The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

After having read all those reviews about the kiss, i went to watch the movie today tensed and without my expectations.

Bu i must the say that the kiss was SIMPLY HOT. The best on screen kiss i've ever seen. There was so much of emotion in it and Rup and emma have done it so well..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It TRULY is a HOT kiss-I mean so much emotion and love and tenderness and really a rather sexy kiss for 2 teenagers-not your typical first kiss between 2 kids really-HOT HOT HOT ;) IMAX AWAITS!!! ;)

YESSS R/E did a VERY awesome job with it.

Edited by cbmac12

It TRULY is a HOT kiss-I mean so much emotion and love and tenderness and really a rather sexy kiss for 2 teenagers-not your typical first kiss between 2 kids really-HOT HOT HOT ;) IMAX AWAITS!!! ;)

I saw gifs everywhere about the kiss! Now I haven't watched the movie yet, but I'm sure that's a part I'll be looking forward to watching. ;)

One thing that frustrates me is Ron's lack of emotion when Harry says he's gonna die. Hermione hugs him but Ron doesn't say anything and mere;y looks on.. I found this wierd. He must have objected Harry from goin. at least according to the books Harry is more closer to Ron bur rhis was poorly porerayed in the movies..

ven when Harry is 'dead' Ron just looks on glumly without much emotion.

I hate the script writer for this......

Hey Kris--I hope you enjoy the IMAX as much as I did. 3-D too?? I'll prolly go see it again next week. The kiss was really HOT--they kissed

like a man/woman, then giggled like a boy/girl!!! <_<

Who cares about the camera angle?? Their fans all get it, and that's all that matters. I don't care if the camera angle was sideways, upside

down, or diagonal--it was heartfelt, and really just about the way I thought it would be.

Now for an off topic ? What the heck happened to Lavender Brown after the battle?? It sounded really gross, and I missed it, as everything

was moving so fast, and it was hard to see everything with such quick camera sweeps. :unsure:

Hey Kris--I hope you enjoy the IMAX as much as I did. 3-D too?? I'll prolly go see it again next week. The kiss was really HOT--they kissed

like a man/woman, then giggled like a boy/girl!!! <_<

Who cares about the camera angle?? Their fans all get it, and that's all that matters. I don't care if the camera angle was sideways, upside

down, or diagonal--it was heartfelt, and really just about the way I thought it would be.

Now for an off topic ? What the heck happened to Lavender Brown after the battle?? It sounded really gross, and I missed it, as everything

was moving so fast, and it was hard to see everything with such quick camera sweeps. :unsure:

I honestly don't know, when it did a close up shot of her, it seemed like she was dead :/

Well, I saw the movie. I must to confess that I liked the part 1 more.

This film was good, obviously. The battle of Hogwarts was epic!!!! I cried a lot!! :sob:

About the kiss.... I'm not satisfied at all. I think Rupert and Emma did a wonderful job, but Yates... It was so short!!! I was like "that's it?" But I'm glad you liked it.

I can't believe it's all over. No more Harry Potter, Ron and Hermione. At least, we will have the movies and the books to see them over and over again. :)

Okay, I have been searching for a pic of the R/Hr kiss and I seem to be too dumb to find one. I've found gifs and vid, but not a pic. Could someone please PM me a link?

No worries, I'll wait another couple of days before I use it as my siggy. :)

Well, I saw the movie. I must to confess that I liked the part 1 more.

This film was good, obviously. The battle of Hogwarts was epic!!!! I cried a lot!! :sob:

About the kiss.... I'm not satisfied at all. I think Rupert and Emma did a wonderful job, but Yates... It was so short!!! I was like "that's it?" But I'm glad you liked it.

I can't believe it's all over. No more Harry Potter, Ron and Hermione. At least, we will have the movies and the books to see them over and over again. :)

Yea, it was too short--like everything else in the movie!! But Luciana, us fans know it was real and heartfelt, and that's all that

matters!! <_< I'm glad Kris loved it. When she gets her DVD, she'll wear it out!!!

Courtney, thanks for the Lavender Brown reply. I'll have to check it out the next time I see it.

Which HP movie was everybody's all time fav and why? Mine was GOF--loved the humour and loved the tension that R/E displayed. Gotta

love that Yule Ball!!! Ron's evening robes from his great-aunt Tessie!! :rofl:

Another question. The scene in Kristen's signature, Ron holding Hermione, was that in the movie? I mean the scene was in. It was when Ron and Hermione were attacked by Nagini and then Neville kills Nagini. But that excat shot of the two of them holding each other couldn't be seen in the movie, right?

Another question. The scene in Kristen's signature, Ron holding Hermione, was that in the movie? I mean the scene was in. It was when Ron and Hermione were attacked by Nagini and then Neville kills Nagini. But that excat shot of the two of them holding each other couldn't be seen in the movie, right?

No, it's in the movie - the shot right after Neville kills Nagini. It's like 3 seconds long.

Ok, I have a few questions, nothing with Ron and Hermione, but maybe you can answer them.

The questions are:

Why Severus and Lilly's patronus are the same?

Why the Sword of Gryffindor disappear in Gringots?

Why Harry wasn't dead? Maybe because he is the Master of Death?

I hope you can help me!!

Why Severus and Lilly's patronus are the same? Yes. Because he loved Lily, Snape had the same patronus as her. A doe.

Why the Sword of Gryffindor disappear in Gringots? Because it was Godric Griffindor's and belonged to Hogwarts to help those who ask for help. As Dumbledore explained in CoS and again in the King's Cross section, Help will come to those at Hogwarts who need it /are worthy. In the Chamber in the second movie, the sword presented itself to Harry to fight the Basilisk. In DH2 it presents itself to Neville to help kill Nagini.

Why Harry wasn't dead? Maybe because he is the Master of Death? That indeed hasn't been explained properly. In the movie, Dumbledore tells Harry that Voldemort merely killed the piece of his own soul that resided in Harry. That, plus the Elder Wand wouldn't turn against its true master, which was Harry. In the book it is indeed this reason, and that Harry is the Master of Death.

I hope I could help you and didn't make matters worse with my explanation. LOL

Those questions can be ansewered easily and was well explained above. Exsept that Snapes patronus changed the night Lily died for the reason stated above. He loved her. I can't quiet remember what it was before though.

Why Severus and Lilly's patronus are the same? Yes. Because he loved Lily, Snape had the same patronus as her. A doe.

Why the Sword of Gryffindor disappear in Gringots? Because it was Godric Griffindor's and belonged to Hogwarts to help those who ask for help. As Dumbledore explained in CoS and again in the King's Cross section, Help will come to those at Hogwarts who need it /are worthy. In the Chamber in the second movie, the sword presented itself to Harry to fight the Basilisk. In DH2 it presents itself to Neville to help kill Nagini.

Why Harry wasn't dead? Maybe because he is the Master of Death? That indeed hasn't been explained properly. In the movie, Dumbledore tells Harry that Voldemort merely killed the piece of his own soul that resided in Harry. That, plus the Elder Wand wouldn't turn against its true master, which was Harry. In the book it is indeed this reason, and that Harry is the Master of Death.

I hope I could help you and didn't make matters worse with my explanation. LOL

Thank you!!! :) and one more question: what does Hermione put on Ron and Harry's hands when they are out of the lake after jumping of the dragon?

Essence of Dittany :)

I thought that even in that 13 sec kiss (I counted LOL) it emitted the most passion, love, and tenderness from these 2 characters-the kiss was HOT even cnn is calling it Hermione and Ron share a very sexy smootch. Finally, these two characters seal their love for one another with a kiss, and when the initial excitement of the scene wears off, viewers begin to realize that this is a very steamy and adult liplock. YESSSS IT WAS INDEED....the heavy breathing, the lips, that smacking noise, the hands around her back, hers in his hair moved to his chest. :drool:

THAT giggle- WAS ALL R/E LOL!!!!!! LOVED IT-it really shows as R/Hr, that they were still kids ya know ;)

LOL!!!!! SOUL SISTER-I am already prepping for 2 DVDs because I know I will wear out the first one LOL...alrighty confession time-I am on viewing #5-one of them was for free though ;) #5 is tonite-I ADORE this movie, especially the R/Hr moments-"That's my girlfriend"!!!!!!! ;) hehe....ohhhhh RON ;)

Those questions can be ansewered easily and was well explained above. Exsept that Snapes patronus changed the night Lily died for the reason stated above. He loved her. I can't quiet remember what it was before though.

I didn't remember that Snape's patronus changes the night of Lily's death. It's some time I've read DH. But that fact hasn't been explained in the movie anyway. Snape uses the doe patronus to make clear to Dumbledore why he saved Harry's life all these years. Not because he cares about Harry, only because of Lily. When Dumbledore sees the doe patronus, he knows why.

I didn't remember that Snape's patronus changes the night of Lily's death. It's some time I've read DH. But that fact hasn't been explained in the movie anyway. Snape uses the doe patronus to make clear to Dumbledore why he saved Harry's life all these years. Not because he cares about Harry, only because of Lily. When Dumbledore sees the doe patronus, he knows why.

Actually with this I know I'm right. Because and interview with J.K I watched many years ago when the book come out and she explained how and why it changed. I don't think it's mentioned in the book because Snape and Dumbledore keep cutting off each others lines that hint his patronus changed. Dumbledore's like "Then that's why it-" and Snapes like "Yes."

I watched the movie 4 the 2nd time 2day....

Luvd the kiss even more......

And I loved Hermione's beam when Ron races after Malfoy....

And i thought Neville said something about Luna to Harry which i failed 2 catch properly.

I became emotional when i saw the trio 2gether in thw last scene... And as the credits started rolling i realised that we won't get 2 c them 2gether anymore....:(

H/R/Hr Rock... Thank u JKR... They'll stay fresh in us 4ever...

And i simply loooooooooove the books.,,,,,

I watched the movie 4 the 2nd time 2day....

Luvd the kiss even more......

And I loved Hermione's beam when Ron races after Malfoy....

And i thought Neville said something about Luna to Harry which i failed 2 catch properly.

I became emotional when i saw the trio 2gether in thw last scene... And as the credits started rolling i realised that we won't get 2 c them 2gether anymore....:(

H/R/Hr Rock... Thank u JKR... They'll stay fresh in us 4ever...

And i simply loooooooooove the books.,,,,,

This forum is against slang speaking and unfortunatly I can barely understand what you are saying. I understood the bit about Neville though. He said to Harry that he needed to go find Luna to tell her that he loved her.

The last scene of them standing staring at nothing didn't really get to me. As it looked to much of a fake happy. I mean all those people just died and they tried to make it look like a happy ending. No. They should have just been with those who just died.

Edited by Hermione

I didn't think they looked happy at all on the bridge. Just my impression of course. I think they looked thoughtful, emotional, a bit sentimental, but also relieved that everything is over. I loved this final shot. It was the moment I almost lost it, but then the screen went black and it read "19 years later" It was when a couple of people in the theater, including my bff sitting next to me, groaned "oh not that" My friend isn't a big fan of the book epilogue, so there wasn't much chance of her liking it in the movie anyway. And she didn't.

I am a fan of the book epilogue but think the movie had better ended with the scene on the bridge. JMO.

50 best movie kisses.

Number 10: Ron and Hermione :ohyeah:

The Kissers: Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson).

The Kiss: Y’know, that kiss. The one they’ve been building up to for a decade.

Passion Or Romance: The cute smiles after the kiss give it away - these kids are in love. Bless.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50-best-movie-kisses/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-2011-1#content

:ohyeah:

I didn't think they looked happy at all on the bridge. Just my impression of course. I think they looked thoughtful, emotional, a bit sentimental, but also relieved that everything is over. I loved this final shot. It was the moment I almost lost it, but then the screen went black and it read "19 years later" It was when a couple of people in the theater, including my bff sitting next to me, groaned "oh not that" My friend isn't a big fan of the book epilogue, so there wasn't much chance of her liking it in the movie anyway. And she didn't.

I am a fan of the book epilogue but think the movie had better ended with the scene on the bridge. JMO.

50 best movie kisses.

Number 10: Ron and Hermione :ohyeah:

The Kissers: Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson).

The Kiss: Y’know, that kiss. The one they’ve been building up to for a decade.

Passion Or Romance: The cute smiles after the kiss give it away - these kids are in love. Bless.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50-best-movie-kisses/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-2011-1#content

Galadriel- we felt the SAME thing- I was like crying like a baby during the last scene and epilogue-mostly because it was the last scene for our trio (well Ron and his wife and brother in law)...but the bridge scene was very poignant-they just freakin survived a war, they LIVED, they can have a future-Ron with Hermione ( :ohyeah::ohyeah: ) and be able to have normal lives again. Anyway I loved the bridge scene-I also felt like it really was R/E/D we were watching as they held hands.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAW THIS #10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKIN #10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe...we win over Twilight!! WOHOOO!!!