The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Is anyone else just psysched about seeing PROTECTIVE Ron of his girl ;)

I am definitely. :D Ron has always been a very protective person when it came to his family and friends and especially Hermione of course. They did show a bit of that in the movies too, i.e. Ron defending Harry from Seamus in OotP. I am still annoyed beyond words that they changed the DADA class scene in PoA when Ron defended Hermione from Snape's insults in the book but they made him agree in the movie. I guess that scene goes down as my least favourite of the movies, yes even less than the dance in DH1 or the Shrieking Shack in PoA when they gave Ron's line to Hermione, or the final scene in HBP.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey :) I know there are some scenes that yeah should have been better but the way we need to look at it this-Ron has ALWAYS been the fierce and loyal one in the movies (of course he was in the books)...SS/PS: Ron rescuing Hermione from the troll...CoS: Ron defending Hermione BIG time from Malfoy...PoA: Ron worried and scared when Hermione was going to Lupin, trying to get her to stay back...OOTP: Ron saving Hermione from Grawp (this is where I was like omg Ron truly loves Hermione-seeing the look on his face when Grawp was holding her)...Ron defending Harry as you said against Seamus...HBP: Ron being all big brotherly when he sees Ginny and Dean kissing...DH 1: Ron running to get to Hermione at wedding and he holds her...Ron getting in front of Hermione when running away from Yaxley-I LOVE that moment in MoM...Ron yelling at the Snatchers to get off his Hermione and getting punched because of it :( (and apparently alot more that was edited)...Ron not wanting to let go of Hermione in Malfoy Manor before he is taken away-I love how he is looking back and I swear it looked like he was trying to scream something/wanting to scream something...the look on his face when he growls at Pettigrew to let her go (BEST ADDED SCENE EVER FOR RON)..."Like Hell"-take it back *THIS WAS THE BEST ADDED SCENE FOR RON*-the way he has absolutely no fear of dying as long as he saves his girl...Ron holding on VERY tightly to Hermione once she is in his arms and he wont let her go once until they bury Dobby and once again she is back in his arms. I dont know about yall, but this HP movie showed me the Ron I have been wanting to see since OOTP...this is Hermione's Ron and why she belongs w. Ron-he is her hero, always has been, and always will be for Hermione. I need to see DH 2 now!!!! ;)

Btw galadriel, SO missed your "reserved spot" in your siggy-that is freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Hey :) I know there are some scenes that yeah should have been better but the way we need to look at it this-Ron has ALWAYS been the fierce and loyal one in the movies (of course he was in the books)...SS/PS: Ron rescuing Hermione from the troll...CoS: Ron defending Hermione BIG time from Malfoy...PoA: Ron worried and scared when Hermione was going to Lupin, trying to get her to stay back...OOTP: Ron saving Hermione from Grawp (this is where I was like omg Ron truly loves Hermione-seeing the look on his face when Grawp was holding her)...Ron defending Harry as you said against Seamus...HBP: Ron being all big brotherly when he sees Ginny and Dean kissing...DH 1: Ron running to get to Hermione at wedding and he holds her...Ron getting in front of Hermione when running away from Yaxley-I LOVE that moment in MoM...Ron yelling at the Snatchers to get off his Hermione and getting punched because of it :( (and apparently alot more that was edited)...Ron not wanting to let go of Hermione in Malfoy Manor before he is taken away-I love how he is looking back and I swear it looked like he was trying to scream something/wanting to scream something...the look on his face when he growls at Pettigrew to let her go (BEST ADDED SCENE EVER FOR RON)..."Like Hell"-take it back *THIS WAS THE BEST ADDED SCENE FOR RON*-the way he has absolutely no fear of dying as long as he saves his girl...Ron holding on VERY tightly to Hermione once she is in his arms and he wont let her go once until they bury Dobby and once again she is back in his arms. I dont know about yall, but this HP movie showed me the Ron I have been wanting to see since OOTP...this is Hermione's Ron and why she belongs w. Ron-he is her hero, always has been, and always will be for Hermione. I need to see DH 2 now!!!! ;)

Btw galadriel, SO missed your "reserved spot" in your siggy-that is freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Wow! Very well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yesyes: And still there is people that don't understand why Hermione fell in love with Ron! :rolleyes:

Ron has always been very protective, and quite corageous (in the books).

That's why it was very hard for me to come to terms with the sometimes cowardy portrayal he suffered in the movies (not Rupert's fault, obviously).

I read somewhere that it's now interesting that Ron got so corageous 'all of a sudden'.

Well, if those people would have read, for example, that Ron was the one who said that they would go hunting for horcruxes with Harry, they'd understand that he was always been there for Hermione, Harry, and the ones he loved.

So, at this stage, I'm not going to bother replying to such nonesense anymore.

Ron has always been very protective, and quite corageous (in the books).

That's why it was very hard for me to come to terms with the sometimes cowardy portrayal he suffered in the movies (not Rupert's fault, obviously).

I read somewhere that it's now interesting that Ron got so corageous 'all of a sudden'.

Well, if those people would have read, for example, that Ron was the one who said that they would go hunting for horcruxes with Harry, they'd understand that he was always been there for Hermione, Harry, and the ones he loved.

So, at this stage, I'm not going to bother replying to such nonesense anymore.

Vida, just do what I do-enjoy Ron for who he is from the book and in the movies-he was never cowardly tbh in the movies...actually if someone can refresh my memory of any scenes where he was cowardly I would be curious...Ron was always the hero if yas ask me...yes Harry the hero for the world, Ron the hero for his friends, family, and especially Hermione :)

Thanks Luciana!!! :)

RHRFLYWME!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Okay, so right now I have two sigs. Which one do you guys like better and I'll put only one up. Jonas or Bieber???

Lol the second one is very funny!!! :lol: But I think you should put up the Jonas one.

Jonas one-not Beiber LOL-gives me nightmares ;)... As for R/Hr yall, what would be an ADDED scene yall would want to see? Me? THAT TUMBLR scene that was spilled a few weeks ago-please say that was legit...as for other added scenes-anything where Ron is just being protective of his girl... we know Hermione aint no wimp or damsel in distress, but I can picture Hermione being alot more vulnerable now w. everything that has happened to her :(

Jonas one-not Beiber LOL-gives me nightmares ;)... As for R/Hr yall, what would be an ADDED scene yall would want to see? Me? THAT TUMBLR scene that was spilled a few weeks ago-please say that was legit...as for other added scenes-anything where Ron is just being protective of his girl... we know Hermione aint no wimp or damsel in distress, but I can picture Hermione being alot more vulnerable now w. everything that has happened to her :(

An added scene I would LOVE LOVE LOVE would be another kiss - even just a quick peck on the lips. I know the book only has one and they've only talked about shooting one, but I can dream that they shot another one and kept it a secret =)

Welcome back R.Hr.Fly.With.Me! We missed you and your wonderful R/Hr graphics! :)

Vida, just do what I do-enjoy Ron for who he is from the book and in the movies-he was never cowardly tbh in the movies...actually if someone can refresh my memory of any scenes where he was cowardly I would be curious...Ron was always the hero if yas ask me...yes Harry the hero for the world, Ron the hero for his friends, family, and especially Hermione :)

Ron changed in the movies, cbmac. One of the clear examples is the one Galadriel mentioned above: Ron didn't defend Hermione against Snape, like in the book, but actually went along with him! It's outrageous!

And also he wasn't the one who told Harry that he didn't have a choice and that he and Hermione would go along hunting horcruxes as well. He just tagged along in the movie, 'doubtful' about it.

I think we had a truthful Ron in the first movie, but unfortunately everything went sort of downhill from there... The 5th movie tried to right their wrongs and gave us a more canon Ron once again, but unfortunately the 6th movie sort of ruined the character once again.

So, if we have had a more canon Ron in the movies, people who haven't read the books wouldn't be saying things like 'he got so corageous, all of a sudden'. That's for sure.

Hopefully a remake with more truthful characters is due at some point. I just hope I live long enough to see it! LOL

Luciana, that vid is beautiful! :wub:

Edited by vida
As for R/Hr yall, what would be an ADDED scene yall would want to see?

I've thought about it more, and a more realistic added seen I would like to see involves the epilogue. I guess it's more how the screenwriter and director adapt/portray it onscreen than adding a scene that wasn't in the book. I just want Ron and Hermione to be an affectionate married couple - like as the train departs, they're holding hands or have their arms around each other as they wave goodbye to their kids. (To be honest, when I saw leaked photos of the characters aged for the epilogue, while I did think they were aged too much, when I saw the wedding ring on Ron/Rupert's finger, it made me smile).

Hopefully a remake with more truthful characters is due at some point. I just hope I live long enough to see it! LOL

As much as I would love the movie Ron to be more like book Ron (especially now since I'm rereading the series in preparation for July), I would not want a remake, even if it was a 20 years from now. Personally, I just don't like remakes and "reimaginations" in general. Of course, if they were to do it animated (I believe Spielberg thought about an animated version), I wouldn't have a problem with it. I guess it's because Daniel, Rupert, and Emma are THE only Harry, Ron, and Hermione for me.

PS Not sure how you can reply to multiple quotes so I just copied and pasted. The first quote is cbmac12 and the second vida.

Ok vida NOW I get it...even though I read the books, I guess I have never been a book purist and thought that the characters were fine...maybe that is because I just enjoyed watching them, ESPECIALLY R/E chemistry in OOTP and on...I wonder had I read the books first before watching the movies if I would have felt differently the way I know some people feel about the characters portrayal, ya know? Anyway for me in DH 1, RON was EVERYTHING I wanted to see from him...btw I was def never one of those people who said Ron suddenly became courageous-that boy was courageous in the movies: SS/PS, CoS, OOTP, DH 1 and we KNOW DH 2...I guess for PoA there was never a time (except YES when he defends Hermione-that def would have been a beautiful moment to see) and GoF not much either to show Ron's courage...DH 1 Ron was the hero-he was everything as I said I wanted to see...his love for Hermione (I LOVED his looks and actions), his stopping Harry to go and find the horcruxes with him, Ron no longer having the emotional range of a teaspoon when he gets all jealous of H/Hr, his coming back to them (even knowing the wrath he would face w. Hermione LOL), his running into the thrushes to save Hermione from Bellatrix, not thinking of his own safety... again for me DH 1 was the best from a R/Hr shipper POV and Ron fan POV- I will be honest I have always loved movie Ron but not nearly as much as I loved and adored him in DH1. Ron has always been brave, but it was nice to see him have those opportunities to show it more in this movie and of course in DH 2.

That video just shows why people who are not R/Hr shippers NEED TO SEE THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)Go put that video in the R/Hr H/Hr battle thread ;)

@cbmac, we got a much more canon Ron during DH. That's why I mentioned that some people are saying that he got corageous 'all of a sudden'.

They obviously haven't opened the books so I'm not gonna bother with such nonsense. But still hurts me that Ron is so poorly treated and underestimated by some because that's not the way JK Rowling wrote him.

@rupertandemmagrint, I actually would like an animated version of the movies. That looks like a good idea. We already have the HP Lego games and no one has a problem with that. :)

But I think a remake is due at some point. Maybe we won't live long enough to see it though. But I tend to think that, if the HP books become classics as I suspect, children might be reading the series 100+ years from now (as I did with Tom Sawyer :)).

Hopefully they find children that have such a good chemistry as Dan, Rupert and Emma. Especially the ones playing R/Hr because they'll have to sell the aundience that they are romantically involved. And that could be a problem, as you cannot predict if such teenagers are going to have natural chemistry or not later on.

Luckily, it happened (in LARGE amounts) with R/E. However, the opposite can be said about D/B even though they've known each other for just as long.(Please don't hate me Katharine! I'm just talking about the actors and not their characters! :yesyes: XX)

Well, for me I really would like to see an extra scene like at the beginning of the film with a little sweet moment between Hermione and Ron. Wasn't there word along time ago that Emma and Rupert filmed their own scene together at Shell

Cottage... alone? I really hope so.

@cbmac, we got a much more canon Ron during DH. That's why I mentioned that some people are saying that he got corageous 'all of a sudden'.

They obviously haven't opened the books so I'm not gonna bother with such nonsense. But still hurts me that Ron is so poorly treated and underestimated by some because that's not the way JK Rowling wrote him.

@rupertandemmagrint, I actually would like an animated version of the movies. That looks like a good idea. We already have the HP Lego games and no one has a problem with that. :)

But I think a remake is due at some point. Maybe we won't live long enough to see it though. But I tend to think that, if the HP books become classics as I suspect, children might be reading the series 100+ years from now (as I did with Tom Sawyer :)).

Hopefully they find children that have such a good chemistry as Dan, Rupert and Emma. Especially the ones playing R/Hr because they'll have to sell the aundience that they are romantically involved. And that could be a problem, as you cannot predict if such teenagers are going to have natural chemistry or not later on.

Luckily, it happened (in LARGE amounts) with R/E. However, the opposite can be said about D/B even though they've known each other for just as long.(Please don't hate me Katharine! I'm just talking about the actors and not their characters! :yesyes: XX)

For DH we def got canon Ron... I am w. you vida that I wont even bother hearing/listening to stuff people have to say about Ron-I have heard comments here and there over the years and those I just tune out.

Hmm an animated version? That would be interesting-I would want them to get the trio to do their voices though :) I for one wouldnt ever want to see a remake either to be honest-D/E/R are THE ONLY Harry/Hermione/Ron I would ever want to see. As for the chemistry-look at what happened w. R/E ;) Had they not had unbelievable hot chemistry w. each other, selling them as a couple would have been hard to do but bless R/E for their chemistry ;) But yeah hate to say it Dan/Bonnie- I dont see it sadly.

I've thought about it more, and a more realistic added seen I would like to see involves the epilogue. I guess it's more how the screenwriter and director adapt/portray it onscreen than adding a scene that wasn't in the book. I just want Ron and Hermione to be an affectionate married couple - like as the train departs, they're holding hands or have their arms around each other as they wave goodbye to their kids. (To be honest, when I saw leaked photos of the characters aged for the epilogue, while I did think they were aged too much, when I saw the wedding ring on Ron/Rupert's finger, it made me smile). (rupertemmagrint)...THIS made me all smiles too have to say-to see R/E wearing their wedding rings as R/Hr was too precious to watch :) As for the added scene you described- WOULD LOVE THAT for the epilogue.

RHRFLYWME...the tumblr scene is a spoiler-you can PM me and I tell ya :) As the added scene you said-yes apparently R/E DID go off to film JUST the 2 of them-which makes me hopeful for that spoiler tumblr scene because it sounds BLOODY AWESOME AND TO DIE FOR!!! ;)

Hate you Vida? Never! :P It's a valid point, I don't think movie-H/G have as good a chemistry as they should either, by a long shot. But that's not for this thread...

I like the idea of an animated version, actually. In fact, I like the idea of another version full stop. It will be weird seeing a different trio, but as with remakes of anything, people will get used to it. I love Dan/Rupert/Emma and wouldn't swap them for the world now we've got them, but if they can find another trio of good actors with good chemistry and the characters and script are a LOT more canon, I'm happy. I'd prefer it as a TV series to a film though, both for the amount of screentime and to preserve the identity of the original movies as the most iconic.

Sabine, I love love LOVE your sig!

Uh I guess because I am someone who doesnt like change alot, I dont want anyone else playing our R/Hr... R/E ARE R/Hr ;) I also wouldnt want another Harry-Dan really does make Harry his own doesnt he?

BRING ON R/HR GOODIES WB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Oh Katharine, I'm glad you understood my point! I'm so relieved! :)

The animated series looks like a very cool option for HP, doesn't it? I'd love to have one at some stage.

And the TV version is a very good idea as well. A lot more from the books could be included, and the plot wouldn't feel as rushed either.

As for a remake of the movies, I agree that people would get used to the new cast.

I still remember that, when the actors for HP were being cast, there were rumours about that Haley Osmond (the one who could see dead people in 'Six Sense') was going to play Harry Potter.

And then JK Rowling stepped in and said that the characters needed to be British, just like in the books.

So, what I mean is that we wouldn't have had Dan otherwise and a very different boy would have played the lead instead. But we would have adjusted (just because we wouldn't have known any better).

So, because now we have some parameters that need to be followed, that doesn't necessarily mean that a new, more canon version cannot be made.

Of course that version would have some obstacles from the get go, as imo they cannot predict as I mentioned earlier, if the children they cast will have good chemistry or not later on.

That's why I think many decades will pass before a remake is remade, as they will target a completely new generation(s).