeak had been sentenced to death). Hermione breaks down into his arms and apologizes for Scabbers. It's the resolution of their Crookshanks/Scabbers fight. One of my absolute favourite scenes in the books. In the movie, they replaced that with the hug after Buckbeak's "execution".

I told this multiple times already, but I'll gladly repeat: I knew it was going to be Ron and Hermione for sure when reading CoS. It was something about how JKR highlighted Ron's reaction to Hermione's petrification and her subsequent recovery. Ron reacted stronger than anyone else. :D

I know. I didn't read the books, except the seventh so.. But at that time, I wasn't a R/Hr shipper so it was very interesting for me to see. I think it was the beginning of my love for them :)

Oh, Luciana!!! I have to implore you to read the books. All of them. Please do! You like Harry, Ron and Hermione and their friendship? You love R/Hr? Read the books, as entertaining as the movies may be, the books will be an eye opener for you.

No, there is a hug in the PoA book too. It's just in another scene. It's when Ron offers Hermione to help her with the Buckbeak case appeal (she had just word from Hagrid that Buckbeak had been sentenced to death). Hermione breaks down into his arms and apologizes for Scabbers. It's the resolution of their Crookshanks/Scabbers fight. One of my absolute favourite scenes in the books. In the movie, they replaced that with the hug after Buckbeak's "execution".

I told this multiple times already, but I'll gladly repeat: I knew it was going to be Ron and Hermione for sure when reading CoS. It was something about how JKR highlighted Ron's reaction to Hermione's petrification and her subsequent recovery. Ron reacted stronger than anyone else. :D

Oh, Luciana!!! I have to implore you to read the books. All of them. Please do! You like Harry, Ron and Hermione and their friendship? You love R/Hr? Read the books, as entertaining as the movies may be, the books will be an eye opener for you.

Oh I know!! I should do it! :blush: But I'm afraid to be disappointed with the movies. Maybe one day I'll read them.

LOL Luciana as someone who didnt read the books either until OOTP, I know where you are coming from... yes I did say when I read all of the books WHY DIDNT THEY PUT THAT IN, OR THAT IN... but ya know what? It didnt ruin my love for R/Hr-it just added to it. It also helps the fact that R/E chemistry is so freakin awesome and amazing that they bring R/Hr relationship to life in the most beautiful, sweetest, hottest manner ;) SO read them-you will LOVE them!! :) Not just for the R/Hr romance aspect, but EVERYTHING-R/H friendship, Harry's unselfish willingness to risk his life for his friends, etc...the books are magical (no pun intended) ;)

Oh, I wish I could be that brave. I usually never say that I'm a HP fan.

But I did used to put a HP tshirt on my son lol and he likes HP too so thats ok.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm an adult too, and I've always discussed HP at work and my friends also know I love the series...

I really don't care if I am judged for being a HP fan. Not even my husband's remarks bother me. :P

The way I see it, it's their loss that they are not into such a wonderful world, not mine. :)

Oh yes, there is a hug in the book too, just not where the movie one exists. Yes. :)

I'm not sure if it was due to HP being a 'children' book or what, but I wasn't really expecting romance, but I really didn't read much into things when it happened.

Or maybe because, up to that point, I was only absorbed in Harry's journey.

I started being a R/Hr shipper only after reading the 4th book, as it was the first time Hermione expressed so clearly that she liked Ron back.

Until that point, Ron had been the obvious one, but as far as Hermione was concerned, I didn't know where she stood.

So yeah, GoF was the turning point for me. Now R/Hr were both obvious and started shipping them. :)