The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not only crazy but we also have a betting addiction...

When is Emma finished with College? 2013?

She's eager to get hitched with The Grint! They are already engaged so MY BET is that they'll do it as soon as she graduates. :D

Let me start off by saying, yes, I do Google R&E for any new news...lol....I found this article:

http://en.naanoo.com/emma-watson-she-has-never-had-her-heart-broken-gninews

Below is a portion of it:

Emma Watson has been ‘in love once’, but has never had her heart broken. The ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ actress appeared in front of hordes of screaming fans at the film’s world premiere, where she revealed a little about her private life.

Emma – who plays brain box witch Hermione Granger in the popular film series – told BANG Showbiz: ‘I’ve been in love once but I won’t say who with, as it’s not fair on the others.’

Yes, you can fall out of love without having your heart broken so she could be talking about whatever ex-boyfriend she dumped or mutually parted with. But my R/E shipper and over-analytical self thinks this:

She's talking about being in love with Rupert.

I'm no grammar expert, but "WAS in love once" vs. "HAVE BEEN in love once" is slightly different.

So she has been in love with Rupert ( and only him) for however long and her heart hasn't been broken because he feels the same way/hasn't hurt her.

She won't say it's him (at the moment) because Rupert did mention in an interview about her being popular with the boys so she doesn't want Dan, Tom, etc. to feel bad. And to also follow Rupert's example because he wouldn't admit whether it was him or Dan who had the bigger crush on Emma.

P.S. Whoever shortened by name to REG, it's cool. Easier to type =)

Yes, you can fall out of love without having your heart broken so she could be talking about whatever ex-boyfriend she dumped or mutually parted with. But my R/E shipper and over-analytical self thinks this:

She's talking about being in love with Rupert.

I'm no grammar expert, but "WAS in love once" vs. "HAVE BEEN in love once" is slightly different.

So she has been in love with Rupert ( and only him) for however long and her heart hasn't been broken because he feels the same way/hasn't hurt her.

She won't say it's him (at the moment) because Rupert did mention in an interview about her being popular with the boys so she doesn't want Dan, Tom, etc. to feel bad. And to also follow Rupert's example because he wouldn't admit whether it was him or Dan who had the bigger crush on Emma.

When this article came out I mentioned that the fact that she said 'I won't tell you who he is as it will be unfair to others' makes me think it's someone everyone (even her ex-boyfriends) will easily recognise, hence someone really famous. ;)

The bit about it not being fair on others is interesting, I think. Obviously she doesn't want to hurt her other exes by saying who she loved, but then consider that she's still just 20 years old and the majority of her relationships up til now probaby weren't particularly serious. There are two publicised relationships we know about (or that I know about, at least) and as the first was in her mid-teens, I think we can assume that Jay seems to have been her most serious relationship to date - I mean, she even admitted to having boyfriend on JR, which she'd never done before, as far as I'm aware.

Surely in this case it wouldn't be surprising or hurtful to any of her former exes, who were teenage relationships and have probably moved on to something more meaningful themselves since, to credit Jay with being her first love? Perhaps she just wants to protect his identity now the relationship is over, or that it doesn't seem fitting to mention his name, it's just the 'not being fair' reasoning that sticks with me. Perhaps I'm analysing it too much, but the only (biased, I know) explanation I can think of is that the person she loved was not Jay, and she doesn't want to hurt him by publicly revealing that, since they did appear to have quite a serious relationship. Therefore I'm deducing that it must be someone after or during the Jay relationship.

I hope that makes sense.

Actually, I would like to add that I feel a uncomfortable analysing Emma's private feelings like this. A little RL shipping is fine just for fun, but I would like to reiterate that I do not claim to know or understand the personal life of Emma Watson or any of the HP cast, nor have I any right to be saying these things. The above is simply a personal interpretation based on her words and behaviour and I may be (and probably am) completely wrong. I appreciate that many here may think this disclaimer is unnecessary since it's all in the name of light-hearted shipper fun, but I felt it appropriate when delving deeply into an analysis of an individual's feelings and particularly mentioning an outside party, that I should make clear my intentions.

The bit about it not being fair on others is interesting, I think. Obviously she doesn't want to hurt her other exes by saying who she loved, but then consider that she's still just 20 years old and the majority of her relationships up til now probaby weren't particularly serious. There are two publicised relationships we know about (or that I know about, at least) and as the first was in her mid-teens, I think we can assume that Jay seems to have been her most serious relationship to date - I mean, she even admitted to having boyfriend on JR, which she'd never done before, as far as I'm aware.

Surely in this case it wouldn't be surprising or hurtful to any of her former exes, who were teenage relationships and have probably moved on to something more meaningful themselves since, to credit Jay with being her first love? Perhaps she just wants to protect his identity now the relationship is over, or that it doesn't seem fitting to mention his name, it's just the 'not being fair' reasoning that sticks with me. Perhaps I'm analysing it too much, but the only (biased, I know) explanation I can think of is that the person she loved was not Jay, and she doesn't want to hurt him by publicly revealing that, since they did appear to have quite a serious relationship. Therefore I'm deducing that it must be someone after or during the Jay relationship.

I hope that makes sense.

Actually, I would like to add that I feel a uncomfortable analysing Emma's private feelings like this. A little RL shipping is fine just for fun, but I would like to reiterate that I do not claim to know or understand the personal life of Emma Watson or any of the HP cast, nor have I any right to be saying these things. The above is simply a personal interpretation based on her words and behaviour and I may be (and probably am) completely wrong. I appreciate that many here may think this disclaimer is unnecessary since it's all in the name of light-hearted shipper fun, but I felt it appropriate when delving deeply into an analysis of an individual's feelings and particularly mentioning an outside party, that I should make clear my intentions.

Of course, I want my "analysis" to be true =D, but I understand your POV, and putting my shipper self aside, I think maybe the "not fair" part might've just came out and there was no hidden meaning.

In my first post, I posted the video below. What is Rupert talking about in 1:54-1:56? It sounds like he says "Emma likes to squeeze spots." The way the video is edited, it sounds like he's with Emma and he's talking about her squeezing him, but just curious about the real interview/context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpFbmDqF7t0&feature=related

In my first post, I posted the video below. What is Rupert talking about in 1:54-1:56? It sounds like he says "Emma likes to squeeze spots." The way the video is edited, it sounds like he's with Emma and he's talking about her squeezing him, but just curious about the real interview/context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpFbmDqF7t0&feature=related

Yeah, I'm wondering the same question. I was like "what??" :lostit:

That video just had me all smiles the entire time...THEY ARE TOGETHER...Emma's smile- do yall notice that her smile gets huge ONLY when she is around Rupert or talks about Rupert or thinks about Rupert ;) Agree vida that Joana's vids are GORGEOUS!!

Ok at 2:01- I cant hear the reporter- what was it she asked Emma and Emma replies "Yes" softly ;)

Rupert's "take it another/next level".... LOVE THIS.... ;)

THEY ARE TOGETHER MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!!!! SANTA will be bringing us R/E shippers a very nice present this year hehe

:rofl: JON

Edited by cbmac12

That video just had me all smiles the entire time...THEY ARE TOGETHER...Emma's smile- do yall notice that her smile gets huge ONLY when she is around Rupert or talks about Rupert or thinks about Rupert ;) Agree vida that Joana's vids are GORGEOUS!!

Ok at 2:01- I cant hear the reporter- what was it she asked Emma and Emma replies "Yes" softly ;)

Rupert's "take it another/next level".... LOVE THIS.... ;)

THEY ARE TOGETHER MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!!!! SANTA will be bringing us R/E shippers a very nice present this year hehe

:rofl: JON

The interviewer asks Emma if they do the kiss in Deathly Hallows Part II and Emma says "yes" very quietly. It took me a couple of listens to hear it too! >.<

I heard a rumor that Emma has a tattoo that says, "I <3 The Grint" :o

Of course... I started the rumour. :unsure:

What? :0_0: If it's true, I will change my mood!!!

So all that time they spent avoiding appearing together in public is looking more and more suspiscious the more we hear them speak.

I'm happy for them though. As far as I'm concerned they're together now! :ohyeah: It can stay a "secret" as far as I'm concerned. I don't want them to have the media breathing down their necks and following their every moves, as long as they can avoid that I'm all for the secrecy. :unsure:

Luciana WHAT!!!! ;) hehe kidding :)

Jon, remember when we were speculating over the summer as to why they wouldnt show up to events together? ;) I mean come on are we really to believe that was all coincidence? Nuh uh LOL

Also, what I found REALLY telling was straight from Emma's lips- "I go to places where I know there any photographers" (just saying....) ;) THEY ARE TOGETHER just watch and see ;) Emma's breathless "yes" in that video OMG-why not just yes not (sucks in her breath yes) ;) Of course Rupert's "he's in love w. Emma"...also did ya notice at the roundtable-when Emma was speaking about Rupert, she was speaking in a low voice (he was behind her at his roundtable discussion) like she didnt want to hear her awwww....what she said about his performance was SPOT on ;)

Another cute R/E vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXIXHSksAHc&feature=related

I love the soft "yes" that Emma says at 2:01, and the ending is perfect!! I mean, everybody can see that something is happening between them, less both of them of course :rolleyes:

I love how Emma puts her hand over her heart @ 1:39 when talking about Rupert's performance. And yes, the ending is perfect!

So all that time they spent avoiding appearing together in public is looking more and more suspiscious the more we hear them speak.

I'm happy for them though. As far as I'm concerned they're together now! :ohyeah: It can stay a "secret" as far as I'm concerned. I don't want them to have the media breathing down their necks and following their every moves, as long as they can avoid that I'm all for the secrecy. :unsure:

I completely agree. If they are together and just avoiding publicity, I hope it lasts for a bit longer. I love R/E enough for to wish their lives to remain private (but I hope we get confirmation that thewy are dating one day, though, after HP is over). :)

I love how Emma puts her hand over her heart @ 1:39 when talking about Rupert's performance. And yes, the ending is perfect!

OMG! You are right! I didn't notice but she totally puts her hand on her heart! :ohyeah:

Isnt it the sweetest part of that? ;) She was so TAKEN w. that scene (cue Emma off to Rupertland hehe) but the way she describes his performance-isnt that the way a wife would show how proud she is of her husband and their accomplishments? ;) A friend would not go on like that-Emma girl you keep our shipper hearts strong that is for sure, but so does Rupert!! :) I feel like for once we can say R/E are on the same ship...I still cant get over that breathy "yes" from Emma when she was asked if they kiss in part 2 ;)