The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

I know isnt she Luciana? But that has to be the first time I have ever seen her get all proud and gush over his performance-we know she loved his Quidditch scene but the way she describes his DH scenes is just SO freakin sweet....she also said that Rupert's scene over Fred's death was so amazing that she had to tell herself they were acting and couldnt stop because she wanted to say to him he was amazing. AWW Emma-so proud of her ginger man :)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristen, Does Emma make any of these kinds of comments about Dan's acting? I just want to try and get an objective perspective here (maybe I shouldn't be asking any fellow shippers though :P), and I don't know if it's simply my shipperdom that keeps me from noticing her praise of Dan's acting skills, but, I can't help but notice that her praise is almost exclusively reserved for Rupert. Now in fairness, maybe she just admires his acting, but to me, the praise seems excessive for someone who is simply espousing the skills of a fellow actor. I'm not saying that she doesn't truly appreciate what Rupert brings to the profession. I just think there is a little something extra there...????? :mellow:

Edited by Peter Pumpkinhead

Jon as a matter of fact no. Even when they were younger, I have never heard Emma go on like about either Dan/Rupert. I started to notice Emma's "praising" ;) around HBP when she was speaking of Rupert's comedic skills in Quidditch and the love potion scene. The way she just GUSHES about Rupert's performance in DH is honestly the cutest and sweetest comments/reactions. In all honesty, that is NOT the way I can picture just a FRIEND talking like that about her friend ;) I am telling ya there is something so up w. these 2 it is the truth :)

Kristen, Does Emma make any of these kinds of comments about Dan's acting? I just want to try and get an objective perspective here (maybe I shouldn't be asking any fellow shippers though :P), and I don't know if it's simply my shipperdom that keeps me from noticing her praise of Dan's acting skills, but, I can't help but notice that her praise is almost exclusively reserved for Rupert. Now in fairness, maybe she just admires his acting, but to me, the praise seems excessive for someone who is simply espousing the skills of a fellow actor. I'm not saying that she doesn't truly appreciate what Rupert brings to the profession. I just think there is a little something extra there...????? :mellow:

Interesting question!! I don't remember any comment about Dan's acting right now, but she always has time to praise Rupert ;)

I mean I have heard almost every Emma interview/seen them and the only thing I think I have heard was when Emma saw DH she said that Dan and Rupert were both brilliant-but I have never heard her specifically speak about Dan's scenes like I have had heard her about her man's acting ;)

So all that time they spent avoiding appearing together in public is looking more and more suspiscious the more we hear them speak.

I'm happy for them though. As far as I'm concerned they're together now! :ohyeah: It can stay a "secret" as far as I'm concerned. I don't want them to have the media breathing down their necks and following their every moves, as long as they can avoid that I'm all for the secrecy. :unsure:

I'm very new here, and new to the whole HP world for that matter, but I just want to point out how much their relationship reminds me of Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson's relationship with each other. They had wanted to keep their relationship under the radar due to the media too.

They denied for years that they weren't together, and maybe at first it was true, just like for Rupert and Emma, but now little by little more and more things have came out that obviously they are a couple. And at first it was simple things like looks that they gave each other, smiles and ways that they've complimented each other in interviews, and certain touches at awards ceremonies. I used to doubt that Rob and Kristen were actually together, but little things they've said, which remind me SO much of little things Rupert and Emma say about each other always pointed to them being totally in love. Anyway, there were tons of people who always said 'no, they can't be dating,' but now it's obvious they are and R/E reminds me so much of how they started.

Rupert and Emma are too cute for words, and I'm a serious R/E shipper now.

I know your question was directed at cbmac, Jon, but I'd like to make a comment about it as you've asked such a good question!

I really can't recall a time where Emma has gushed about Dan as she usually does with Rupert. Once she starts talking about The Grint, she can't help but to keep talking about him... and then the praising continues to escalate the more she speaks.

IMO it's very clear how differently she feels for the two boys.

She mentions that she hangs out with Dan to 'gossip' and eat M&Ms while watching a movie, while she'd snuggle up in Rupert's sofa.

WOW! I mean... WOW! :ohyeah:

LOL thanks Luciana :) Actually that was why I bought the poster version of my siggy ;) Arent they made of all pretty together? :excited:

Are we talking about R/E or R/Hr here? ^_^

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

I'm very new here, and new to the whole HP world for that matter, but I just want to point out how much their relationship reminds me of Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson's relationship with each other. They had wanted to keep their relationship under the radar due to the media too.

They denied for years that they weren't together, and maybe at first it was true, just like for Rupert and Emma, but now little by little more and more things have came out that obviously they are a couple. And at first it was simple things like looks that they gave each other, smiles and ways that they've complimented each other in interviews, and certain touches at awards ceremonies. I used to doubt that Rob and Kristen were actually together, but little things they've said, which remind me SO much of little things Rupert and Emma say about each other always pointed to them being totally in love. Anyway, there were tons of people who always said 'no, they can't be dating,' but now it's obvious they are and R/E reminds me so much of how they started.

Rupert and Emma are too cute for words, and I'm a serious R/E shipper now.

Welcome to the forum, Katniss. :)

Thank you for bringing your interesting comparisons between the couples. You see, many of us here only ship R/E and not any other celebrity couple, so we can't actually compare their relationship to any other public one, so your point of view is really interesting and only brings more hope to this R/E shipper! :D

Having said that, I consider that R/E have a quite unique relationship in the sense that they've known each other since they were little and, IMO, their attraction for each other only progressed with time. First they became 'work colleagues', then friends and only later on they found each other attractive 'in that way'. :D

Therefore I believe that they can understand each other's personality in a much deeper sense than any two actors who have got to know each other when already (young) adults.

I have always been very skeptical of R/E... I mean of course I love them to be together. But, is it all just wishful thinking? Are we all just simply finding proofs to support or dreams? Or is there really something there??

I have always been very skeptical of R/E... I mean of course I love them to be together. But, is it all just wishful thinking? Are we all just simply finding proofs to support or dreams? Or is there really something there??

I have had my doubts about their true feelings, but after seeing all the videos and interviews, I'm completely sure that there is something more than friendship between them :yesyes:

I have had my doubts about their true feelings, but after seeing all the videos and interviews, I'm completely sure that there is something more than friendship between them :yesyes:

Exactly my thoughts, Luciana. That's why I took so long to become an active R/E shipper. Once I was fully conviced of their mutual attraction in interviews, videos and photos, I started posting. :)

Exactly my thoughts, Luciana. That's why I took so long to become an active R/E shipper. Once I was fully conviced of their mutual attraction in interviews, videos and photos, I started posting. :)

I am still not 100% convinced that those are romantic feeling. But, of course I hope and pray they are!!!

I am still not 100% convinced that those are romantic feeling. But, of course I hope and pray they are!!!

I don't pray but will be glad if they some day are involved romantically. As far as I am concerned, they do feel something beyond friendship for each other, as Luciana also pointed out.

But only time will tell.

I meant pray in a metaphorical sense....

I believe that they are beyond "just friends" but that may be a sibling relationship. I agree that only time will tell of romantics.

well, you will find that here, in the R/E shipper thread, most of us will find them attacted to each other 'romantically'. :)

Well obviously. I am just sharing my opinion.. or is that not allowed?

Well, it obviously is allowed. But it is also expected that most people here will defend their reasons for shipping them. :)

I know what you mean, they are mysterious sometimes. When I think "No, it's just my imagination", suddenly it appears something that makes me believe that I'm not crazy! :)

That's one of the reasons why the next round of promos will be so interesting... when they finally get to talk about their scenes together as R/Hr - and after some time from their onscreen kiss has passed (last year they had just finished filming The Kiss).

I think it will be very intersting to see where they are standing in regards to each other, at that point in time.

This is why I think Emma feels something more for Rupert, she is always talking about him and I love the things she says about Rupes! This vid almost makes me cry! :sob:

Fist time I see this one! Thanks for posting! :)