The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert And Emma Thread

....L I have said it once and will say it again, we dont give up the ship until it is time too hehe

Completely agree! I started shipping R/E in 2007, and over the past 4 years, their chemistry remains strong/gotten stronger. Despite whoever they've each been involved with over the years, the fact that they still have that kind of chemistry/bond with each other is special. I personally am not gonna jump ship unless one of them officially says 'I do' to someone else...but of course, as I'm Ms. Positivity, the only endgame is R/E, and as they're 21 & 22.5, there's plenty of time for that to happen. ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!! First off welcome R/E Fan!! This is our crazy world of the ship :) I believe that Emma and Rupert BOTH have feelings for each other...when Emma says "it's written all over Rupert's face how much he loves her" and Rupert says "he's obviously in love w. Emma" are very telling. I think Rupert is the one who before was kind of shying away from her and she never knew how he felt about her. There is def an attraction and feelings for each other. Plus I will be honest, I always see that smile of hers reach her eyes whenever she is just with Rupert-that is very telling too. Their BL and facial expressions screams love for each other, as both friends and possibly something more. Also, in interviews, Emma glows about Rupert, especially these last 2 years-during HBP when the guy was like "a girl like you would go for a guy like him", Emma was very put off about that/annoyed and immediately went into how handsome and gorgeous he is. She also has always referred to Dan as being like her brother, Alex. Yes we know we have heard the 2 of them (R/E) say they are like brother/sister blah blah, but that comment sailed about 1 1/2 years ago for credibility! LOL I have said it once and will say it again, we dont give up the ship until it is time too hehe

Also soulsister-your comment was awesome!!! Yea I think they are having fun with us ;) LOL

Dont get me wrong sooooo not jumping ship i love them together....think im sick of waiting for that announcement to come....when emma said she left college i was like yay! i was thinkin maybe had something to do with mr grint being far away... then rupert started filming in norway... sooooo not jumping ship just gettin impatient

Omg I love yall!!! :) This is why I love this forum-it is amazing how faithful we are to our ship isnt it? I agree rupertemmagrint-not until they say "I do" to others will I then jump the ship! LOL...R/E Fan- you are SO a R/E SHIPPA!!!! ;) Luciana, SO ITA-that guy was very annoying. Emma didnt like the comments he made about Rupert at all. She was smiling yes but you could also tell she was annoyed that he put Rupert down like that.

A lil vid.... just to remind us why we are crazy shippers and wont stop! LOL... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpFbmDqF7t0&feature=related

Whenever we feel the need to doubt, just watch this vid ;)

One other thing- this is when I go into BL analyzing time...at the BAFTA's with R/E and the interviewer afterwards (w/ Heyman and JKR), watch that Emma plays with her hands alot-you will notice as soon as Rupert makes body contact w. her, she stops immediately. When he is not touching her, she goes back to fidgeting with her hands. He then touches her again, she stops figdeting immediately again. I just find that very interesting.

Edited by cbmac12

Omg I love yall!!! :) This is why I love this forum-it is amazing how faithful we are to our ship isnt it? I agree rupertemmagrint-not until they say "I do" to others will I then jump the ship! LOL...R/E Fan- you are SO a R/E SHIPPA!!!! ;) Luciana, SO ITA-that guy was very annoying. Emma didnt like the comments he made about Rupert at all. She was smiling yes but you could also tell she was annoyed that he put Rupert down like that.

A lil vid.... just to remind us why we are crazy shippers and wont stop! LOL... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpFbmDqF7t0&feature=related

Whenever we feel the need to doubt, just watch this vid ;)

One other thing- this is when I go into BL analyzing time...at the BAFTA's with R/E and the interviewer afterwards (w/ Heyman and JKR), watch that Emma plays with her hands alot-you will notice as soon as Rupert makes body contact w. her, she stops immediately. When he is not touching her, she goes back to fidgeting with her hands. He then touches her again, she stops figdeting immediately again. I just find that very interesting.

just watched the bafta interview again and oh! i noticed it too ha i love how they are always laughing and smiling in interviews where they are together you dont see that with other cast members...i also noticed hes way more confident speaking in interviews when shes with him...sooo cute

Doing school work and took a quick break ;) But yeah it is crazy how much she stands that much closer to Rupert and everything-they were practically standing on top of each other in that post interview-I love that because it's not like the interview was in front of a bunch of people-it was just the interviewer, R/E, and Heyman and JKR.

OMG! Rupert is apparently dating georgia groome! oh no :(

I read that story Friday but wasn't sure if I should bring it up here. I've read the rumors about them on other boards (I found speculation going as far back as this January), and even if the story is true, I'm still NOT discouraged about R/E. Like I said in my earlier post today, I'm not jumping this ship until one of them marries someone else (not even engaged, but vows are said, rings exchanged, and they're pronounced husband and wife). I've seen comments from 3 months ago wondering if he was taking Georgia to the BAFTAs, and even if he was seeing her then, the chemistry/BL between R/E @ the BAFTAs still was there - just as they've had chemistry while Emma had whatever boyfriend at the time.

Yes, I am impatient for them to be together already, but if Emma can date/have boyfriends, it's only fair Rupert can as well, especially since he didn't want a serious relationship during HP. That way, when they finally are together, they would have their past relationships as lessons on what to do/not do. I'd rather them get together later and be endgame than now and it doesn't work out because they still need more experience with relationships in general and need more time to be themselves outside of HP.

I may ship R/E, but I'm also a fan of them individually and want them happy no matter what. From what I know/seen about Georgia in interviews, she's sweet, quirky, down to earth, and pretty (but not too pretty) - what Rupert claims to like. Better her than some airhead, superficial Hollywood party girl type.

And while I can't post the pic here because it has a tumblr link, someone did make a pic comparing Rupert and Georgia to Ron and Lavender...that maybe it'll take Georgia for R/E to finally get it together. I found it funny because I thought the same thing.

Of course the original source of the story was the UK's Daily Mirror, which I think is tabloid, and there were no pics or anything. And because this is a personal issue, I doubt Rupert's reps would confirm or deny it (unlike denying the other FALSE tabloid story about Rupert last week, which was of a more serious nature).

P.S. Just as an FYI, there are some R/E shippers out there HATING on Georgia just because she's not Emma. Someone ranted back at R/E shippers about the behavior, and while she understood not all R/E shippers are like that, I hope there are more mature R/E shippers like us out there spreading positivity than the immature ones spreading hate.

Yeah, I read that yesterday, but I don't know what to think about it. He said in an interview that he is still single, but who knows...

THIS post was simply AWESOME!!!! ;) I cant even add more-I am still a lil skeptical about his dating her but yes and yes to all of your reasons about R/E and being the endgame. Yes will SO not jump this ship either until we are told to do so-rings/vows exchanged LOL ;) As for hating on Georgia, SOOO NOT COOL. Yes R/E shippers-we are def more mature than that. We weathered Emma's past bf's and we can weather (if true) Rupert's gf. LOL But yes as long as they are happy that is all that totally matters. I still like I said aint giving up hope on R/E though :)

As for the tumblr- omg I saw that and laughed so hard!! I was like REALLY? LOL...that person is a DIE HARD R/E SHIPPER that is for sure-not to say that we arent, it was just funny that they took it that far! LOL

i seem to always give the impression that im jumping ship which is not true at all..i read that article today and was like ah damn ha ha i agree with all your comments and i think its really rude of people to call georgia all those names because she is not emma. i hope that if the rumour has some truth that people dnt start going mad and start abusing the poor girl.

Ummm...fellow shippers...he was just interviewed in Norway the other day, and said he DIDN'T

have a girlfriend. He'll be back from Norway in about 1 1/2 weeks, and he'll take Emma to

see Dan on Broadway...they went to go see him in Equus!! :yesyes: UK Daily Mirror is always

printing negative things about Emma, so this story looks like a joke. They were saying how "old"

Emma looked in her birthday video the other week.Sheeesh.... she was thanking her fans for their birthday

wishes. :angry: Those tabloids are jealous of Emma, so they write trash. I think both R/E TRUST each

other, which takes years to build. I'm still saying, their announcement will come during DH2 :ohyeah:

I read that story Friday but wasn't sure if I should bring it up here. I've read the rumors about them on other boards (I found speculation going as far back as this January), and even if the story is true, I'm still NOT discouraged about R/E. Like I said in my earlier post today, I'm not jumping this ship until one of them marries someone else (not even engaged, but vows are said, rings exchanged, and they're pronounced husband and wife). I've seen comments from 3 months ago wondering if he was taking Georgia to the BAFTAs, and even if he was seeing her then, the chemistry/BL between R/E @ the BAFTAs still was there - just as they've had chemistry while Emma had whatever boyfriend at the time.

Yes, I am impatient for them to be together already, but if Emma can date/have boyfriends, it's only fair Rupert can as well, especially since he didn't want a serious relationship during HP. That way, when they finally are together, they would have their past relationships as lessons on what to do/not do. I'd rather them get together later and be endgame than now and it doesn't work out because they still need more experience with relationships in general and need more time to be themselves outside of HP.

I may ship R/E, but I'm also a fan of them individually and want them happy no matter what. From what I know/seen about Georgia in interviews, she's sweet, quirky, down to earth, and pretty (but not too pretty) - what Rupert claims to like. Better her than some airhead, superficial Hollywood party girl type.

And while I can't post the pic here because it has a tumblr link, someone did make a pic comparing Rupert and Georgia to Ron and Lavender...that maybe it'll take Georgia for R/E to finally get it together. I found it funny because I thought the same thing.

Of course the original source of the story was the UK's Daily Mirror, which I think is tabloid, and there were no pics or anything. And because this is a personal issue, I doubt Rupert's reps would confirm or deny it (unlike denying the other FALSE tabloid story about Rupert last week, which was of a more serious nature).

P.S. Just as an FYI, there are some R/E shippers out there HATING on Georgia just because she's not Emma. Someone ranted back at R/E shippers about the behavior, and while she understood not all R/E shippers are like that, I hope there are more mature R/E shippers like us out there spreading positivity than the immature ones spreading hate.

LOVE this.

Thank you everyone for the videos, I miss our couple :)

Well, I was reading some blogs and it seems that Rupert and Georgia are dating. I saw some pics of him and a girl who looks like Georgia, and his sister Charlotte confirmed it.

Again I dont believe it til I see pics too LOL-also, Charlottte has said many times she would neither confirm or deny who Rupert is dating. Until we get 100% confirmation, not a girl who looks like Georgia but is Georgia and it is in the entertainment news then I say ok. I still find it funny if Rupert was dating her, why didnt he take her to the BAFTA's? It is not like he couldnt! Plus him and Emma out til 5AM on V Day at the BAFTA's- I say we keep fighting on this ship of ours ;) So dont abandon it!!! LOL Plus blogs are just that-gossip from around the net. If these people actually saw them together then I would put some stock into it. Also, the mirror sucks for putting down Emma. What is their deal!!! Emma is one of the sweetest, kindest, most down to earth people. Anyway, the mirror seems like our "Star" here in the states-load of trash. Yes Rupert and Emma are both away now filming their movies, both character studies ironically-Comrade and Perks.

Edited by cbmac12

I know this is silly, but it tickled me....So I Google Georgia Groome and clicked on News to see if there were any new and reputable articles about her and Rupert. Nothing new but one of the 7 results included a picture of Rupert and Emma together (not just in the article but by the search result - the other pics by the results were of Rupert alone).

I know they used a picture of Rupert and Emma because the first part of the article (in Portuguese I think) was about Rupert being linked to Georgia, and the second part about Emma and the bullying rumors, but it still made me smile knowing I searched for Georgia and a pic of Rupert and Emma pop up ;)

I also did some checking, and came up with a theory: Isn't it weird that Rupert's sister is Georgina, and would be about the

same age?? Maybe she wants to get into acting, and used an aunt or friends last name of Groome?? I also did some digging, and came up with this group of the Grint family.

Ummm...I think it's interesting how much Georgina looks like Georgia (the nose looks identical), and I think they're ROTFL at all the fans that are believing this. :rofl:My link

And notice there's a ? after her name. <_<

Oh, another thing is that I think both Rupert and Emma are very close to their siblings--we have seen pix of Emma and Alex holding hands walking, and they both model together. Hey fellow shippers--don't jump off the ship--our cruise is just beginning!! :rolleye0012:

I also did some checking, and came up with a theory: Isn't it weird that Rupert's sister is Georgina, and would be about the

same age?? Maybe she wants to get into acting, and used an aunt or friends last name of Groome?? I also did some digging, and came up with this group of the Grint family.

Ummm...I think it's interesting how much Georgina looks like Georgia (the nose looks identical), and I think they're ROTFL at all the fans that are believing this. :rofl:My link

And notice there's a ? after her name. <_<

Oh, another thing is that I think both Rupert and Emma are very close to their siblings--we have seen pix of Emma and Alex holding hands walking, and they both model together. Hey fellow shippers--don't jump off the ship--our cruise is just beginning!! :rolleye0012:

I think that girl isn't Georgina, that girl is Charlotte. It's very difficult to see Rupert's mum and Georgina, they try to avoid the media attention.

I was thinking about all of this, and I'm completelly sure that Rupert and Emma will always keep a strong connection. Emma can get a boyfriend, Rupert can get a girlfriend, but when they are together there is something strong between them, you can see it and feel it. I don't know how to explain it... I was thinking in the HBP premiere when Emma was with Jay Barrymore, she said a lot of beautiful things about Rupert "Rupert's gorgeous, he is!!, totally gorgeous. He is very handsome, very handsome indeed" ;) , and the way she looked at him!!. Then, I was thinking in the Bafta's 2011, when Rupert was (and still is) supposedly with Georgia Grome. The way he looked at her, his tension when Emma was near of him, I mean come on!!! :rolleyes: I'm not blind!!! So I think they like each other so much, but I don't know if they have realized it yet.

Apparently, Rupert is using a time-turner!! He's in Norway filming until the first week

of May, so how could he have been spotted in London on April 21????? <_< Notice the fan's

comments--they know this is a joke!! :rofl:

My link

Well, Rupert was in London actually. He and all the cast had a week off of filming, and they are in Sweden now.

This is actually getting amusing have to say-long day at work-no AC!!! ARGH...try being in a room full of 8 year olds who dont use deodorant yet! Stinky kids!! LOL Anyway all I want to say is this- Emma was apparently with George Craig according to rumors and come to find out, they werent *Emma never said anything that they were LOL...now Rupert- I know I am reading way into things but if ya ask me there is something odd about all the timing of this ;) Just sayin-call it my detective instincts-those same instincts I have when I know a kid is not telling me the whole story ;) hehe

hmmm... this is something that doesn't really bother me at all.. even if it's true. Ofc we always see the way Rupert and Emma interact and that's what makes it so easy to ship them. But on the chance that Rupert interacts even more closely and better with another girl... well.... then so be it. As many have stated... Rupert's and Emma's happiness is what is paramount here.

No matter what they have a special bond and I have no trouble shipping their friendship on the chance that there is no boyfriend/girlfriend type relationship to ship. :yesyes:

Like any of the rumours either linking them with others or linking them with eachother, none of it deserves too much of a reaction until proven.

Me neither jon... I just think these rumors will blow over and if not, well there is always a future w. our couple ;) I still believe they are hiding from us though LOL...anyone else catch the teaser- R/E CHEMISTRY = SEXINESS...