The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Don't worry Kristen, vida and I will set up the movie projector on a constant loop of the HP movies for you after we comfortably strap you into your bed with your Gryffindor sheets and read to you from The Beadle and the Bard as you sip your pumpkin juice before you go to sleep. >.<

Um, is it bad that I actually find that quite an attractive prospect? Can I have gryffindor sheets and pumpkin juice and Beadle and the Bard and the movies on repeat too please? :unsure::blush:

rupert&emmagrint, the video you posted was just lovely. Ron's story makes my heart melt.

LOL Sabine, ok you can be the most senile :P Maybe the rest of us should just stick to plain crazy :D:P

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, is it bad that I actually find that quite an attractive prospect? Can I have gryffindor sheets and pumpkin juice and Beadle and the Bard and the movies on repeat too please? :unsure::blush:

rupert&emmagrint, the video you posted was just lovely. Ron's story makes my heart melt.

LOL Sabine, ok you can be the most senile :P Maybe the rest of us should just stick to plain crazy :D:P

St Mungo's the place to be! Maybe we should all watch Part 2 there... it'll be easier for the rest of the world if we are already locked up by then. :D

Please help me out here. How does the scarf help the Snatchers to find the trio?  And how would it help Ron to find Harry and Hermione again. And if it did, why hasn't it? I'm sure the place Ron left them would be the first he looked for them when he came back. Just like in the book. The scarf couldn't help anyone with anything, IMO. Unless I'm missing something. But if my book knowledge doesn't fail me, Ron would just have seen the scarf but he wouldn't know where they apparated from there. And they put up protective enchantments too. It was Ron's luck Harry followed the Silver Doe into the Forest without any precautions.

As Greyback is a werewolf, the scarf perfume would have guided them to Hermione.

I found the plot pointless tbh. Other than to create a bit of tension in regards to H/Hr being followed, it was completely absurd in regards to Ron.

It was obvious that he would not be able to find H/Hr in the same place he left them, as they were constantly in the move. Moreso, Ron would have assumed it was even riskier for H/Hr to remain in the same place as someone might have seen him coming out of the circle of protective enchantments Hermione cast.

Oh Kloves... :rolleyes:

Really? Where did she say that? I always thought I knew most of JKR's interviews. I think I recall her explaining that Hermione never became an Auror, because basically she wasn't the action type. More the academic type. But that she would be too worried about her husband Ron, the love of her life.   :wub:  

Well, yes, you and I said more or less the same thing. lol

But I'm 99% sure I would have read -or heard- it in Mugglenet. That was my #1 site while the books were being written. I was there for all the Mugglecasts with Emerson and Melissa (from the Leaky Cauldron) and the live-chats with JKR.

Talking about crazy... :blink:

Edited by vida

Good, I'm glad we've established that you pretty much have to be either senile or crazy to be a Ron/Hermione Shipper! Now we can move on with the R/Hr goodness! :D

I'm sorry all, feel free to talk about any of the spoilers you want to here (at least if you're concerned about my response/reaction). I already read the one that was posted concerning the beginning of DH Part II. I'm not gonna hold out this time. We have limited time to discuss our favorite ship possibly with the end of the series fast approaching, and I don't want to miss any of that any more. :(

AHHHH that FF Laura!!!!!!!!!!!! :( It was sadder than I realized it would be-hearing Ron helping her-what I love is the parallel to the splinching of Ron there girl!! NICE...cant wait for more!!

WHO made this beautiful video? ;) I say we need a movie of just R/Hr-who's w. me? ;)

As for the scarf-then I guess the Snatchers just found the scarf and eventually were able to track them down later on.

'Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part Two has been pulled from theatres today as it caused vast majorities of its viewing audiences to go into cardiac arrest. The scene in question is believed to include the film's main love interest, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger'

I can see it now...

SO CAN I LAURA SO CAN I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) We wont make it to the kiss if we have a scene like that ONE described ;) hehe...jon do ya want to hear? Agree we are crazy, senile or maybe even both-the pre-requites for being a R/Hr shipper ;)

Good, I'm glad we've established that you pretty much have to be either senile or crazy to be a Ron/Hermione Shipper! Now we can move on with the R/Hr goodness! :D

There's crazier than us R/E shippers, though... :rolleyes:

But all the better if they are at St Mungo's as well so we can laugh at them - and their constant whinging.

'Accio Brain!' as our dear Ron would say.

I'm sorry all, feel free to talk about any of the spoilers you want to here (at least if you're concerned about my response/reaction). I already read the one that was posted concerning the beginning of DH Part II. I'm not gonna hold out this time. We have limited time to discuss our favorite ship possibly with the end of the series fast approaching, and I don't want to miss any of that any more. :(

Good! So can we all discuss in the open how wonderful those first three minutes on DH part 2 will be?

I really don't want to get to excited just in case (I'd rather take caution after my disappointment with H/R during part 1) but it really looks promising for our CANON ship.

As much as I'd like to have CANON moments from the book, I'm not going to be mad about having a few extra ones like that one as well, as long as those little bits belong to the CANON couple - and not anyone else...

Have I said CANON enough? lol

I met a lovely 8 year-old girl and her mum today while at the doctor's. She was reading CoS.

I started talking with her and her mum about HP after noticing what she was reading and this girl said two things that turned out to be completely true (even when she doesn't know it yet):

First she said 'I don't think Snape is as bad as he looks. He just doesn't like Harry, but he's good'.

And then she went on to say 'Ron likes Hermione. He's too concerned about her being petrified'.

Obviously, common sense has nothing to do with age. :D

I met a lovely 8 year-old girl and her mum today while at the doctor's. She was reading CoS.

I started talking with her and her mum about HP after noticing what she was reading and this girl said two things that turned out to be completely true (even when she doesn't know it yet):

First she said 'I don't think Snape is as bad as he looks. He just doesn't like Harry, but he's good'.

And then she went on to say 'Ron likes Hermione. He's too concerned about her being petrified'.

Obviously, common sense has nothing to do with age. :D

That's amazing! - how smart is that kid. Well he will be happily surprised when he reaches Deathly Hallows!!

I miss the days when I was a kid, and I would get each book on release day (too young to go to midnight releases - AKA my parents wouldnt take me:()

and I would sit there for hours and hours and hours just reading til I finished the book!!

I want those days back!!!!!

anywho, gotta be off -- got some english lessons today with the kiddies - i shall be back on later hopefully x

Well I'd rather be crazy than delusional any day! :o *hides*

lol, sorry, I just couldn't resist that one. No offence intended, honestly :)

Vida, if I were you I would have just hugged that kid on the spot. Actually, I would have probably dragged her down to WB to tell them how the movies should have been made correctly...

Laura, I miss those times too! Never again do I expect to spend a whole two days so engrossed in a book that I barely even stop for meals. Sure, there are plenty of great stories out there, but we lack the excitement of new releases of a popular series and everyone rushing to read the book first. Twilight does NOT count! :P

omg.

it took me 3 hours to get home from my classes/

5 inches of snow fell in the time i was teaching and all the buses got cancelled!!

I had to walk my entire bus journey to get home!

but thankfully i had my r/hr playlist on my ipod so it was ok :)

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg, you honestly don't know how many times I have stared at the front navigation panel and not seen my dear old shipper forum and just given up in frustration.

My gosh I miss this place so much! So so so many pages that I have missed out on :o I'm going to have to start again from here then :P

Ron and Hermione ♥ :D

That's amazing! - how smart is that kid. Well he will be happily surprised when he reaches Deathly Hallows!!

I miss the days when I was a kid, and I would get each book on release day (too young to go to midnight releases - AKA my parents wouldnt take me:()

and I would sit there for hours and hours and hours just reading til I finished the book!!

I want those days back!!!!!

anywho, gotta be off -- got some english lessons today with the kiddies - i shall be back on later hopefully x

When the Deathly Hallows came out, I couldn't put it down and used a sick day to stay home from work and finish the book.

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg, you honestly don't know how many times I have stared at the front navigation panel and not seen my dear old shipper forum and just given up in frustration.

My gosh I miss this place so much! So so so many pages that I have missed out on :o I'm going to have to start again from here then :P

Ron and Hermione ♥ :D

ALEX!!!! I was wondering why you'd never posted in here! now i knowhahah!

I saw the movie for the second time yesterday. I love it more!!!!

I love so much the Ron's speach scene, it was very tender and sweet!!!! :wub:

Arghh its just the way they look at each other --- sooo perfeccttt!

I love it when he does the 'lets vote on it' thing...perfect :D

Part 2 is going to kill me.....

I hope your professor was a Ron/Hermione shipper Alex! :lol:

Not that there was any doubt... but you proved your ultimate fandom with that comment right there! :D

Oh, btw, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I ended up going back to the store and buying the Harry Potter balloon I said I was a little embarrassed to buy before. Y'all inspired me by your own stories of unyielding devotions to the Harry Potter series and the ships! :)

ALEX!!!! We were wondering where ya went to!!! :)

Omg the piano scene and the voting scenes-LOVELOVELOVE... great thanks yall-now I need to go and see it again ;) Hmmm... tonite hehe...

Laura we got a bit of snow today-nothing grand but covered our ground :)