The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Not true.

Just looking through the posts, you were being antagonistic toward sirbenedictvs. Then Lena got in on it and you and sirbenedictvs and Lena went at it before I ever got involved.

LOL where was I being antagonistic toward Jeremy? I was saying that I find it a little disturbing how people celebrated a death like it's new years eve. Don't twist stuff I said dude.

Edited by I am Not Purple
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this exonerates Germany how? As I recall he was the German head of state during the holocaust.

Cause you said 'his boy'! He's Richie's boy as much as Mussolini was yours...and yeah,he was the German head of state,but Bush was yours and you don't see us callin' you out.

You wanna talk slaughter? Aren't you from Germany? How bout your boy Hitler. You got no room to talk buddy. You've stepped in something you don't understand man. Now I suggest you just step off guy.

lolwut? That's your come back to the native americans slaughter? Hitler? Excuse me but you're the one who talked about "our freedom that we have fought so hard for for the last 2+ centuries" using "we" plural. I Am Not Purple never said that he's proud his boy Hitler fought for Germany's freedom slaughtering other people. And he's got much room to talk. And he as well as me as well as everyone understands the same amount as you do.

And as Flying Kiwi said we're all humans, we equally mourn about humans loses. How can you say he doesn't understand the 9/11 incident as much as you? -Unless you've lost a beloved person back then-

Ok guys seriously? Most of you are 20+ and you want to have a petty argument about something like this, come on now.

Lets all stop playing off stereotypes shan't we? Sure America pushed back the native Americans, but you want to know what actually killed the majority of them? Disease, it's called a Virgin Soil Epidemic, and it wasn't caused by Americans it was caused by early European settlers. The rest was resettling and pushing back of the native Americans sure, but it wasn't a genocide. The closest thing to that is the Trail of Tears march, which was absolutely horrible and sad, but not a total all out genocide on Indians in America.

On the subject of Hitler not every German was a nazi nor did they all support the holocaust and purification efforts. Ever heard of the swing kids in Hamburg or the German Resistance? Even Nazi's actually tried to stop genocide (shocker!), take John Rabe in China who protected several thousand Chinese from Japanese atrocities.

Stop playing off of petty stereotypes in order to insult one another, it's just sickening.

Well, I will not start the 'blaming game' now so I'll just say: The argument happened. C'est la vie.

Yes i love emma, we're aware that it's an bin Laden thread.

Edited by I am Not Purple

Ok guys seriously? Most of you are 20+ and you want to have a petty argument about something like this, come on now.

Lets all stop playing off stereotypes shan't we? Sure America pushed back the native Americans, but you want to know what actually killed the majority of them? Disease, it's call a Virgin Soil Epidemic, and it wasn't caused by Americans it was caused by early European settlers. The rest was resettling and pushing back of the native Americans sure, but it wasn't a genocide. The closest thing to that is the Trail of Tears march, which was absolutely horrible and sad, but not a total all out genocide on Indians in America.

On the subject of Hitler not every German was a nazi nor did they all support the holocaust and purification efforts. Ever heard of the swing kids in Hamburg or the German Resistance? Even Nazi's actually tried to stop genocide (shocker!), take John Rabe in China who protected several thousand Chinese from Japanese atrocities.

Stop playing off of petty stereotypes in order to insult one another, it's just sickening.

Good points all. I'm feelin' ya.

I usually look the other way when people on here get hot and bothered or opinionated about something but when someone goes running down my country, I take a stand.

You do know that Al-Qaeda did not only attack America? Yes,9/11 was the worst,but people seem to forget what happened in Spain in '04 and London in '05 just to name a few. You're not the only ones who suffered the attacks...

P.S. Richie is German,Hitler was Austrian ;)

More British citizens died when the WTC fell than the London train bombing of 2005.

Hitler was Austrian, emigrated to Germany, failed art school, started the SA, started the Nazi movement and was voted into power by the German people.

---

In either case I do not want to use this argument because it's irrelevant. Same goes with the argument about the Native Americans. We've changed since then, same with the Germans. Hell, it's illegal to even mention Hitler or the Nazis in Germany (other than in the derogatory sense).

Dude that's the beauty of it. We all have our beliefs and opinions about everything, and we all should be allowed to debate them to the end. But at the end of the day we can all share a beer as friends.

I think that Bin Laden definatley diserved to die, even if he wasnt armed.

I think the reports say that bin Laden returned fire on the strike team. I don't know but if you fired a weapon at US special operations, you get two in the chest and one in the head.

I usually look the other way when people on here get hot and bothered or opinionated about something but when someone goes running down my country, I take a stand

Amen brotha

Edited by sirbenedictvs

Hitler was Austrian, emigrated to Germany, failed art school, started the SA, started the Nazi movement and was voted into power by the German people.

Here I have to inform you that it's not quite accurate. What we know nowadays is that by the time Hitler got chancellor, his party lost so many voters that he couldn't form any goverment on his own. Hitlter was supported by industrialists who made sure he'd get into office because he made a contract with them. Without the help of those people he'd never be the chancellor of Germany.

Dude that's the beauty of it. We all have our beliefs and opinions about everything, and we all should be allowed to debate them to the end. But at the end of the day we can all share a beer as friends.

+1

Here I have to inform you that it's not quite accurate. What we know nowadays is that by the time Hitler got chancellor, his party lost so many voters that he couldn't form any goverment on his own. Hitlter was supported by industrialists who made sure he'd get into office because he made a contract with them. Without the help of those people he'd never be the chancellor of Germany.

You're sugar coating a turd.

The White House is debating whether to release a photo of his body. Personally I'm satisfied as it is; no need to fan the flames of a potentially volatile situation. Who knows what the release of his photo would do. Another rumor is that there may have been a live video of the assault, whether that video was a surface feed from one of the assaulters or from an overhead drone. Nothing was confirmed but at this point, there can only be speculation.

The White House is debating whether to release a photo of his body. Personally I'm satisfied as it is; no need to fan the flames of a potentially volatile situation. Who knows what the release of his photo would do. Another rumor is that there may have been a live video of the assault, whether that video was a surface feed from one of the assaulters or from an overhead drone. Nothing was confirmed but at this point, there can only be speculation.

Well I'd like to see it tbh. I can't quite understand why they got rid of the body so quickly (yes I know they say because of his religion) but still. Would you throw away such high valuable evidence in the ocean? I mean seriously.

Well I'd like to see it tbh. I can't quite understand why they got rid of the body so quickly (yes I know they say because of his religion) but still. Would you throw away such high valuable evidence in the ocean? I mean seriously.

About that... I've read from several sources (quite hastily) that a land burial was the proper way to lay a Muslim to rest. He should have been buried in the very clothes he died in (because he was martyred) facing Mecca, as soon as possible after death. Supposedly a sea burial is permitted for several reasons including preventing someone to find and mutilate the body after burial. So I guess a sea burial would have been proper considering his remains may be very valuable to some.

I think the release of a photo would put an end to the conspiracies and rumours though. Which would be good, because half the nation is still in the belief that he's out there somewhere.. and that it was just another move from Obama to raise his votes.

Religion? Isn't Islam against burying in the sea :/

It's ridiculous the scare that's been caused! My friends refuse to go on trains now and get scared every time they see a bearded man with a suitcase incase he's a symbol of Al Qaeda's threats. Lol. Peace? Yeah right! Dead or alive, the fears never going to go away from some people, and the organization isn't going to fade away.

I think the release of a photo would put an end to the conspiracies and rumours though. Which would be good, because half the nation is still in the belief that he's out there somewhere.. and that it was just another move from Obama to raise his votes.

Yeah I agree.

Religion? Isn't Islam against burying in the sea :/

Well thats their excuse from what I've heard lol.

It's ridiculous the scare that's been caused! My friends refuse to go on trains now and get scared every time they see a bearded man with a suitcase incase he's a symbol of Al Qaeda's threats. Lol. Peace? Yeah right! Dead or alive, the fears never going to go away from some people, and the organization isn't going to fade away.

And again I agree.

Let's face it ppl, we will never have real proof, not even with a photo. I mean we're talking about the US government here! I'm not a conspiracy theorist and personally I believe ObL is dead, but if anyone could manufacture pics that show exactly what they wanted you to see, it's the govt!