The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Who was the first person you talked to on the forum?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Oh, I just realised I've still got about a thousand notification e-mails in my archive! So, let's see...

I registered on 3 August 2007.

I received my first personal message on 9 August by someone called Perspective~. Subject: "Hi". The first member I clearly remember having contact with was Enso. On 29 August, he sent me a message titled "yo". I then apparently had an extensive exchange with someone called ~*M i e z Z*~ about her not being able to access the then brand-new official website, and with au naturel, who was from the Netherlands if I remember correctly. 4 September saw the first message from pealegs ("Re:'ello"), who was actually one of the guesses in my first post in this topic. On 5 September, I got a message from KS987 - he might still be around. Eric (7 September) I remember well. I think he was going to be doctor.

Then, on 14 September, I got a message from Little Dave ("WB"), and he's not only still around (albeit occasionally), but he's still got the same username! 16 September: Maestro (no idea who that was). It wasn't until 27 September that my conversations with Neve started ("Re:Time"). 26 October saw the beginning of our little biopic movie trailer project "A Little Bit of Magic" (Subject: "weird, weird, WEIRD idea"). I didn't actually receive a message from Jo (then called Jo_) until 4 December (Subject: "heeey").

Ah, the memories...

• 2 months later...

Oh, I just realised I've still got about a thousand notification e-mails in my archive! So, let's see...

I registered on 3 August 2007.

I received my first personal message on 9 August by someone called Perspective~. Subject: "Hi". The first member I clearly remember having contact with was Enso. On 29 August, he sent me a message titled "yo". I then apparently had an extensive exchange with someone called ~*M i e z Z*~ about her not being able to access the then brand-new official website, and with au naturel, who was from the Netherlands if I remember correctly. 4 September saw the first message from pealegs ("Re:'ello"), who was actually one of the guesses in my first post in this topic. On 5 September, I got a message from KS987 - he might still be around. Eric (7 September) I remember well. I think he was going to be doctor.

Then, on 14 September, I got a message from Little Dave ("WB"), and he's not only still around (albeit occasionally), but he's still got the same username! 16 September: Maestro (no idea who that was). It wasn't until 27 September that my conversations with Neve started ("Re:Time"). 26 October saw the beginning of our little biopic movie trailer project "A Little Bit of Magic" (Subject: "weird, weird, WEIRD idea"). I didn't actually receive a message from Jo (then called Jo_) until 4 December (Subject: "heeey").

Ah, the memories...

Yeah I'm still here.

I forget who I first talked to though.

• 2 weeks later...

I think today or near today is actually my 3 year anniversary of being an ew forum member. I was a bit late-coming to the forums as I'm a bit older than most here and didn't get into the HP series until I was well into my adulthood.

First people I spoke with on the old forum were start.a.revolution (Alex), vida, cbmac (Kristin), Dumbledore's Woman (Katharine), Pat and Luciana. Still speak with Kristin and Katharine from time to time and hear from Luciana once in a blue moon and Alex once in two or three blue moons =P. :hug: *to all*

First people on the new forum I spoke with were Carlyn, Kimberley, Nora and Ariebella (I had befriended Kimberley, Nora and Arie on the old forum and Carlyn here). :hug: *to all*

Edited by Mr. Pumpkinhead
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it was in 2007 when I first joined. And it could've been only dook. :P I was (well technically still am) a moderator in the ew.net chat. So I knew him. I asked a couple questions about how the forum works, because it was my first time using one (noob). 

Second person must've been TootieFrootie.

• 1 month later...

Well that's very hard for me to do as I have 20,416 letters in my email-box, which is crazy and once I tried to clean it at least a bit, it's unreal. So I tried to find when I joined the forums for 1-st time. So I went to 2008, the year when I joined ew.net. So yeah, I joined the forums in march 2008. And the 1-st ppl I talked to as far as I can remember: Josh (The.Great/the Chosen.one) and all the rest who I firstly talked to in the ew chat but can't remember exactly who. Now I feel nostalgic and keep reading my sweet old e-mails <3 :(