The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

GALADRIEL!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT LAST BIT!!!!

Because I'm a party pooper. LoL. No, seriously, I just want to keep my expectations as low as possible. Which is hard to do anyway what with THE KISS just around the corner. This scene wasn't part of the book - Ron and Hermione talking about the Locket Horcrux, I mean - so it's not very likely it will be added. But I would love to see it. Basically, I would have loved to read about it in the book. I always wondered if, when and how the two talked about the time when Ron left, the effect the locket had on him, what he saw in the Locket-vision and what Hermione endured in MM and how hearing Ron screaming for her kept her sane and alive. Sigh.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading about Ron's jealousy, wondering what Hermione sees in Viktor Krumb as she finished writing a long letter to him in the Gryffindor commom room. It's funny to me that when Ron recieves Hermione's attention, like when she kisses his cheek before his first Quidditch match, he is always a bit surprised, but when ever she gives attention to someone else, that's when Ron really takes notice and his jealousy flairs up. He definitely is somewhat possesive of her and certainly craves her attention. While I know it isn't the healthiest expression of his affections... I still find Ron's jealousy to be endearing in a way, and so typical of the adolescent mind set.

BTW Sabine, I absolutely love your signature! It made me smile and laugh out loud. :lol:

Luciana, the image you posted was taken down... AGAIN!

And I can't see it in my PM either!

I'd hate to think that it's being censored or something... :angry:

Or is it possible that the author herself doesn't want it to be posted here?

I'd like to hear your thoughts. Otherwise a chat with the mods might be due. :yesyes:

Because I'm a party pooper. LoL. No, seriously, I just want to keep my expectations as low as possible. Which is hard to do anyway what with THE KISS just around the corner. This scene wasn't part of the book - Ron and Hermione talking about the Locket Horcrux, I mean - so it's not very likely it will be added. But I would love to see it. Basically, I would have loved to read about it in the book. I always wondered if, when and how the two talked about the time when Ron left, the effect the locket had on him, what he saw in the Locket-vision and what Hermione endured in MM and how hearing Ron screaming for her kept her sane and alive. Sigh.

I would have LOVED for R/Hr to have a discussion about what happened MM and the post-locket reactions in the book too.

I like to think that it happened but, as JK Rowling decided to tell the story from Harry's POV, I think she was limited to write about R/Hr's more intimate moments as Harry would have looked like a creepy stalker otherwise! :lol:

For the same reason, we probably couldn't have the 'I love you's either, as Harry tended to back off whenever he saw their displays of affection... and, most of the times, I agree with him because he must have felt like the third wheel at times (an example is the hand-holding moent in Grimmauld place).

I think he went a little too far when he interrupted THE KISS though. I would have said 'ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!' instead, no matter if the whole castle was falling down around them!

Edited by vida

Oh now I am intrigued as to the picture too Luciana...vida has us doing this right now: :blink: like what is the pic!!! ;)

As for the MM moments, can we just say if they add this to the movie between R/Hr I will get down on my hands and knees to Yates and Kloves and kiss their feet LOL...we HAVE to have an alone moment between R/Hr in Shell Cottage- 1)R/Hr are THE couple in HP and we have to see moments between them and 2)to show the audience what Hermione and Ron were feeling while she was being tortured-when we see Hermione's expression as she is lying on the ground, to me it looks like she was saying "I am not going to make it Ron, goodbye my love". As for the locket nightmare for Ron-ya know we COULD possibly get that when R/Hr have to destroy the cup in CoS-they may show Hermione's nightmares when she tries to kill it and that could be when Ron opens up to her?

Yeah vida, it was told from Harry's POV so that was why we couldnt get the book moments (possibly added movie moments though ;))...as for the KISS- I wanted to take Harry's wand and use MUFFLIATO on him LOL- I was like HARRY JAMES POTTER YOU DID NOT JUST INTERRUPT THEM!!!!! Argh... THIS is why I am ECSTATIC that R/Hr kiss will be changed-JUST THE TWO OF THEM ;)

I was just reading about Ron's jealousy, wondering what Hermione sees in Viktor Krumb as she finished writing a long letter to him in the Gryffindor commom room. It's funny to me that when Ron recieves Hermione's attention, like when she kisses his cheek before his first Quidditch match, he is always a bit surprised, but when ever she gives attention to someone else, that's when Ron really takes notice and his jealousy flairs up. He definitely is somewhat possesive of her and certainly craves her attention. While I know it isn't the healthiest expression of his affections... I still find Ron's jealousy to be endearing in a way, and so typical of the adolescent mind set.

I think Ron, as the sixth boy in the family, kind of got overlooked too many a time in the family. Not purposefully or maliciously, he was loved and well cared for. But he never got the attention Bill as the first born got for example. Or the twins as ... well ... the twins, or Ginny as the youngest and only girl. Therefore, Ron naturally was craving attention and recognition, as we could see in the MIrror of Erised. Of course when it comes to the object of your affection, you want to be noticed, just that Hermione tended to play her cards close to her chest and she didn't allow herself too often to show her feelings for Ron. Plus, she was often distracted by Harry's latest life-threatening adventure. So, when she showed Ron attention and affection he was caught off-guard, because he didn't really expect it. However, when Herminoe showed attention to other boys, he thought it normal. And Ron was a very insecure person and I imagine jealousy, which is a normal sentiment we've all felt once in a while, comes out stronger in insecure people. So, I wouldn't say it's unhealthy, but just a normal feeling exacerbated in Ron by his insecurity. And I find it endearing too. :blush:

BTW Sabine, I absolutely love your signature! It made me smile and laugh out loud. :lol:

Thanks, Jon. There are so many amazing signatures on here and I was thinking about what kind of signature to use for myself. Then I thought, since we anticipate THE KISS so much and since we've labelled 2011 The Year of THE KISS - thanks to Luciana - that a pic of the already legendary R/Hr kiss is the only fitting signature for me. :)

I think he went a little too far when he interrupted THE KISS though. I would have said 'ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!' instead, no matter if the whole castle was falling down around them!

Oh yes. Why did he have to interrupt THE KISS? Couldn't he just give them, idk, a couple of hours more? LoL But then again, I guess them being in the midst of a huge battle was kind of more pressing. But only slightly. ;)

As for the MM moments, can we just say if they add this to the movie between R/Hr I will get down on my hands and knees to Yates and Kloves and kiss their feet LOL...

There is no way in the world I will ever kiss Mr Kloves' feet. B) Edited by galadriel12

I think Ron, as the sixth boy in the family, kind of got overlooked too many a time in the family. Not purposefully or maliciously, he was loved and well cared for. But he never got the attention Bill as the first born got for example. Or the twins as ... well ... the twins, or Ginny as the youngest and only girl. Therefore, Ron naturally was craving attention and recognition, as we could see in the MIrror of Erised. Of course when it comes to the object of your affection, you want to be noticed, just that Hermione tended to play her cards close to her chest and she didn't allow herself too often to show her feelings for Ron. Plus, she was often distracted by Harry's latest life-threatening adventure. So, when she showed Ron attention and affection he was caught off-guard, because he didn't really expect it. However, when Herminoe showed attention to other boys, he thought it normal. And Ron was a very insecure person and I imagine jealousy, which is a normal sentiment we've all felt once in a while, comes out stronger in insecure people. So, I wouldn't say it's unhealthy, but just a normal feeling exacerbated in Ron by his insecurity. And I find it endearing too. :blush:

Beautifully said. Wholeheartedly agree. :yesyes:

Thank you Sabine, I agree with Katherine and Vida in your analysis of Ron. It's funny sometimes how I throw my personal feelings into the characters I read about. I so identify with Ron sometimes that i think I can slant my interpritations of how he feels towards how I've felt about things in the past. Thank you for lending an objective view to my favorite character in the Harry Potter series. I truly am grateful for the opinions and analysis that I read here from so many intelligent and thoughtful people. You women, and the occasional guy (pete from time to time :P) help me see the characters and read the books with a heightened sense of understanding and appreciation. I wish there were an applause smiley, not that, that would even capture my gratitude, but that I might approximate something remotely like the value I've gained from reading the insights of my fellow R/Hr shippers. :sob:

Very good post! I 100% agree.

Thank you Sabine, I agree with Katherine and Vida in your analysis of Ron. It's funny sometimes how I throw my personal feelings into the characters I read about. I so identify with Ron sometimes that i think I can slant my interpritations of how he feels towards how I've felt about things in the past. Thank you for lending an objective view to my favorite character in the Harry Potter series. I truly am grateful for the opinions and analysis that I read here from so many intelligent and thoughtful people. You women, and the occasional guy (pete from time to time :P) help me see the characters and read the books with a heightened sense of understanding and appreciation. I wish there were an applause smiley, not that, that would even capture my gratitude, but that I might approximate something remotely like the value I've gained from reading the insights of my fellow R/Hr shippers. :sob:

^

And this is also one of the main reasons why I loved these books so much,these character feels so real.

The characters feel very real, I agree. But I also love the books because they are filled with so many wonderful quotes...

'If you want to know what a man's like, take a look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals'. (Sirius Black)

'To the well organised mind, death is nothing but the next great adventure'. (A. Dumbledore)

'It's our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are far more than our abilities'. (A. Dumbledore)

'Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest pleasure'. (R. Ravenclaw)

And I could go on forever... (please excuse me if I paraphrased some because I don't have the books with me at the moment so I'm just going from memory). :)

PS. Jon, just saw you won 'Nicest member'. Congrats!

I knew you'd do well! :yesyes:

Edited by vida

I love you're quotes Vida, and it is so true. Really the way Harry, Ron and Hermione conduct themselves are really a true testament to the bonds of friendship, and things we could all do well to build our relationships with our friends around.

I hope you put those quotes in the quotes thread too! :o

Thanks for the congratulations too. :blush:

*runs off to write them!*

Despite the fact that they are magicians, they fight and evil force, and encounter magical creatures frequently, the characters themselves are very relatable. Especially the scenes where they show vulnerability. Those are extremely well-written.

I fell in love w. these characters-Ron and Hermione especially, and I am talking about the books now-after having read the books, I was like I LOVE Ron/Hermione!!! But I also loved Sirius and Lupin as well. I just love them all, but R/Hr being my favorites-it also helped to have the chemistry b/w R/E all those years to just enhance my love for R/Hr :)

Ok jon, fess up time- who did ya pay off? ;) j/k... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)

Absolutely agreed. I think the main reason the series is so popular, really, is that not only is it magical and exciting and inventive, but in spite of the crazy world JKR invented, there are these very real, three-dimensional characters at the centre of them which makes the stories themselves seem actually not that impossible. We could do with more characters like that in fiction today.

Oh and congratulations Jon! :D

Thank you Kristen and Katharine! :doh: Too bad I couldn't nominate everyone here for the award! :sob::yesyes:

Thanks for contributing to the quotes thread vida! :ohyeah:

You see! It's those kinds of comments that won it for me! :ohyeah::king::blush::doh:

As I continue to read through OOTP it's obvious how much Ron is beginning to secretly pine for Hermione. I wonder how much of seeing Harry with Cho, made Ron start to want to impress Hermione a little more. He also sees Hermione writing to Viktor Krumb, so he's probably feeling left behind again, enforcing many of the issues he had being the youngest boy in the family too. Even when Ron goes out with Lavendar, you ALWAYS get the sense that it's Hermoine and him. Sometimes I considered Cho with Harry, sometimes I considered the possibility of Luna with Harry and ofc, I considered Ginny with Harry. I considered the possibility of Hermione with Krumb as a legitimate relationship too, but I never thought of Ron as being with ANYONE but Hermione. Lavendar was kind of that out-of-left-field fling. It didn't even seem like they were dating to me. -shrugs-

Congrats, Jon. :king: I didn't even know there was such a vote going on, but then again, how could I have chosen between all my R/Hr friends on here? Nonetheless, well deserved, Jon.

I agree with all of you on the relatability of the characters. They can do magic, but aside from that, they have the same problems, feelings, wishes, faults, virtues, values or dreams as we all have. And the relationships they have with family, friends, partners, are of the same kind as the relationships we have. That's why we relate. To some characters more than others. I personally always saw familiar things in all three, Harry, Ron and Hermione. But I think I can relate to Ron the most. I know all of his insecurites, the feeling of not being good enough, not matching up to my own expectations. Like Ron, I grew out of (most of ;) ) them, but reading about all of that, I recognized and remembered a lot.

Jon, I too always saw Ron with Hermione. And vice versa. I am one of the people who doubts Hermione ever really had a relationship with Krum. I think they had a friendship. I think Krum wanted more, but Hermione - while being curious and flattered - was hesitant, because I think she already was aware of her feelings for Ron. I even doubt that snogging Ginny was talking about really happened. She might have assumed it happened because of all the rumours surrounding Hermione and Krum during the Triwizard Tournament. Hermione might have kissed Krum once, if only out of curiosity, but I doubt there was constant full-on snogging going on. Just my take on it.

Oh, gotta love this thread... and its people! :yesyes:

No matter how long we've known each other, our conversation always flows so naturally.

And we always take time to chat about THE COUPLE of all couples in the HP books: Ron and Hermione. :wub:

I truly never considered Lavender nor Viktor as potential partners for Ron or Hermione.

As Jon said, there was something in the way JK Rowling wrote R/L relationship that made you feel straightaway that Ron wasn't in the least interested in her and just snogged Lavender out of revenge, and to annoy Hermione.

But I also agree with Sabine as I never thought about Hr/V as a real couple either. Even if I wasn't really sure where Hermione's true feelings lay at the time (as she was always the most reserved one), I've always thought Hermione saw herself as 'just a friend' with Krum.

Maybe she snogged him just once (the only time that Ginny knows about), but I tend to think that after that one and only time she realised she didn't really liked him in the same way she liked Ron, and decided to remain friends from then on.

Possibly Krum was truly interested in her but, although that fact it may have flattered Hermione, I don't think she has ever been the type of girl who would lead someone on when she was clearly not interested. Not at all. :)

ITA vida- Hermione would never have led Krum on-I do believe in all honesty that even though Krum was 17, Hermione 14, he definitely was interested in her-she intrigued him-she was vastly more mature than the rest of the girls and I think Krum knew that. As for Lavender-pfft she wanted Ron because Lavender saw Ron as being "King" and Mr. Popular and for Lavender to not have that as her boyfriend would have been unacceptbale. Ron dating Lavender was totally in response to his clear hurt by Krum and Hermione's "relationship" ... Ron def dated Lav-Lav to tick off Hermione and make her jealous. Sigh ya gotta love these 2 but at times, ya just wanted to stupify them both, lock them up, and finally let out those feelings, which of course was real love :)

Guys, I guess most of you have seen the latest outtakes from the EW 2009 photoshoot with Rupert and Emma on the R/E thread. But since not every HeRo is an R/E shipper too, here is a link to the pics ICM gallery

I don't ship R/E, but I love seeing pics like those, because I like to think of them as Ron and Hermione posing for their engagement photos. :ohyeah:

Edited by galadriel12

I don't ship R/E, but I love seeing pics like those, because I like to think of them as Ron and Hermione posing for their engagement photos. :ohyeah:

lol same!!!

when I saw the pics I was thinking "how on earth am I going to get rid of those pink stripes on Emma's jacket to make her look like Hermione for their wedding pic???"

Still haven't quite figured that out yet lol. :P

Edited by ~Roni~

Guys, I guess most of you have seen the latest outtakes from the EW 2009 photoshoot with Rupert and Emma on the R/E thread. But since not every HeRo is an R/E shipper too, here is a link to the pics ICM gallery

Agreed. And I see these lovely pictures as R/Hr promotion. I mean they paired Harry and Ginny too and I havent heard of many Dan/Bonnie shippers.