The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Yes HJO ("I see dead people") was supposed to do it... but like ya said vida JKR wanted an all British cast which ROCKED :) I dont think Americans would have done it justice to be honest...it would have been way too "Hollywood" and like this is wasnt. As for remakes...ugh I say enough w. any remakes these days-Flintstones, Beverly Hillbillies, Starsky and Hutch...Hollywood cant come up with original things ya know? I also think if they were to do a remake of HP, it would be an all American cast sadly. Btw I am a Yank! LOL

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cbmac, you made me laugh! I didn't know so many remakes were available! Well, maybe just Starsky and Hutch (here's a BIG fan of Ben Stiller) :P

Well, if a remake is made at some point, I'd like R/Hr to be physically a bit more canon to the books.

I love R/E so please don't take offense. Rupert and Emma deliver their lines as I'd just expect them to do it. That's out of the question because their performances are UNREAL.

However, physically-wise they are a bit different from the books.

For instance, Hermione's hair has been getting blonder and straighter with every movie, which is not right imo.

I feel like Hermione needed to be made 'prettier' than she really was. And that's just a huge difference especially because Emma is already a stunning looking girl, without trying at all! :D

While I never pictured Hermione as 'ugly', I'd say that I've always thought of her as someone 'average' looking that only bothered to look a lot prettier when she decided to (such as the Yule Ball, Slughorns Christmas Party, Bill&Fleur's wedding).

As for Ron, I've always imagined him as taller and very, very thin. And he wasn't as good-looking as Rupert either.

Again, I think the way JK Rowling wrote him makes me think he was average and gawky looking.

But of course it helps to have good-looking people or cute kids in movies. That's nothing new...

While readers fall in love with a character's persona in a book, the same people tend to judge a bit more by the physical appearance in films. Don't you think?

Luciana I couldnt agree MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Ron and Hermione Weasley forever!!!!!!!!!! ;):ohyeah: SO cant wait for DH 2!!!!!!! ;)

Oh I know vida, remakes galore!!! LOL...

I know what ya mean- Hermione and Ron were meant to be average looking and R/E are def anything but...they are both sexy as a couple on the film (in real life too ;)) and I dont think they knew what the 2 cute lil kids would grow up to look like of course. Honestly we lucked out BIG time that R/E chemistry is so freakin hot to watch.

RHRFLYWME- BEAUTIFUL PICS!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Luciana THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST woke up my neighbors w. my screams!!!! ;) THAT PIC OMG!!! :whaa: LOOK AT THEM!!!! From start to finish...sigh Hermione's hero and knight in shining armor!!!! ;) I just lose it when I see how TIGHTLY Ron is holding onto Hermione and she onto him!!!! HER LIFELINE, HIS LIFE in that pic :( BAD BELLATRIX!!!! BOOO LOL

Edited by cbmac12

My favorite scene between R/Hr-they just love each other so much that it hurts when he leaves her :( My other favorite scene when he comes back and she is not exactly quite "welcoming" just yet ;) WE NEED PART 2 NOW!!!! ;)

I've thought about it more, and a more realistic added seen I would like to see involves the epilogue. I guess it's more how the screenwriter and director adapt/portray it onscreen than adding a scene that wasn't in the book. I just want Ron and Hermione to be an affectionate married couple - like as the train departs, they're holding hands or have their arms around each other as they wave goodbye to their kids. (To be honest, when I saw leaked photos of the characters aged for the epilogue, while I did think they were aged too much, when I saw the wedding ring on Ron/Rupert's finger, it made me smile).

I would defintiely love to see them portrayed as a thorougly happy loving married couple that is still touchy-feely in the epilogue. Scratch that. I NEED to see them as a thoroughly happy loving married couple that is still touchy-feely. :) As for an added scene, I kind of hope Ron and Hermione get to talk about what Ron experienced with the locket-horcrux, but I'm not really banking on it.

Of course, if they were to do it animated (I believe Spielberg thought about an animated version), I wouldn't have a problem with it. I guess it's because Daniel, Rupert, and Emma are THE only Harry, Ron, and Hermione for me.

This. Dan, Rupert and Emma are the trio onscreen (I do envision the characters slightly differently while reading, though) and I think I would have a hard time seeing other actors playing them, even in 20 years time or so. An animated version would be different. Maybe as a tv series with every book covereing multiple episodes. Thus, they will be able to inlcude as much as possible from the books. We might get the SPEW subplot and other stuff that has been cut from the movies.

PS Not sure how you can reply to multiple quotes so I just copied and pasted. The first quote is cbmac12 and the second vida.

You can reply to multiple quotes by clicking on the "Multiple Quote" button (right next to the "Quote" button) of every post you want to reply to.

:lol: Luciana, that is hilarious ROFL! :rofl:

And as you said, so true too. Don't mess with woman and her man! Hermione letting out her inner *itch there... and no, I don't mean witch! :o

I can't see the pic. Is it possible to repost it or so. :)

I would defintiely love to see them portrayed as a thorougly happy loving married couple that is still touchy-feely in the epilogue. Scratch that. I NEED to see them as a thoroughly happy loving married couple that is still touchy-feely. As for an added scene, I kind of hope Ron and Hermione get to talk about what Ron experienced with the locket-horcrux, but I'm not really banking on it.

GALADRIEL!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT LAST BIT!!!! Omg to get Ron to tell Hermione what happened in the locket scene- AHHHHHHHHH-PLEASE say this is added...also, that Hermione will tell Ron of what she went thru in Malfoy Manor... hey speaking of we see Hermione on the floor and Bellatrix on top of her-do we think Hermione was crucioed and we didnt see it on screen? I always wondered how she would have gotten Hermione down like that...

To see R/Hr as the happily married, goofy, sexy couple in some scenes in the epilogue would be AWESOME- plus just seeing their rings-I loved when we saw R/E wearing their rings in the BTS :) R/Hr just SOOO freakin meant to be together-book version and movie version ;)