The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall...from Emma's interview with Rookie magazine...she was talking about keeping journals...this just made my nite ;)

s is Karl Lagerfeld—this is when he shot me for Crash magazine and I went to his studio in Paris. His studio is covered in books. He gave me two books which he illustrated, and he suggested that I should do that one day. He said so many funny things. This is Tim Burton. This is one of my acting teachers from RADA [the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art]…Jean Schrimpton…this is David Yates. Rupert [Grint] has a page. [Laughs] James Franco has a page. My mother has a page. I just get terrified I’ll forget things! [Finding a card in the stack of books] Oh, this is so cool—this is from the president!

No, you are not seeing things... ;) I was like awww she mentions Helena Bonham Carter (I didnt post it) and starts to rattle beautifully on ;) you see RUPERT'S name....DONT STOP BELIEVING IN GRINTSON, SHIPPAS!!!!!! ;)

But I really related to Sam and Charlie’s friendship, because I have a very, very close male friend who has been friends with me since I was 15, 16, and I know that sometimes you just need someone who sees you differently from how you see yourself to make you love and believe in yourself. I really related to that.

Ummmm....ok, so what she meant was she has a very, very close male friend who has been friends with her since she was say oh 9 or 10!! :P  

She's just a little off on the age factor. ^_^

I thought the same thing Dee LOL...she and the Grint didnt start to become very, very close until around that time (15/16) ;) Hmmm when was that? OH yeah OOTP....teehee...just sayin ;-)

Happily reading this ^^ with a huge smile and with ahhhhh in my mind. GRINTSON :)!

HEEHEE....SAME HERE Trixie ;-)

Edited by cbmac12

But I really related to Sam and Charlie’s friendship, because I have a very, very close male friend who has been friends with me since I was 15, 16, and I know that sometimes you just need someone who sees you differently from how you see yourself to make you love and believe in yourself. I really related to that.

Ummmm....ok, so what she meant was she has a very, very close male friend who has been friends with her since she was say oh 9 or 10!! :P  

She's just a little off on the age factor. ^_^

I could see this in a couple of different ways.  If Rupert and Emma are in a secret relationship she could well be talking about him, and keeping his name out of her comment would make total sense.  People enjoy talking about the people they love, so it's hard to keep them totally out of conversation.  By talking about Rupes secretly she could satisfy that desire to give a kind of nod to him and all he means to her without bringing unwanted media scrutiny. 

She also could be talking about a friend who is not Rupert who she wants to protect.  She has mentioned before how the tabloid media likes to run with anything and make her look like she's dating every guy who she goes to a coffee shop with. 

Or it could be that Rupert is just a great friend to her, so it could be reason number two, but be Rupert. 

Could also be something else entirely that I'm not thinking of. :tongue0020:

If it's any of the first 3 reasons I outlined then it goes to show two things.  First, how appreciative Emma is of the people who are close to her in her life.  Second, how cautious she has to be to try and keep her/their privacy.  The first one is very sweet, the second reason is also sweet but a little unfortunate too.  Is there ever a time when a celebrity of Emma's fame will be able to let her guard down a little?   

Hi Lumos--

All of us shippers know she's talking about Rupert because of all we've seen and heard over the years.

True, she's been photographed out and about with other male friends, but the only one she's not photographed with

walking down the street is Rupert. Theirs is a relationship built on love, trust and PRIVACY. Their whole life revolved around

HP, and 10 years of being together daily, and building their relationship. Now that HP is over--they meet in private.

Notice she doesn't say "a close male friend", or "a very close male friend", but rather a "very, very close male friend"!! 

She's also called him her ROCK, and the LOVE of her life. These are not endearing terms that a she would use lightly

as with a casual male friendship.

They also have many secrets together, which they communicate with each other by their looks. Ah yes, the little knowing grins they give

to each other are priceless. 

Yes, Lumos--Rupert is the man behind the "invisibility cloak"!!

I'm not saying do not believe them, there are several clues out there, just do not want to be biased cause this is a "quality" of the D / H Shippers and I do not want to look like them. Just me. And you're right, since Daniel and Rupert have been their male friends for 10 years, in this level of understanding, makes sense. But, we'll never find out, we can only hope the next pluzze.

This is one of the best examples of R/E using code:

At 4:30 Rupert asks Emma:Who do you like better me or Dan??

Emma:Of course...(she answers him straightway) Translation: It's you gingerman-it's always been you). Nest she crinkles her nose and says jokingly neither. She then says, I guess I have to be diplomatic---I like both of them equally. They have their own secret language. ;)

Lumos!!! Hello!!! :) What is new!! :) I love what you say Lumos-we love shippers over here who will play the other side of the discussion :) So post away over here!! We are not like some Dan and Emma shippers (I know not all of them are well different LOL)...anyway, post away...

Dee-agree-I also believe R/E have this special communication with each other-I agree also that it is very interesting how R/E wont be photographed together and keeps things private. I remember back maybe last year or 2 years ago-time has flown!! Both Rupert and Emma said in separate interviews that they go to places where they know they will not be spotted. Also, the media doesnt get to know everything-they can do very well with hiding from the paps/media.

Jon-I love your POV's my fellow shipper :) You always do such an awesome job of playing out all scenarios. Honestly, Emma is a beautiful person inside and outside as well as her gingerman. They dont want to share too much information about their lives or even their family members for that matter.

Ok yall forgive me if I have said this already-I had 2 dreams about R/E within a week of each other...well had another recent one but this time I was in it...I was basically with Rupert at a BBQ and I was talking to him but he kept looking over his shoulder for someone. I said "Rupert dont worry, Emma is coming". He looks at me and smiles and continues to look over his shoulder. I then say to him, you are in love with Emma arent you? He looks at me and nods and then I say "Emma is in love with you too". He just smiles....then I see Rupert's eyes light up and goes running to.....I couldnt see who it was but I hear someone yell Emma!!! It was a friend of mine's voice yelling her name...you cant see her but you see a car and apparently in the dream that was Emma. Just weird! LOL 3 dreams lately of them....

Hey Kris---keep on dreaming---they say dreams are the gateway to reality or things about to happen. 

Try mugwort, a herb known for giving you lucid, vivid and prophetic dreams. You take it as a tea, or put its leaf

under your pillow. I tried this after a class at a herb seminar, and it does work.

When I tried it, I dreamt that I saw R/E at Niagara Falls.

They were standing next to me, holding each other and looking at the falls--and each other. Btw, I had just

been there a few days before.

We'll never see a picture with Rupert like this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s79jwi&s=5

She just seems let anyone see it...  if he is only a friend for her and a brother type, where are pictures like this? It´s true that he seems to be your "secret pleasure".

Emma:Of course...(she answers him straightway) Translation: It's you gingerman-it's always been you). Nest she crinkles her nose and says jokingly neither. She then says, I guess I have to be diplomatic---I like both of them equally. They have their own secret language.  ;)

She was so falsifiable. But she knew that this issue would done one time or another, so she says "of course".

LUMOS!!! Awesome pic ;-) I am telling ya that right there says/screams it all...she was never afraid to show pics of herself and Dan like that but with Rupert, not a pic is out there of them like this...she is either holding onto his shirt or closer in to him...the vibe I get with Dan and her are sister and brother. With Rupert and her-soulmates is the vibe I get. :-)

Dee-I dont know-what is that taste like? LOL...here is the weirdest thing about that dream though-I dont know where I was-meaning whose house...it didnt look familiar at all...DEE OMG YOUR DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Gee, Kris, neither do I. I never had the tea. I just put some of the leaves under my pillow and it worked.

Lumos, here's that little grinT look she gives that says---I was just with my

gingerman!! This was in London, on the way to the Lancome promos. 

Ok Dee, maybe I will try it LOL...

I loooooove your comment Dee!!! ;) the lil grinT of Emma's...who is the only man to ever put a 100 Watt-son grin on her face? Grint!!! ;)

Haha Dee, Emessaese would indeed be great to decipher but I think it's just meant for Rupert. :D  Rupert and Emma are fine actors but for Rupert when it comes to concealing a certain inclination towards a pretty young French girl the act becomes amateur hour and the skills erode.  Nothing like a longing look from Emma to melt ole Rupert's heart, make him weak in the knees and stutter or take pause a little I'm sure.   Lucky guy.  If I were a few years younger I might be more jealous.

Kristin, thank you for the compliment.  I realize that we all ship from our own unique perspectives and hopefully in doing so we each bring insights into the ship that make it stronger.  A lot of people think I'm a negative person or a skeptical person, and while I can exhibit that on some level I suppose, I prefer to think of myself as cautiously optomistic.  Sometimes I want so much for certain things that I protect myself against a let down.  Maybe I openly display the "skeptical side" a bit more when I do that with the ship.  The truth though is that I simply feel that Rupert Grint and Emma Watson could and should be together from the exposure I've had to their interactions.  True, that is very limited, but it doesn't take a genius to see the Tick Tock, Cluck Cluck, Oink Oink Chemistry between two people.  After all, I've always said, "If it looks like a pig and thinks like a pig (pigs are one of the smartest animals btw) and oinks like a pig... well, it probably is a pig" LOL (okay, perhaps not my BEST analogy/metaphor... I'll have to work on that one a bit)

Lumos, I loved the picture of Emma and Dan.  Thank you for sharing it.  They both had wonderful smiles in that picture.  I hope that in buffeting the whole Rupert and Emma relationship I never detract from the beautiful friendship that seems to exist with much of the HP cast.  Dan and Emma would seem to be truly great friends, and the friendships we have in our lives are never to be undervalued.  The fact that there seems to be something a little, "more" there when it comes to Rupert and Emma will never take away from the (much less discussed) other people, relationships, friendships that are important to her in her life.  Same goes for anyone of us of course.  The ONE love in our lives is special but the love of friends and family is the one that it's hardest to function without.  When that ONE love becomse part of the family, well that's even better of course!  God-willing, (Rupert and Emma willing too) hopefully that's the fate for Rupert and Emma.  Oh, and it wouldn't hurt the rest of us if they TOLD US when that is the case. LOL * Subtlety is not one of my most prescient attributes* >.<

OMG Jon you are killing me today with your posts :) That was so beautiful!!! :)

For me I have said time and time again I have NEVER shipped real life people together. It just doesnt' make sense. Yet with R/E, there is something so undeniably there that I can't help but ship them together. It is so hard to explain but I guess the fact is that what I see are 2 people with very hot chemistry, a mutual affection for each other, mutual respect for each other, and mutual love for each other as well. They also love the same things which to me is the sweetest thing in a relationship. Emma and Rupert are just meant to be together. I believe back in 2000 that was fate that brought these 2 together. They were both told at the same time (apart from Dan) that they got R/Hr roles. Do I think that they were like brother/sister back then? Honestly, yeah I do. Rupert was like the big brother who teased his little sister but whose little sister looked up to him. But they were like 10 years/11 years old! LOL Fast forward a few years later-yeah not brother/sister anymore :-)...the looks and the passion you can see behind those looks are so sweet and beautiful to witness. What I honestly see are 2 people very much into the other, cares about the other...I see soulmates. I see 2 people who are fated to become husband/wife with lil brown eyed gingersnaps in the future ;-)

Makes me happy every time she keeps using those little things that remind him:

"Kind of - I basically took two years out [after filming] and stepped as far away from it as I could - I mean the HP films were still coming out but I took time to really try and figure out who I was and what I wanted to do. I even considered not being an actress."