The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Ron and Hermione Thread

Back to the Sanatorium I am. ;)

Isn't the source for the CoS-KISS spoiler the same as the one for the R/Hr scene alone at Shell Cottage which we had a couple of weeks back? I took that back then with a grain of salt as I would take this spoiler ... had I read it. :lol:

Generally, I really don't mind spoilers, but I feel like I know too much already about the MOVIE-KISS of the Century (let me exaggerate a bit, please). I'm afraid I will get spoiled too much. I really would be devastated if for some reason I got to see THE KISS before I sit in the theater watching the actual movie. And I will restrain myself and not read this one. Lest I love it so much and in the end its not legit and I'll be disappointed.

As for cutting SPEW: I agree that including it would have been a great way to emphasize what kind of wonderful person Hermione is and it would have tied in with R/Hr.

But regarding SPEW as incentive for the kiss, I was always a bit torn to be honest. Already when I read the scene, part of me wondered if it wouldn't have been better had Hermione just jumped Ron because he was .... well... Ron. The man she loved and desired. The man she wanted to be with for some time now. It read a bit like JKR wanted to imply he was only worthy of her kiss now he finally understood and shared her concern for the House-Elves. A bit like Hermione kissed him because of the House-Elves and not because of himself. If that makes any sense. Of course Ron's comment was another proof of how he had matured and grown-up. That's what I liked about it.

According to what I've read on another forum it seems official that we'll get the first trailer for DH2 on January, 24. :ohyeah:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to what I've read on another forum it seems official that we'll get the first trailer for DH2 on January, 24. :ohyeah:

AAHAHA that's a day after my birthday!!!!

omg best birthday present ever lol

Back to the Sanatorium I am. ;)

Isn't the source for the CoS-KISS spoiler the same as the one for the R/Hr scene alone at Shell Cottage which we had a couple of weeks back? I took that back then with a grain of salt as I would take this spoiler ... had I read it. :lol:

Generally, I really don't mind spoilers, but I feel like I know too much already about the MOVIE-KISS of the Century (let me exaggerate a bit, please). I'm afraid I will get spoiled too much. I really would be devastated if for some reason I got to see THE KISS before I sit in the theater watching the actual movie. And I will restrain myself and not read this one. Lest I love it so much and in the end its not legit and I'll be disappointed.

As for cutting SPEW: I agree that including it would have been a great way to emphasize what kind of wonderful person Hermione is and it would have tied in with R/Hr.

But regarding SPEW as incentive for the kiss, I was always a bit torn to be honest. Already when I read the scene, part of me wondered if it wouldn't have been better had Hermione just jumped Ron because he was .... well... Ron. The man she loved and desired. The man she wanted to be with for some time now. It read a bit like JKR wanted to imply he was only worthy of her kiss now he finally understood and shared her concern for the House-Elves. A bit like Hermione kissed him because of the House-Elves and not because of himself. If that makes any sense. Of course Ron's comment was another proof of how he had matured and grown-up. That's what I liked about it.

No, isn't the same source. The other source is "fuckyeahronhermione"

I love when the forum is back on track. I'd wish I had more time to address every single one of these last posts in one go, though. :(

But I'll get there... eventually...

I really think that WB won't show the Kiss scene until the film is released. You know it's one of the most important scene of the film, they aren't stupid.

Absolutely agreed. The other day I read a review about DH part I and the critic, who was just sooo obviously a HP fan and R/Hr shipper, said he was waiting for part II as THE KISS was in it (and that Harry was destroying Voldemort too, which was also important :lol: ).

WB know it will face the anger of 99% of the fans if they decided to leak the kiss...

UNLESS we finally do what we've been plotting so long and decide to break into WB and steal that scene for a private viewing.

I'd take this second option any day... :yesyes:

One persons sanctuary is anothers sanitorium! :lol: *I tease* Your statement really is the truth Alex. Coming here is always a joy, not matter what is going on in our daily lives, these discusions always bring a smile.

BRILLIANT comment!!! :king::lol::rofl:

I agree with the whole thing about the Burrow for Christmas especially... and while I don't really know how much money an Auror makes, I could see Harry and Ron treating their families to a trip, much like the Weasley's did in visiting Egypt, ONE OR TWO YEARS during the turn of the New Year. I say this too, because I could see Ron, who never grew up with a lot of money, really wanting to give his kids and Hermione an experiece that he might of felt he missed out on as a child given the family finances. And ofc, I'm not suggesting that Ron had a bad childhood AT ALL, I just mean, I could see him remembering some of his insecurities surrounding not being able to do the things that other wizarding families may have been able to do, and wanting to give the family an Extra Special treat.

I agree. Even though I don't see Ron particularly putting much thought about money issues, I tend to think he would treat his little ones to things he didn't had the chance to have.

In the Epilogue, JK mentiones that Rosie has new school robes for example. That's something Ron never had and always felt bad about his 'dreadful hand-me-downs', so the fact that he was able to afford such for his little girl would have made him really proud inside. :)

i totally agree with you, kristen, those are the best scenes. but i do love the 7 potters aftermath hug, so sweet. you can tell she really does love him. :ohyeah:

and yes dh will be the death of me too, i cant wait 7 months, dear god, especially to see ron and hermione finally a couple onscreen, omg no i must have that now!!! rupert and emma are da bomb when it comes to chemistry, so you know i cant wait. :excited:

While I love canon I think its allright to cut SPEW. The house elves never had much meaning in the movies anyway. I think how they changed the kiss sounds good too. Hope I'm right.

While I love canon I think its allright to cut SPEW. The house elves never had much meaning in the movies anyway. I think how they changed the kiss sounds good too. Hope I'm right.

Yeah I agree to be honest.

Back for more! :D

'Hermione', I saw you are a Mod now. Congrats! :)

I get what you mean but IMO, the dialogue leading to the kiss was wonderfully written. It made me jump with joy.

I've always considered myself quite similar to Hermione and, as such, the only trait about Ron that REALLY bothered me was his lack of commitment to any creature who wasn't a wizard.

Ron comes from a Pure-Blood family and yet he has little to no interaction with any one of them outside his relatives; his father is a Muggle-lover, his best friend is a Half-Blood... AND he's (secretly) in love with a Muggle-born.

Despite all such, he still believed wizard blood is above the rest of the magical creatures. :(

Hermione was in love with him, but I understand that his lack of self-awareness about that issue was probably the real worry that she had about Ron. Once he became a man and finally understood where she was coming from, she could take it no more and snogged him senseless. :D

I don't think she kissed him because he got her point alone but because she felt overwhelmed by his display of selflessness. He was willing to sacrifice himself and go back to save the house-elves. At that moment where his life was at risk, he had the time to think about Dobby, who saved their lives in Malfoy Manor and sacrificing himself in the process, and then Ron really felt in his heart that saving the elves was the right thing to do.

He started to care and Hermione couldn't hold back any more. No more hesitation left on her part.

I think it's a really beautiful and powerful piece of writing. It really touched me. :wub:

As for the trailer, it really looks like it's Jan 24th indeed! :D

:ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah: RON AND HERMIONE WEASLEY BABY THATS WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) WOHOO!!!!

Vida,I loved everything ya said about about Ron....I was thinking WHAT IF in the CoS, Ron and Hermione are talking about others risking their lives and Ron says something along the lines of the elves in the context of had it not been for Dobby, I wouldnt have you here w. me now Hermione. Then BAM KISS ;)

While I believe Katharine was referencing Rupert and Emma (not Ron/Hermione) in her comment Vida, Your comparison prooves your point! :lol: As I concur (thinking alike again! :o) with your assessment of our friendship in the sense of a more Harry/Hermione type dynamic. And I am grateful to share that with you! :yesyes:

Yes, I was referring to Rupert and Emma :P But perhaps Harry/Hermione is more accurate. Although I'm not sure even Harry would agree with Hermione quite as often as Jon agrees with Vida! Perhaps more Fred and George... ;)

I don't know what to think about the COS scene, really. The kiss itself seems fine to me, but I think they could have made more of the horcrux destruction. Still, perhaps (duh) that'll be more obvious on screen than in the script. That's if all this is real anyway :P

:ohyeah: They are so deserving of that title!!! :yesyes:

SOOO RIGHT vida!!!! VERY deserving!!!!!! :-)

Also Jon belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

That vid of R/Hr-I ADORE that moment-from the start to the finish.

Edited by cbmac12

I can't believe I missed Jon's b-day. Happy belated Birthday, Jon! :ohyeah:

OMG, THAT scene is so wonderful. :wub: Thanks for posting it, Luciana.

And Vida, I agree it was a very pivotal point for Ron to finally show his understanding. That's what I loved about the scenario, as I said. But I am not (yet ;) ) as bothered about them changing this scenario for the movie as I normally would be, being the canon purist I am. I guess I'll have to reserve judgement about how the movie scene works untl I see it. 6 months and 4 days!!!! :D

Ron and Hermione are :king:

:wub:

Yes, I was referring to Rupert and Emma :P But perhaps Harry/Hermione is more accurate. Although I'm not sure even Harry would agree with Hermione quite as often as Jon agrees with Vida! Perhaps more Fred and George... ;)

Fred and George! LOL

I feel honoured!!! :ohyeah:

And Vida, I agree it was a very pivotal point for Ron to finally show his understanding. That's what I loved about the scenario, as I said. But I am not (yet ;) ) as bothered about them changing this scenario for the movie as I normally would be, being the canon purist I am. I guess I'll have to reserve judgement about how the movie scene works untl I see it. 6 months and 4 days!!!! :D

Ron and Hermione are :king:

I don't know how it will play out, but I hope I like it as much as I did with the book version.

I KNOW R/E will sell me a couple in love (LOL), it's just the script -or the lack of- that I'm worried about.

She was clinging to him like dear life... and so was he!

Hope in part 2 we get Hermione to tell Ron that it was actually his 'screams' who got her through the torture... I'm not sure though, as he wasn't actually screaming in the movie, but something along those lines would be great!

:excited: LOOK at how tightly they are hanging on to each other for dear life!! Poor Hermione :sob: The poor thing looks like she is gonna collapse if Ron is not there to hold her up :(

R/E will totally sell a couple in love (I mean they have done that already w. DH 1 as far as I am concerned ;)) and the KISS and DIALOGUE will be FREAKIN epic!!!! :)

Vida, I dont know... we could get Hermione saying you were the one who saved me you know to Ron. Maybe also Hermione saying to Ron "when I looked up and saw you coming out of the stairwell, I knew everything was going to be ok" or she could start off w. "I didnt think I was going to make it"...maybe she can even tell Ron this at SC... I want them to share their fears of that night at Malfoy Manor w. each other.