The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am Lino.

I am new on this site. To be honest i registered only to join this thread. I just love the chemistry and the love which Rupert and Emma have for each other.

Its weird since i never ever was a harry potter fan at all. But once i saw a clip of Ron and Hermione together and i was hooked on their on screen relationship. I tend to ship the couples who are opposites to eacch other then the once who are to similar. I then started watching all the Harry Potter film, only to see all the Ron and Hermione scenes.

By that time i saw a few clips of Rupert and Emma at awards show, which got me believing that they have feelings for each other (even if they won't admit it). By now i can honestly say, i am more of a Emma and Rupert fan then even Hermione and Ron.

When i saw this Thread i knew i had to register and join you all.

Anyway can't wait for the interviews and Premieres of the next Films.

Welcome to the forum, Lino! Glad to have you here. :)

It's always uplifting to get to know new shippers, who can contribute their views about R/E fascinating relationship.

Hope you have a great time here.

Katharine, I think everyone here is morphing into the same 'person'. :P

We are all so suspicious at the moment! There just has to be something going on between R/E.

Agrred Luciana. R/E have a very special chemistry that clearly extends off screen. ;)

Thanks rupert&emmagrint for the link.

I found both JK Rowling's interviews at Snitchseeker. Unfortunately didn't find them on YouTube.

Here's the link

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/videos-j-k-rowling-on-seeing-rupert-grint-as-ron-emma-watsons-on-screen-kisses-79693/

The second one is where Emma bits her lip when Jo was talking about her kissing Rupert. It's at 1:00 approx.

Rupert looks at Emma's direction straightaway, and I think that for a very brief moment she looked past Jo to meet Rupert's stare.

What do you think?

Hi everyone! It's been awhile but hope you're all doing well. I love reading everyone's input about R/E :D

And btw, not sure if this has been posted already but it's another brilliant R/E video by dazzleme!

Hey yall!! Been away just a bit LOL... :ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah: they are DEF TOGETHER...I give it to the bookies and willingly place those bets NOW ;) EVERYTHING yall are saying is so freakin true...true fact=nothing going on would be them posing together, wanting to just hang with each other as friends...but no what do we get? Rupert's smiles at her, Emma biting her lip very happily (I swear for a brief moment it was as if Emma was saying ohh if the press only knew what that kiss has led to ;))...if nothing was happening, Rupert would not have looked at Emma, he would not have been standing so close to his I will say it girlfriend during Edith Gorman's interview ;) Rupert and Emma at many points brushed against each other-almost to say they needed the contact. Also when was the last time we ever heard Emma staying out til 5AM AND that Rupert was out til 5AM as well at the same party? ;) Shippers place those bets now- our odds are getting alot stronger than ever before ;)

Welcome Lino!!! BEST forum ever with BEST people ever ;)

Hello and thank you you all for your welcomes

I am Lino, a married 30 year old mother with 3 kids. I was born and grew up in Switzerland, but went to college in England. Met my husband ten years ago there, and since then stayd here.

How old are you all, and any mothers members?

Now my thoughts to Ron & Hermione and Rupert & Emma.

As i said i tend to ship tv couples who are "opposites attracts" then the ones where they are similar to each other. I just love how different they are and how they would never go for the other type, but just cant help themselves being in love. I love watching how they banter and make fun of each other. But really those are the traits which makes them love the other one. They just can't help themselves being in love with each other even if they don't want to admit it. And Ron & Hermione represents "opposites attracts"

Now to Rupert and Emma.

They grew up being good friends. But as we know Rupert changed a lot since the early days. He used to be the fun, open and not shy one. But he became the maybe still fun one, but with cool and collected. He is serious, calm, and private person. The opposite to what he was. I do think that is the time where their relationship changed. Maybe this is the type which Emma goes for, but i am not sure.

I do think that they became attracted to each other, but wouldn't admit it. For one because of their friendship and most properly also the pressure of the media and fans. They tried to hide the attraction from us and each other, but for us we could see already a difference between Emma's relationship to Rupert and her friendship to Dan.

This stage of their relationship reminds me a bit of the Harry Potter scene where Hermione runs toward Ron and Harry. She hugs Harry but only shakes Ron hands because there is awkward feel in their relationship. I do think this can be said also about Rupert and Emma.

But something changed the last year. Maybe since they had to share a kiss in deathly hallows and couldn't deny to themselves the feeling for the other one.

Their reason for saying the kiss felt awkward because of their Brother and sister relationship is just a cover up for the media and even to each other.

However since Harry Potter finished, there is a definite change in their relationship. Maybe they are together which i don't know or maybe they just talked about their feelings with each other and might have decided not to act on them.

But it is so obvious from their interviews and premieres for Deathly hallows, that something is there between them. No idea if they did hook up or just admitted their feelings to each other. But they seem to be in each other spaces. And just love to be near each other.

There is no question that they are attracted to each other, and that they would be great together. They want to be a couple, but the question for me is, if they will act on their feelings or because of the situation they are in, they won't.

I however want and think they HAVE to be together and give it a shot.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to give my opinion.

Lino,

Glad to know that I'm not the only mum in this thread anymore!

Thanks for sharing your insight about R/E. It's always so good to see new shippers who are also fascinated by their relationship.

As Luciana said, they are indeed UNIQUE.

In the old forum (we switched to this new one at the end of last year) we were discussing that R/E's relationship was going to change after they were finished filming.

I think that the fact that they were seeing each other every day played a big part in them not taking their relationship any further.

I'm under the impression that they started developing feelings for each other without actually realising it. They just became friends, who got tighter and tighter each year and, I think, once you have that close of a bond with one of your friends, it is hard to take the plunge.

Most of all, I believe they'v enever taken any action because they were dead scared of loosing the other one as a friend if their feelings were not returned.

BUT, since HP is over now, they are not longer in the other's daily lives any more, so maybe having THE chat was a lot easier.

Judging by their latest interactions, I am highly suspicious that something indeed HAS happened.

And the fact that they try to avoid being photographed next to the other adds fuel to the fire. At this point, I think someone (PRs most possibly) know that their BL is obvious and would give them away. A good example is that when they were interview together, they were practically bumping into each other!

I think that something has happened but they are possibly trying to keep a low profile until the movies are finished and hence avoid public scrutiny as much as possible.

Emma and Rupert remind me a lot of Ron and Hermione relationship. Both have a close friendship and develop feeling and attraction to each other. But because of their friendship they wouldn't take it further. But at the end of the day, they just couldn't ignore their feelings anymore and had to give in. It's really funny how their characters relationship mirrored their real life saga.

Just a question. Who was the blonde girl sitting between Rupert and Emma by the Baftas?

Edited by lino

Lino! Welcome again :) What you and vida (who has awesome insight always for our favorite couple)said about R/E is so spot on. It is hard to even add more to what yall just said but I will try First off Lino, I believe that is Emma's friend sitting between them-normally where Dan would have sat LOL...which leads me to this- why was it necessary to have a friend sit between the 2 of them-because they would be all over each other ;) Anyway onto the recent shots of them...What I find cute was when Stephen Fry said something, and you notice Rupert looked immediately over at Emma behind Emma's friend's shoulder and share a smile/laugh with Emma. Also, when Emma and Rupert were both heading up to the stage with each other, and Emma was waiting for him-they couldnt take their eyes off each other the whole time until they started walking up the stairs. It really was almost like they were in their own lil world and realized where they were once they started walking on stage. Once up on stage, the 2 of them were not taking their eyes off each other again. Emma's lil hip touch was adorable, Rupert smiling at Emma as she bites her lip when discussing the kiss w. JKR and Emma turning to look at Rupert-she was definitely looking at her man there, not JKR. This is what I find really suspicious-they were not photographed together on stage next to each other, nor were there any JUST R/E pics of them together. But here we go- People Magazine there is a pic of Emma and Rupert w. Heyman and JKR but this time R/E are next to each other BACKSTAGE looking VERY happy LOL (ya notice how it is not in front of the public even though the pic will be released)...we also see R/E next each other during the Edith Gorman interview-where R/E kept brushing against each other-they dont have to be that close but choose to-like GLUE :) Other factors lately: 3 tweets about R/E being seen around the same time as each other in the SAME location and the SAME area the SAME day and SAME time-yall do the math ;) But also, you NEVER hear R/E being at the same party for an event (unless HP premiere party) and BOTH out until 5AM at the last party together. I may not be a rocket scientist here, but all those clues lead me to say they are a couple.

That KISS did them both in-ANY other actors would have been fine w. it, or would say yeah it was awkward, blah blah...but R/E made it a POINT each and every time they were asked about it to say it was like kissing your sibling, was weird, etc...what we are getting now? It was good, nice, etc...Emma biting her lip, Rupert grinning at her like something they know. Normally Rupert would have looked away, but he just kept right on looking at his girl. It is seriously the cutest and sweetest relationship I have ever seen among any famous well known couple.

Next the HP DH premiere-LIKEGLUETHEWHOLENIGHTATBOTHPREMIERES ;) Emma walking over to Rupert to walk w. him down the stairs (darn PR guy getting in the way of their moment grrrr), we see Emma's hands pretty low on Rupert's chair area LOL. Then at NY premiere-he was holding onto her SO tightly and possessively-something we have never seen before-GO RUPERT ;) But another thing-Emma walking over to Rupert during their round circle interview sessions and Emma placed her chin on Rupert's shoulder to say hi. SIGGHHHH...these 2 are BUSTED-may be the press is too blind/dumb because they are always over RP/KS of Twilight...but we R/E shippers know better :)

Finally, lino, yes R/E MIRROR R/HR like crazy-so could very well see R/E GRINT someday- (Like Emma said in Regis/Kelly) Honestly I could write a novel here about these 2 but wont LOL-long enough post! One more thing, I do agree w. vida-I think their PR people have said "you two, BL, gives ya both away, no pics of JUST you two together" LOL

Edited by cbmac12

I agree with everything cbmac12, lino, and vida say. Because Emma and Rupert don't crave the paparazzi spotlight, I'm sure they want to keep things as private as possible. Remember when Emma said in the press conference for HBP that they know it would be of great media interest if any of them were involved together. And whether they realized their BL or their "people" pointed it out, they are now more self conscious - but not so much that we don't get tidbits like the staring, smiling, hip bump, etc.

Like Harry knew what Ron and Hermione felt for each other before R/Hr admitted to each other or to themselves, I'm sure that's what Dan observed after the kiss (or perhaps R/E confided to him separately): "I think they enjoyed it a little too much" (or whatever the quote was). =)

I wonder if WB will have them do press alone together again for DH2. I mean, they MUST! Maybe they didn't want them to do so for DH1 because they wanted to save all the goodness for the final movie, especially when R/Hr are more couply.

I also find it interesting that when asked about his Valentine's plans, Rupert said: “I’m still single,†he says, stoically. “I’m not really looking for a girlfriend at the moment, but, if it happens, then great.†I could be wrong and reading too much into it, but I thought in the past he usually just said he's not really looking, and now adding "if it happens then great" part makes me feel like he's giving a private shout out to Emma =)

Anyway, cbmac12, what recent tweets are you talking about if you can share? Until we get some sort of confirmation (even if it's just them holding hands at DH2 - them two alone, no Dan) I like reading/seeing all the hints I can =)

Your post was awesome too :)

It is interesting about the comment Rupert made-he has said MANY times before in the past, he is not looking, etc...I dont know but it could very well have been a shout out to his girl ;)

As for the tweets-did ya hear about all the "coincidental" meetings at the same time, same place, same day of our unique couple? It was during Christmas/New Years time...if not, then I will post these, otherwise, it may be old news ;)

THEY ARE TOGETHER. hehe

Your post was awesome too :)

It is interesting about the comment Rupert made-he has said MANY times before in the past, he is not looking, etc...I dont know but it could very well have been a shout out to his girl ;)

As for the tweets-did ya hear about all the "coincidental" meetings at the same time, same place, same day of our unique couple? It was during Christmas/New Years time...if not, then I will post these, otherwise, it may be old news ;)

THEY ARE TOGETHER. hehe

Oh yes, I saw those tweets. I wasn't sure if there were new ones from around BAFTAs/VDay....lol....

LOL yea thats what I thought :) Not that I wouldnt have posted them again just because they make us all go :ohyeah:;) hehe...Emma is apparently back in UK for London Fashion Week! Go Emma girl- a certain ginger should be cheering w. her hehe...

AWESOME posts y'all! I love it when R/E give us enough to talk about! LOL

I remember those tweets. cbmac. First they were spotted at the Dpt Store on the same day (though separate), looking for vintage furniture, on Christmas Eve.

Then after the New Year, Rupert was spotted around Emma's neighbourhood.

What was the third one about?

Oh, and let's not forget that two weeks after Valentine's Day last year, Sophie (Emma's friend) tweeted about her spending an afternoon with R/E.

Now I've serached and found the latest tweet on BAFTAs night. It's legit as it was posted by the blogger who was for the company that held the after-party R/E attended. :)

TheGooseInsider What a #BAFTA night, wrapped up at 5AM with Colin Firth, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson in the VIP room at the new W Hotel. #BAFTAs are heavy! 7:37 PM Feb 14th via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by TreehousePR and 1 other

What can I say? That tweet made me :ohyeah::yesyes:

Lino, many have mentioned that the blonde girl sitting between R/E at the BAFTAs is a friend of Emma's, who has been spotted with her in the past. :)

rupert&emmagrint, I'm also very suspicious that Dan knows something is happening with R/E. In fact, I think he has known for some time even before R/E realised themselves!

This moviefone vid is an oldie (but always a good one). At 8:30 approx the trio starts talking about the kiss R/E will share. Just look at Dan's face! HE KNOWS!!! LOL

Edited by vida

I remember those tweets. cbmac. First they were spotted at the Dpt Store on the same day (though separate), looking for vintage furniture, on Christmas Eve.

Oh, and let's not forget that two weeks after Valentine's Day last year, Sophie (Emma's friend) tweeted about her spending an afternoon with R/E.

Now I've serached and found the latest tweet on BAFTAs night. It's legit as it was posted by the blogger who was for the company that held the after-party R/E attended. :)

TheGooseInsider What a #BAFTA night, wrapped up at 5AM with Colin Firth, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson in the VIP room at the new W Hotel. #BAFTAs are heavy! 7:37 PM Feb 14th via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by TreehousePR and 1 other

Lino, many have mentioned that the blonde girl sitting between R/E at the BAFTAs is a friend of Emma's, who has been spotted with her in the past. :)

rupert&emmagrint, I'm also very suspicious that Dan knows something is happening with R/E. In fact, I think he has known for some time even before R/E realised themselves!

This moviefone vid is an oldie (but always a good one). At 8:30 approx the trio starts talking about the kiss R/E will share. Just look at Dan's face! HE KNOWS!!! LOL

Yes, I remember watching this video when I first started to ship R/E around that time. I totally forgot that Rupert said he has great peripheral vision (7:47). If he can spot a tiny spider 20 feet away, we definitely know he knows when Emma stares at him. =)

I definitely agree that Dan knows something. I mean, he's the one in the middle. I'm sure Emma and Rupert have both confided in him something - Emma in one of their "junk food chats" and Rupert in a "guys talk" especially if both of them had crushes on her back in the day.

I totally can't remember what interview or when, but there's an interview when they're asked about their characters' personal ads. And Dan, talking about Emma, slips up and says something like, "I know your ad for Rupert...(audience reacts)...no I mean Ron...Ron."

Ahh the third tweet... Rupert and Emma coming back around the same time from the airports ;) It was just funny to hear again the coincidence that they were coming back around the same time from trips they took (during New Years)... I do recall Sophie's tweet-notice how we never heard from Ms. Sophie again after that LOL... TheGooseInsider What a #BAFTA night, wrapped up at 5AM with Colin Firth, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson in the VIP room at the new W Hotel. #BAFTAs are heavy! THIS tweet right there is VERY telling...;) I believe wholeheartedly Dan does know something...I know he was grinning like mad-when he says "after 1000 takes" and he is looking right at both of them and Emma says "5 times of kissing"-Emma guessed that amount correct didnt she ;) Rupert smiling about it...so sweet and adorable. But yeah when Dan says "I think they both enjoyed it a lil too much I think" -we know Dan was razzing them but to even say that with his serious look was too golden ;) SOMETHING IS UP- I will keep saying it ;)

Yes, I remember watching this video when I first started to ship R/E around that time. I totally forgot that Rupert said he has great peripheral vision (7:47). If he can spot a tiny spider 20 feet away, we definitely know he knows when Emma stares at him. =)

I definitely agree that Dan knows something. I mean, he's the one in the middle. I'm sure Emma and Rupert have both confided in him something - Emma in one of their "junk food chats" and Rupert in a "guys talk" especially if both of them had crushes on her back in the day.

I totally can't remember what interview or when, but there's an interview when they're asked about their characters' personal ads. And Dan, talking about Emma, slips up and says something like, "I know your ad for Rupert...(audience reacts)...no I mean Ron...Ron."

Agreed. I also think Rupert usually can spot when Emma stares at him. That's why they would always miss each other. Once she stopped looking, he would look back at her!

But, this time around during the BAFTAs, they both stared AT THE SAME TIME. Not only that, but Rupert smiled cheekily at her when they stood up to go to the stage.

Something has happened this time around because, clearly, something has changed on the way they wouldn't hide their glances any more.

cbmac, the third tweet, yes! Thanks for reminding me! :)

LOOK at Emma being all sly and sneaky watching her man...I dont know how many more clues we need for these 2 ;)

LOL

She really can't help staring at him, can she?

Thanks for sharing cbmac! And a big congrats to whomever found this! :D

Edited by vida

I thought so too at first, Jon.

But I think it's safe to say that, judging by Emma's distance to the reporter and Rupert, both of them were in her peripheral vision.

What about this one?

Rupert enjoying the view... or maybe he was just looking at the non-present Chris Columbus. Who knows... :P

Dan knows something, definitely! I'd wish a smart journalist could ask him about his co-stars relationship. You know, Dan never lies. ;)

I always loved this moment... oh Emma, you are so obvious!!