The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Random Things Discussion

uh I just felt our winter is nothing to yours

Ours is nothing comparing to Siberia tho :P They have -40 and more :P

WOW My winter is about 22ºC, and that's cold for me... I'd die with -22ºC!

22 :P that's when I'd go to the beach :P

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 :P that's when I'd go to the beach :P

I don't like the beach, but there, the weather is about 30ºC

i heard summer in New Zealand is not that hot

I love the weather of New Zealand by the way

HAPPY 1ST DECEMBER EVERYONE! EAT YOUR CHOCOLATE!

LOL, the ironic thing is I'm trying to cut back on the dreadful(ly good) chocolate!

Speaking of weather, New Zealand sounds like an interesting place to visit. How are the winters there, dreadfully cold? I've yet to be out of country.

I had a graduation trip planned for Spain, France, Italy, and Greece a year and a half ago. Fail. Not enough money. :(

It's like 37 degrees here (Farenheight...I am really confuzzled with the Celcius scale). I guess 37 degrees F would equate to...(*runs to check*) 2.2 degrees C. I'm near NY, so it's almost winter here.

I consider it a bit cold. I love it, though. It's brisk, crisp, and keeps me awake. :)

yea, it depends where about you are in NZ, and what you consider hot. We regularly get 28 degree days in full Summer, but we also get a few colder days in between. The North Island gets a lot warmer temperatures than we do down South though.

28? thats like Spring in Sydney, and Winter in the Northern Territory . We'd have 30-37 in full Summer, 40+ in the Northern Territory... geez i sounded like the weatherman hahaha

why dont youse go Australia, it's summer here and it's nice hahahaha...

Far away :P

yayyy schools closed in london

I wish they'd close them here :P but even if it's closed, colleges and uni's are still open even if it would get -40 -.- Meh sometimes I feel like we're in a jail, don't go there, don't do this, do this and that, no one cares about what you like and don't and bla bla bla.. it was MUCH easier at school >.< no one cared if you skip classes or get a bad mark.

I wish they'd close them here :P but even if it's closed, colleges and uni's are still open even if it would get -40 -.- Meh sometimes I feel like we're in a jail, don't go there, don't do this, do this and that, no one cares about what you like and don't and bla bla bla.. it was MUCH easier at school >.< no one cared if you skip classes or get a bad mark.

Really? I found regular school to be much more intensive. You needed top grades to get into a university or college and once you're in professors rarely care if you skip class or get good grades. It's all on you whether or not you want to succeed.

Speaking of weather, New Zealand sounds like an interesting place to visit. How are the winters there, dreadfully cold? I've yet to be out of country.

I had a graduation trip planned for Spain, France, Italy, and Greece a year and a half ago. Fail. Not enough money. :(

It's like 37 degrees here (Farenheight...I am really confuzzled with the Celcius scale). I guess 37 degrees F would equate to...(*runs to check*) 2.2 degrees C. I'm near NY, so it's almost winter here.

I consider it a bit cold. I love it, though. It's brisk, crisp, and keeps me awake. :)

Winters here do get cold - but no where close to the extremes that other countries have! Down where I live isn't always guaranteed snow, and it sits about 0 celcius or a bit higher. Its a very mellow sort of place regarding weather. But then we have INCREDIBLE skiing and other winter things, so it doesnt matter at all what the temp is :P haha and aww! I hope you get to come over here and to all those countries in Europe one day! and haha I honestly dont know anything about Fahrenheit - i'd have to google it to convert it! I'm going to England for the year in January, and apparently its snowing like MAD over there! So i'm very very excited - I LOVE snow! Even though i'm missing out on most of my summer... :P

28? thats like Spring in Sydney, and Winter in the Northern Territory . We'd have 30-37 in full Summer, 40+ in the Northern Territory... geez i sounded like the weatherman hahaha

Of course Oz is hotter! It gets pretty damn hot in WA too. I have family that live in Perth and Kalgoorlie and we've been to visit them, and it was 42 on Christmas day a few years ago. That is waaay too hot for me. Give me my 27 anyday...

Really? I found regular school to be much more intensive. You needed top grades to get into a university or college and once you're in professors rarely care if you skip class or get good grades. It's all on you whether or not you want to succeed.

Yeah. I thought so as well but they care about everything, if you skip a class, they'll find out where have you been, what you did etc, for instance a girl in my class went to Moscow as she said to visit her grandma, later they found out that she went to the concert and her grandma didn't even know that she was supposed to come. They control you all the time >.< Strict and stupid rules, stupid system but it's a prestigious college, it was rly hard to get in, I must be a good girl. If you get a bad mark at control exams, they'll blame you and will force you to re-write, if you get a bad mark again, they'll talk seriously to you and you may get kicked out. And school? You skipped a class "aw bad, don't do it again" skipped again, they don't care, got a bad mark? who cares? It's your problem.

Of course Oz is hotter! It gets pretty damn hot in WA too. I have family that live in Perth and Kalgoorlie and we've been to visit them, and it was 42 on Christmas day a few years ago. That is waaay too hot for me. Give me my 27 anyday...

27 is our winter hahaha.. but i'd love to go NZ, i mean at least youse got snow down there... we got nada, nil, none, no snow, except in the snowy (Thredbo) five hours drive from Sydney which sucks. but we got beaches so im happy...

im sorry for the guys who lives in Europe, hang in there.. summer is coming in 3-4 months hahaha