The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Vida, I dont know... we could get Hermione saying you were the one who saved me you know to Ron. Maybe also Hermione saying to Ron "when I looked up and saw you coming out of the stairwell, I knew everything was going to be ok" or she could start off w. "I didnt think I was going to make it"...maybe she can even tell Ron this at SC... I want them to share their fears of that night at Malfoy Manor w. each other.

I'd love any of these lines! :D

While I don't expect too much screentime of it (I'd be pleasantly surprised if we do, though :P ) I'd like to hear a line or two about how concerned Ron was during MM.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who's birthday it is today from your shippers? Jon (Pumkinhead)!

ohhhhhh happy birthday Jon

SOOO RIGHT vida!!!! VERY deserving!!!!!! :-)

Also Jon belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I can't believe I missed Jon's b-day. Happy belated Birthday, Jon! :ohyeah:

Thank you so much Kimberley, Laura, Kristen and Sabine! :lol::king:

Yes, I was referring to Rupert and Emma :P But perhaps Harry/Hermione is more accurate. Although I'm not sure even Harry would agree with Hermione quite as often as Jon agrees with Vida! Perhaps more Fred and George... ;)

Maybe we're just an amalgamation of all the best aspects and traits ;) of Harry, Hermione, Gred and Forge! :lol:

Thanks for the compliments Katharine! My entire shipper family is very special to me! :sob: <3

What do you all think the atmosphere was like on set after the kiss? :o

Did cheers go up from the HP crew, or did they maintain a professional stoicism? :o

She was clinging to him like dear life... and so was he!

If anyone had ever any doubts about where Hermione feels safe the most, about who is her personal Knight in Shining Armour, this scene brings home the point. At her most weak and vulnerable there was only one pair of arms she could find safety, solace and comfort in: Ron's . :wub:

Hope in part 2 we get Hermione to tell Ron that it was actually his 'screams' who got her through the torture... I'm not sure though, as he wasn't actually screaming in the movie, but something along those lines would be great!

I'm still a bit disappointed we didn't get the despearate screams from Ron in the movie, but who knows? Maybe it just wouldn't have worked. Ron still was Hermione's life-saver, charging forward to disarm Bellatrix. "Like Hell". But I would love love love if Hermione could talk about how Ron saved her and made everything better afterwards in the second movie. Yes, something like what Kristen suggested.

I know I'm seriously late, but a belated Happy Birthday to you, Jon! I must have missed a page before. :unsure:

Oh, how I would have loved to have been on set after kiss. Or even during, so I could find some way to 'accidentally' glue R/Hr / R/E together :P

I think the mood would have remained as professional as possible, with perhaps a few giggles, particularly if fellow cast members were around that day. If Dan had been there, on the other hand, it would have been a completely different story. I think they'd have needed several million more takes in that case just to stop laughing!

And too right, Sabine, Ron is clearly Hermione's personal knight. As disappointed as I was with some aspects of that scene, the 'Like Hell' was particularly perfect, and the clinging, just... :wub:

I know I'm seriously late, but a belated Happy Birthday to you, Jon! I must have missed a page before. :unsure:

Oh, how I would have loved to have been on set after kiss. Or even during, so I could find some way to 'accidentally' glue R/Hr / R/E together :P

I think the mood would have remained as professional as possible, with perhaps a few giggles, particularly if fellow cast members were around that day. If Dan had been there, on the other hand, it would have been a completely different story. I think they'd have needed several million more takes in that case just to stop laughing!

And too right, Sabine, Ron is clearly Hermione's personal knight. As disappointed as I was with some aspects of that scene, the 'Like Hell' was particularly perfect, and the clinging, just... :wub:

Me too!!!!!! I think "the after kiss" was more awkward than the kiss itself!! :0_0:

I would like to know what the crew thought about the scene when they ended filming. We know Yates's opinion, would they be agree? ;)

They were probably all like BLOODY HELL THAT WAS HOT ;)

BRING ON THE KISSSSSSSSSSSSS ;)

AS for Hermione's Kinght in Shining Armor-NO FREAKIN DOUBT-RON ;)

Also, the scene of that tumblr-it looks like that if Ron were to let go, Hermione would collapse-she almost looks like she is shaking in Ron's arms :( But to see this after 7 movies as trixie says, was SO freakin worth it!!!!!

If anyone had ever any doubts about where Hermione feels safe the most, about who is her personal Knight in Shining Armour, this scene brings home the point. At her most weak and vulnerable there was only one pair of arms she could find safety, solace and comfort in: Ron's . :wub:

Unfortunately, there's still a small minority who will continue to have 2nd thoughts about R/Hr together, regardless of what they are shown. Even THE KISS of all kisses won't convince them.

If JK Rowling couldn't get them onboard since 2005, when she kept telling them to re-read the books as there was nothing between H/Hr, I highly doubt anyone of us would achieve such an IMPOSSIBLE task either!

*where's the banging head against wall icon when you need it?* LOL

I'm still a bit disappointed we didn't get the despearate screams from Ron in the movie, but who knows? Maybe it just wouldn't have worked. Ron still was Hermione's life-saver, charging forward to disarm Bellatrix. "Like Hell". But I would love love love if Hermione could talk about how Ron saved her and made everything better afterwards in the second movie. Yes, something like what Kristen suggested.

'Like hell' as cbmac said, was awesome. Our boy wasn't going to give up that easy! If he was going to die anyway, he'd better do it while trying to save the love of his life.

I truly hope R/Hr discuss what happened in MM. Not only I'll be canon but it could also help to sum up pretty quickly what happened during part 1 too. So I think they will. :)

Unfortunately, there's still a small minority who will continue to have 2nd thoughts about R/Hr together, regardless of what they are shown. Even THE KISS of all kisses won't convince them.

If JK Rowling couldn't get them onboard since 2005, when she kept telling them to re-read the books as there was nothing between H/Hr, I highly doubt anyone of us would achieve such an IMPOSSIBLE task either!

*where's the banging head against wall icon when you need it?* LOL

:icontwisted8pz: there's the icon to use when discussing the dolts who dont want R/Hr together vida ;)

'Like hell' as cbmac said, was awesome. Our boy wasn't going to give up that easy! If he was going to die anyway, he'd better do it while trying to save the love of his life.

THIS is ALL WIN ;) Ron didnt care about himself-he would die for his girl as he put himself in danger-my guess is he would have run out at Bellatrix even if he didnt have a wand ya know? Sigh our RON!!!!! No wonder Hermione loves him so much!!!

I truly hope R/Hr discuss what happened in MM. Not only I'll be canon but it could also help to sum up pretty quickly what happened during part 1 too. So I think they will. :)

:ohyeah::ohyeah: SO want this too vida!!!!! I think they will too since it would be a good way to show what happened at MM. I will lose it when Ron sees Mudblood on her arm and Hermione says it will probably be there forever (which I think sadly it will :( ).

I was reading some reviews about DH, and this touched my heart:

“Grint, again, is the best touchstone in all of this. Without Harry’s resolve, or Hermione’s brilliance, he is the heart of the operation, though a heart that is all too tender. During an impromptu piano duet between Ron and Hermione, Grint zeroes in on the overwhelming rush of joy at being so near the object of his affection with the authenticity of a 17-year-old with no clue about what to do next. The air of absolute indifference broken with a quick, shy glance at Watson that speaks volumes about the enormous, scary passion that only a boy of that age can feel.â€

Killer Movie Reviews

Isn't beautiful? :wub:

“Grint, again, is the best touchstone in all of this. Without Harry’s resolve, or Hermione’s brilliance, he is the heart of the operation, though a heart that is all too tender. During an impromptu piano duet between Ron and Hermione, Grint zeroes in on the overwhelming rush of joy at being so near the object of his affection with the authenticity of a 17-year-old with no clue about what to do next. The air of absolute indifference broken with a quick, shy glance at Watson that speaks volumes about the enormous, scary passion that only a boy of that age can feel.â€

Killer Movie Reviews

Aww. I love when Rupert get the best reviews, which he usually gets, but this just makes me :ohyeah: and :wub: and beam with pride.

And I agree ofcourse.

Killer Movie Reviews

Dont they call Ron the "heart" of the trio ;) This review was AWESOME and SO TRUE!!!! I love his "shy glance at Watson" awwwww..... BRING ON OUR RON/HERMIONE NOW!!! ;)

Try to anticipate... what will be your personal reaction to seeing the Ron/Hermione kiss in the theatre this summer? :excited: How do you think the audience will react? :ohyeah:

My personl reaction is a little tougher for me to gauge, but I would not be at all surprised, even knowing the seriousness of everything going on around Ron and Hermione at the time, if the audience breaks out into applause. I expect a lot more than the mere awwww that you often get at a tender moment in a movie theatre. There are sure to be many hard core shippers in the crowd, especially in the earliest viewings and I expect a full out explosion of shipper happiness at the kisses conclusion. I'm not sure if there will be a shy childlike laughter during the kiss or complete silence before everyone reacts... but that's kind of how I envision the theatre experience.

For me, I'll probably just sit there as a broad smile breaks out across my face prior to joining everyone in the anticipated applause. I miiiiiight tear up a little, as I tend to do that more often during really happy moments, but I'm not sure. :blush:

Whatever venue I have been too-fans response have been to R/Hr with love and awwwwsss ;) AS for the KISS of 2011 (aka the Year of the Kiss to quote I believe was Luciana?) fans will be SCREAMING- as I know I will be ;)

Sorry!!! :( There are vids here in the States that we cant get either sometimes!! It is basically showing Ron flashbacking to Hermione and him and just shows how her voice is what got him through and back to her.

Had a long week at work so decided to have a HP movie marathon. =) Just finished SS and realized something that I didn't put together before. I'm sure it's not news to some of you, but it made me smile thinking about how Hermione pointed out dirt on Ron's nose when they first met and then how it became Ron noticing stuff on her mouth/chin.

Then of course I thought about the chin touching scene in the cafe and I wised that DH1 would come out on DVD already - and of course DH2!!!

THAT was AWESOME- I didnt get that!! LOL.. that was an awesome observation!! He notices in HBP and DH ( :drool: ) cafe scene touching prrrrr hehe... I know well we will have to wait til at least March-right around the corner soon ;)

Jon, I think your assessment on how the movie audience will react to THE KISS is spot on. I can totally imagine an outburst of wolf-whistles, awwws and applause (maybe even standing ovations? ;) )

I will smile, swoon and melt and search for the remote control to rewind and play that scene over and over again and then it'll hit me that I'm in the movie theater and that I will have to wait until November / December when the DVD comes out and I can watch the scene over and over again.

DH1 DVD comes out in Germany only at the end of April. That's still an eternity to go.

OR do what I do- see it multiple times in the theater ;) hehe... watching my 9th tonight ;) I cant get enough of our R/Hr love :)

YES SO's will probably happen when R/Hr KISSSSSSSS-the ULTIMATE KISS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)